Rosalynn Carter. 1927

Buzz Aldrin. 1930

Gene Hackman. 1930

Clint Eastwood. 1930

James Earl Jones. 1931

Raul Castro. 1931

Kris Kristofferson. 1936

Bobby Charlton. 1937

Some great suggestions here. Eastwood is the only one I would disagree with. There is no reason why Clint Eastwood should be on the 2021 DL. There are so many celebrities who seem much closer to death’s door than Eastwood. I feel even Jeremy Clarkson would be a better 2021 DL pick than Eastwood. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Daredevil said:

Some great suggestions here. Eastwood is the only one I would disagree with. There is no reason why Clint Eastwood should be on the 2021 DL. There are so many celebrities who seem much closer to death’s door than Eastwood. I feel even Jeremy Clarkson would be a better 2021 DL pick than Eastwood. 

Yeah true, but he is a big name and would be massive miss if dies suddenly. Since Sean Connery died and was born the same year and was massive miss, I think he could be included, but again he us really healthy and still direct and act in movies still. So pherhaps in the next 5 years he can be included

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

I’d also rule out James Earl Jones. Reasonably active for his age. Disney have supposedly been in talks with him lately to do more Vader voice work.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yeah true, but he is a big name and would be massive miss if dies suddenly. Since Sean Connery died and was born the same year and was massive miss, I think he could be included, but again he us really healthy and still direct and act in movies still. So pherhaps in the next 5 years he can be included

Yes, at this point, I think Eastwood shouldn’t get on the DL wagon any earlier than 2024. Hackman and Aldrin were born the same year as Connery and would be massive misses too, if they died suddenly. I feel more consideration should be given to Hackman and Aldrin, partly because they’re not as active as Eastwood.

I also give you my solemn oath Connery was on my shadowlist this year, as rumours of his ill health abounded and he wasn’t very active in his later years. Furthermore, Connery started smoking at the age of nine whereas Eastwood never smoked, unless it was absolutely mandatory for a film role.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Yes, at this point, I think Eastwood shouldn’t get on the DL wagon any earlier than 2024. Hackman and Aldrin were born the same year as Connery and would be massive misses too, if they died suddenly. I feel more consideration should be given to Hackman and Aldrin, partly because they’re not as active as Eastwood.

I also give you my solemn oath Connery was on my shadowlist this year, as rumours of his ill health abounded and he wasn’t very active in his later years. Furthermore, Connery started smoking at the age of nine whereas Eastwood never smoked, unless it was absolutely mandatory for a film role.

Yeah indeed. Don't know why I wrote down Eastwood, probably because he is a big name and 90 years. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to 100 actually.  

• Like 1

Also maybe Ozzy Osbourne should be included next year and stay untill dies, since he is the last survivor of the original 1987 Deathlist.

And he also got diagnosed with parkinson's In February last year and publicly revealed it in January.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Also maybe Ozzy Osbourne should be included next year and stay untill dies, since he is the last survivor of the original 1987 Deathlist.

And he also got diagnosed with parkinson's In February last year and publicly revealed it in January.

Good suggestion, I feel Osbourne would be a reasonable 2021 DL inclusion, at least, better than Clint Eastwood.

Might I also suggest Alain Delon for the 2021 DL? In January 2018, Delon stated that he was sick of the world and ready to die, as long as his dog would go with him. Furthermore, Delon was a smoker, is now 85 years old and suffered a stroke in 2019. 

• Like 1

Jean-Louis Trintignant might be another one worth considering for the 2021 DL. I’m really surprised he’s still alive. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago and refused treatment for it as he had lost the will to live, following the death of his daughter Marie Trintignant in 2003. 

Robert Solow

Nehemiah Persoff

Beverly Cleary

Victoria Askew

Arnold Yarrow (1920)

Clarissa Eden (1920)

Norman Lear (1922)

Larry Storch (1923)

Morris Perry (1925)

Oscar Quitak (1926)

Leonard Fenton (1926)

Gina Lollobrigida (1927)

Lee Montague (1927)

Ciriaco De Mita (1928)

Monica Vitti (1931)

Jack Nicholson (1937)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Might I also suggest Alain Delon for the 2021 DL? In January 2018, Delon stated that he was sick of the world and ready to die, as long as his dog would go with him.

How is his dog, anyone know?

• Haha 3

Pope Benedict XVI and David Prowse should return on the Deathlist again. Maybe Queen Elisabeth II also, even if she is really healthy since she will be 95 next year now.

Carter's VP Mondale. Turns 93 at the start of january.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Arnold Yarrow (1920)

Clarissa Eden (1920)

Norman Lear (1922)

Larry Storch (1923)

Morris Perry (1925)

Oscar Quitak (1926)

Leonard Fenton (1926)

Gina Lollobrigida (1927)

Lee Montague (1927)

Ciriaco De Mita (1928)

Monica Vitti (1931)

Jack Nicholson (1937)

Of those names only Eden, Fenton, Lollobrigida & Nicholson feel right for the DL

36 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Of those names only Eden, Fenton, Lollobrigida & Nicholson feel right for the DL

I'd certainly add Lear to that.

• Like 3

I feel as though Noam Chomsky, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Glynis Johns and Robert Fyfe are all debut musts for the 2021 DL. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

I feel as though Noam Chomsky, Carlos Menem, Rush Limbaugh, Glynis Johns and Robert Fyfe are all debut musts for the 2021 DL. 

You may be right. And when you take your place on the committee you can put them there.

And having reached that exalted circle you can tell us what the hell they were thinking with some of their previous picks.....:lol:

I feel mandatory returnees for the 2021 DL should include: Pope Benedict, Linda Nolan, Sidney Poitier, Barbara Walters and Larry King. 

Based on nothing but "feel," but I've been working as a sub-editor for 15 years, most of that dealing with financial and business journalism, and Carl Icahn has been very quiet over the past six months....

• Like 1

Luis Echeverría (1922)

Roland Dumas (1922)

Ali Hassan Mwinyi (1925)

Édouard Balladur (1929)

Douglas Hurd (1930)

Trevor Peacock (1931)

Dennis Skinner (1932)

Jean Marsh (1934)

Bill Cosby (1937)

Bernie Madoff (1938)

John Prescott (1938)

Harry Reid (1939)

• Like 1

If there was ever a Likley Lad to consider - James Bolam 

Interesting article on synth music pioneer Wendy Carlos, mentioned twice on these forums so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/11/she-made-music-jump-into-3d-wendy-carlos-the-reclusive-synth-genius

Now 80 years old, she spent the last 11 years in hiding, only now came a statement regarding a new biography on her life.

Also notable as an early visible trans person, she is mainly known for her Moog-ification of Bach on the "Switched-On-Bach" album, and of course, her electronic versions of classical music that was the soundtrack of "Clockwork Orange". Plus, the "Tron" soundtrack.

Don’t want to rock Jean’s Boht but she will 89 next March so she could very soon be Bread. Ronald Forfar of course died last month. 

Will Doreen Mantle (Mrs Warboys) 95 next year be one step closer to be putting One Foot in the Grave