Jump to content
Deathray

Hares Death Pool 2020

Recommended Posts

Here is my team.

Thanks.

 

George Alagiah
John Andretti
Frankie Banali
*Susan Bayh- Wildcard
Nick Berry, engineer/ data scientist
Michael Diamond, trapshooter
Christy Dignam
Chris Doleman
Bernard Ebbers
Mary Fairhurst
Alcee Hastings
Karen Lewis
Michael McKevitt
Olivia Newton-John
Nobuhiko Obayashi
Gray O'Brien
Brian O'Conner
Sumner Redstone
Harry Reid
Yoo Sang-Chul
Tom Smith - rugby player/coach
Doug Supernaw
Bernard Tapie
Gianluca Vialli
Bob Watson

Subs- Jean-Louis Tritignant, Henry Gray, Ed Battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Vera Lynn
Bobby Brown-Rangers(1923 born)
Bobby Brown-NY Yankee(1924 born)
Vivian Pickles
Margaret Stuart Barry
Lynne Reid Banks 
Freeman Dyson
Eileen Ash-wildcard
Johnny Beattie
Katherine Johnson
Anne Baker
Alex Trebek
Gudrun Ure
Bella Thorne
Kane Tanaka
Sandy Gall
Henry Gray
Aaron Carter
Daniel arap Moi
Olivia Newton-John
Winning Ewing
Vasily Kulkov
Sinead O'Connor
David Gulpilil
Paul Hogan
bench
Terry Jones
Monica Vitti

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my team: 3/25

1. George Alagiah (Wildcard)

2. Daniel arap-Moi :rip:

3. Ruth Bader-Ginsburg

4. Jimmy Carter

5. Rosalynn Carter

6. Catherine Deneuve

7. Celine Dion

8. Bob Dole

9. Kirk Douglas :rip:

10. David Gulipilil

11. Katherine Jackson

12. Larry King

13. Dilip Kumar

14. Loretta Lynn

15. Ennio Marricone

16. Stirling Moss

17. Willie Nelson

18. Olivia Newton-John 

19. Javier Pérez de Cuellar

20. Prince Philip

21. David Prowse

22. Nobby Stiles

23. Alex Trebek

24. Jean Louis Trintignant

25. Henry Gray :rip:

 

Subs:

1. Samantha Last :rip:

2. Yoko Ono

3. Sidney Poitier

4. Bob Barker

5. Chris Rea

Edited by theoldlady
Deaths of Moi, Douglas, Gray (Sub: S. Last)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kinnock,

nearly the same team as last year because for this year everyone was too late :lol:

 

Ágnes Keleti

Alfred Biolek

Bibi Johns

Christiane F.

Cleo Laine

Gina Lollobrigida

Gotthilf Fischer

Hannelore Minkus

Iris Apfel

Isabel Perón

Jimmy Carter

Margot Leonard

Maria Riva  (Wildcard)

Maria Sebaldt

Mario Adorf

Michel Piccoli

Mikis Theodorakis

Monica Vitti

Peter Mark Richman

Ralf Wolter

Rolf Eden

Rolf Schimpf

Rosalynn Carter

Sonja Ziemann

Val Kilmer

 

Subs:

Barbara Rütting

Peter Weck

Gunther von Hagens

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, here is my team :

 

1. Bob Barker (wild card)

2. Barbara Walters

3. Prince Philip of England

4. Valery Giscard d'Estaing

5. Pope Benedict XVI 

6. Rosalynn Carter

7. Dame Angela Lansbury

8. George Alagiah

9. Olivia de Haviland

10. Pelé (football player)

11. Vera Lynn

12. Kirk Douglas

13. Betty White

14. Pierre Cardin

15. Jimmy Carter

16. Keith Richards (of the Rolling Stones)

17. Harry Belafonte

18. Jean Marie Le Pen (French Politician)

19. Alex Trebek

20. Norman Lloyd (American actor)

21. Alain Delon

22. Glynis Johns

23. Tenzin Gyatso (current Dalai Lama)

24. Bernard Tapie

25. Yoko Ono

 

Subs

1. Eva Marie Saint

2. Dick van Dyke

3. Queen Elizabeth II

4. Jean Paul Belmondo

5. Mikhail Gorbachev

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Nobby Stiles (Joker)

2) Abdullah The Butcher (Wrestler)

3) Alex Trebek

4) Andrew Romanov

5) Bill Turnbull

6) Bob Barker

7) Bob Dole

8) Brian Cowen

9) Clarissa Eden

10) David Butler

11) David Gulpilil 

12) Everton Weekes

13) John Hume

14) Kamala (Wrestler)

15) Katherine Jackson

16) Leon Spinks

17) Little Richard

18) Michael Jopling

19) OJ Brigance

20) Pope Benedict

21) Roberta McCain

22) Roger Scruton

23) Sumner Redstone

24) Tabaré Vázquez

25) Tom Smith

 

Subs (in order of preference)

 

1) Margaret Tebbit

2) Jack Charlton

3) Mikhail Gorbachev

4) Ronnie Wood

5) Lee Kerslake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late entry

 

1.

John

Wakeham

2.

C W

McCall

3.

William

Russell

4.

Joanne

Woodward

5.

Gina

Lollabrigida

6.

Tom

Lehrer

7.

Pat

Carroll

8.

John

Astin

9.

Judith

Durham

10.

Herbert

Kretzmer

11.

Teddie

Chinnery

12.

Pete

Murray

13.

Patricia

Routledge

14.

Murray

Walker

15.

Sonia

Gandhi

16.

Clifford

Rose

17.

Shirley

Williams

18.

Henry

Blofeld

19.

Clive

Barker

20.

William F

Nolan

21.

Peter J

Hammond

22.

Leslie

Caron

23.

Yuri

Oganessian (joker)

24.

Sylvia

Syms

25.

Erich

Von Daniken

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Sorry for the late entry

 

1.

John

Wakeham

2.

C W

McCall

3.

William

Russell

4.

Joanne

Woodward

5.

Gina

Lollabrigida

6.

Tom

Lehrer

7.

Pat

Carroll

8.

John

Astin

9.

Judith

Durham

10.

Herbert

Kretzmer

11.

Teddie

Chinnery

12.

Pete

Murray

13.

Patricia

Routledge

14.

Murray

Walker

15.

Sonia

Gandhi

16.

Clifford

Rose

17.

Shirley

Williams

18.

Henry

Blofeld

19.

Clive

Barker

20.

William F

Nolan

21.

Peter J

Hammond

22.

Leslie

Caron

23.

Yuri

Oganessian (joker)

24.

Sylvia

Syms

25.

Erich

Von Daniken

 

Thanks, good to see you back.

 

And don't worry it's not a 'late entry' - that's reserved for the rage fuelling entries that come through after 8pm on the 31st December.  :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just working on the ole masterlist for next year.

 

Honestly where do you fuckers find these people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late?  It’s the fucking 30th.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Late?  It’s the fucking 30th.  

 

29th here.....

 

Bibliogryphon is generally one of the considerate folks who enters in early December in recognition that masterlist compilation takes a bit of time (when done alongside results clarification for last year), which is probably why he is (unnecessarily I hasten to add) apologising.

 

Obviously were open for any entries until 11.59pm UK time on the 31st December though. :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to less the burden by picking famous old people in 2019. Only for that team to produce a higher death rate than some of my cancer ridden Hares teams of the past!

 

I tried the same for 2020 (24 A listers and one cunt), only for Peter Tobin to be immediately announced as on his deathbed. But fuck it, that'll be a death everyone can revel in it when it comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, msc said:

I tried to less the burden by picking famous old people in 2019. Only for that team to produce a higher death rate than some of my cancer ridden Hares teams of the past!

 

I tried the same for 2020 (24 A listers and one cunt), only for Peter Tobin to be immediately announced as on his deathbed. But fuck it, that'll be a death everyone can revel in it when it comes.

 

That wasn't aimed at your team by any means, I'll let people make their own conclusions on the 1st Jan on that score.

 

All I will say is if someones birth date is not easily found, they have no wikipedia article and the press coverage of them is primarily very specific locality/organisational rags, your literally scraping over the FFBI line by your fucking fingernails.

 

On the other end of the spectrum many are bonafidely famous for something (by our standards) but if you walked down any high street in the UK and mentioned their name you'd get blank stares and possibly committed for suggesting they were celebrities..... :lol:

 

And re Tobin, as long as he holds off until New Year...... :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Just working on the ole masterlist for next year.

 

Honestly where do you fuckers find these people?

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Yuri Ogannessian? As a joker no less? That will be the hit of the year imo if he tops it.  I learned something new today, and it's not even 8 AM yet.

7XuPYJXaF1CBAmbwQQ.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Yuri Ogannessian? As a joker no less? That will be the hit of the year imo if he tops it.  I learned something new today, and it's not even 8 AM yet.

7XuPYJXaF1CBAmbwQQ.gif

 

Honestly, given whats in my PM inbox that barely even raised an eyebrow.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Yuri Ogannessian? As a joker no less? That will be the hit of the year imo if he tops it.  I learned something new today, and it's not even 8 AM yet.

 

Amazingly, I know who he is. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have submitted my team, good luck everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Yuri Ogannessian? As a joker no less? That will be the hit of the year imo if he tops it.  I learned something new today, and it's not even 8 AM yet.

7XuPYJXaF1CBAmbwQQ.gif

I am a Chartered Chemist so I thought he was really famous.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DL forums: come for the death, stay for the education.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because some people clearly haven't got the message and because the rush is likely to happen tomorrow into NYE......

 

Here it is again, the checklist you should check your picks against before submitting them to avoid PM back and forth. Please don't submit picks 'on the off chance' it just creates more work for both of us....

 

That all important FFBI filter:

 

Quote

Opener: Are they a household name or famous name I recognise from here: Accepted. (Check if there's two people with same name and clarify if so)

Checking: Are they another name? Google them!

1. Are they notable for anything outside of illness at least locally*? Acceptable (usually involves finding articles on them)

2. Are they primarily notable for being ill at least locally? Go to Question 4/5.

3. Are they in no way notable at all? Ask the player who the fuck they are and evidence of fame, then returning to this. If still Yes then reject.

4. Have they done (off their own accord not kind strangers) any fundraisers or activism of note at least locally? Accept them.

5. Is they're illness only notable for the illness itself not their actions? Reject them, whilst providing opportunity to player to advocate for No. 4. 

 

*locally: within at least a area that has a local rag (major city, town, county, state, university with paper) (will they fucking obit, essentially?)

Thankfully only No. 3 got used in 2018 I'm putting the filter here for ease of use after it appears some people are holding back on FFBI's through not understanding these rules.

 

It's fair to say rejections are bloody rare. It's pretty much to stop people picking the absolute bottom of the barrel for their picks like people with a long term illness/terminal illness/disability who had no intention of sharing it with the world, but the local press are hounding or people who get stabbed and rushed to hospital on new years eve and folk who are in the press selling their death, but have done nothing beyond that of note. Virtually everyone qualifies under Opener, 1, or 4 we had a handful of then 1 or 4 this year, most of which were mis-spellings, and the one which wasn't won the Who the Feck Are They? award. I'd also be grateful if people didn't deliberately go after the Who the Feck Are They? award, as it's meant to be lighthearted fun and will be discontinued if people appear to submit substantially more fringe picks.

 

I'm pretty sure there's been rejections in the past but they're not logged and those PMs are long since deleted by moth me and YW at this point.

 

 

THANK YOU!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm feeling particular nice I will accept the first 25 (or 30 inc subs) names from anyone who hasn't already entered's shadowlists as entries (just let me know) if coming up with a separate list or even c + p ing them is just too much effort :) 

 

Subject to the usual rules of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Alex Trebek
Bernard Ebbers
Bernardino Piñera
Bob Weighton
Boris Pahor
Chitetsu Watanabe
Denis Goldberg
Frankie Banali
Genesis P-orridge
Hugh Downs
Jessie Lichauco
John Lewis(US Congressman)
Johnny Harris (scottish born musician)
Kane Tanaka(joker)
Lee Kerslake
Lucia Hiriart
Luis Echeverria
Mary Fairhurst
Raymond Allen(Sanford and son actor)
Roger Scruton
Sugar Pie DeSanto
Terry Jones
Toby Dawson
Tom Belso
Tom Smith, Scotland rugby captain

backup
Vera Lynn
Lee Noble

Prince Phillip

Rosita Quintana
Javier Perez DeCuellar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't forgotten this pool - will try and get a team in later today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok since I've now finished the annual ritual of doing the 'throrough check' and hurling abuse at the PM entries (with the exception of a couple of entries from last night/this morning) I turn my attention to the the public teams in this thread.

 

@markb4 no WC/Joker nominated. Ruthie Thompson gains the crown by default. You can amend this up to 11.59pm tomorrow night. No FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

 

@Joey Russ  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disqualifications :) 

 

@The Quim Reaper  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disqualifications :) 

 

@msc As already discussed with you, William Frankland occupies your joker spot by default.  No FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

 

@The Unknown Man  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disualifications :) 

 

@Prophet no WC/Joker nominated as such Alex Trebek automatically takes the Joker spot. You can amend this up to 11.59pm tomorrow night 2 Queries = Ruth Thompson = Ruthie Thompson the 108 year old Disney animator not Ruth Thompson the civil servant who kicked the bucket in 2016 and would bring Norman Lloyd off you bench? Norman Gear, the writer, died in 2015 - i assume we're looking at a typo for the rather more famous Norman Lear here and have entered your team into the mastelist accordingly :)  

 

More of these to follow, so don't think you've been let off the hook yet :P..... 

 

Also. I've just cleared a shit-tonne of space in my inbox from old PMs so the usual cacophony of 'I can't PM yous should be averted :) '

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Ok since I've now finished the annual ritual of doing the 'throrough check' and hurling abuse at the PM entries (with the exception of a couple of entries from last night/this morning) I turn my attention to the the public teams in this thread.

 

@markb4 no WC/Joker nominated. Ruthie Thompson gains the crown by default. You can amend this up to 11.59pm tomorrow night. No FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

 

@Joey Russ  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disqualifications :) 

 

@The Quim Reaper  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disqualifications :) 

 

@msc As already discussed with you, William Frankland occupies your joker spot by default.  No FFBI disqualifications or queries. :) 

 

@The Unknown Man  Your team is fine, no queries or FFBI disualifications :) 

 

@Prophet no WC/Joker nominated as such Alex Trebek automatically takes the Joker spot. You can amend this up to 11.59pm tomorrow night 2 Queries = Ruth Thompson = Ruthie Thompson the 108 year old Disney animator not Ruth Thompson the civil servant who kicked the bucket in 2016 and would bring Norman Lloyd off you bench? Norman Gear, the writer, died in 2015 - i assume we're looking at a typo for the rather more famous Norman Lear here and have entered your team into the mastelist accordingly :)   

 

More of these to follow, so don't think you've been let off the hook yet :P..... 

 

Also. I've just cleared a shit-tonne of space in my inbox from old PMs so the usual cacophony of 'I can't PM yous should be averted :) '

Yes, I mean Ruthie Thompson the disney animator and Norman Lear. Alex Trebek as my Joker is fine also.

Thanks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use