Jump to content
Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I keep thinking he is dead for some reason. Same with 80 year old Roy Walker.

Oddly enough that's why I popped him in here. Googled him out of curiosity thinking he was dead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ed Asner or Cloris Leachman on the 2021 DL. Also, legendary actor Paul Sorvino might be worth some consideration, he’s turning 82 next year and I only just found out he has had type 2 diabetes for nearly 15 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Paul Rusesabagina, the hero of the movie Hotel Rwanda, portrayed there by Don Cheadle?

Now he's 66 years old, in prison and being accused of terrorism and possibly in ill health:

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/international/rwanda-denies-rusesabaginas-health-is-deteriorating/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Also, legendary actor Paul Sorvino might be worth some consideration, he’s turning 82 next year and I only just found out he has had type 2 diabetes for nearly 15 years. 

He might have moved slow, but it was only because he didn't have to move for anybody.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney Houston) who is a singer in her own right is still alive. She is 87 years old.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney Houston) who is a singer in her own right is still alive. She is 87 years old.

I just found out that she was Leontyne Price’s cousin, an other one who could be a great pick !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

What about Paul Rusesabagina, the hero of the movie Hotel Rwanda, portrayed there by Don Cheadle?

Now he's 66 years old, in prison and being accused of terrorism and possibly in ill health:

https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/international/rwanda-denies-rusesabaginas-health-is-deteriorating/

 

Two things I have learned since I started deadpooling:

1. Everybody in prison is in poor health, and should therefore be released immediately on compassionate grounds (according to their lawyers, who would never exaggerate).

2. They very rarely actually die.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Michael Schumacher been suggested yet? There hasn't been much news about him recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Buzz Aldrin? He's 90 and had some recent health issues. Plus would be a big name to miss 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Alliss commentating on US Masters from home - his voice sounds terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrSpud42 said:

Has Michael Schumacher been suggested yet? There hasn't been much news about him recently.

He's got his own thread, so he's on the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps, it’s time for Jimmy Greaves and Mikhail Gorbachev to make a return. I feel Loretta Lynn is a mandatory returnee for next year, as is Jerry Lee Lewis. 

 

Joni Mitchell, Gladys Knight, Cleo Laine and Ozzy Osbourne might be other musicians to consider for 2021. Harry Belafonte should not be dropped and I feel Tony Bennett is worth keeping on for next year, as he could suddenly go like Charles Aznavour did. 

 

Hollywood types to consider for 2021 should include Lee Grant, Ryan O’Neal, Hal Holbrook and Estelle Parsons. Sidney Poitier should really be on the 2021 DL, Clint Eastwood should really not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the amount of deaths that have happened this year there are lot of possibilities I can think of that can be added for 2021.

 

Musicians. Ozzy Osbourne (so surprised he is not on the list already), Brian May, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards.

Sports. Sir Bobby Charlton, Gerd Muller, Sir Frank Williams.

Hollywood/Film. Sidney Poitier, Sophia Loren, Michael Douglas, Angela Lansbury, James Earl Jones, John Williams.

Military and Space. Sir Tom Moore, Jim Lovell, Gene Kranz, Thomas Stafford, Hershel Williams (Medal Of Honor).

Other celebs who are very old, terminally ill or in poor health. George Shultz, Rush Limbaugh, Barbara Walters, Barbara Windsor.

With the amount of deaths that have happened this year there are lot of possibilities I can think of that can be added for 2021.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

 

Two things I have learned since I started deadpooling:

1. Everybody in prison is in poor health, and should therefore be released immediately on compassionate grounds (according to their lawyers, who would never exaggerate).

2. They very rarely actually die.

These were the most important lessons I learned early on, and I have no doubt that you're a future DDP champion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this a while ago, but this is a reminder that June Spencer turns 102 next year and is still in The Archers.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandy Gall has to return to the list next year, now aged 93 and with the huge wave of deaths lately, he could well be among the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I posted this a while ago, but this is a reminder that June Spencer turns 102 next year and is still in The Archers.

Surely she has not been heard since March - I can't imagine her being allowed back to work or recording lines at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Perhaps, it’s time for Jimmy Greaves and Mikhail Gorbachev to make a return. I feel Loretta Lynn is a mandatory returnee for next year, as is Jerry Lee Lewis. 

 

Joni Mitchell, Gladys Knight, Cleo Laine and Ozzy Osbourne might be other musicians to consider for 2021. Harry Belafonte should not be dropped and I feel Tony Bennett is worth keeping on for next year, as he could suddenly go like Charles Aznavour did. 

 

Hollywood types to consider for 2021 should include Lee Grant, Ryan O’Neal, Hal Holbrook and Estelle Parsons. Sidney Poitier should really be on the 2021 DL, Clint Eastwood should really not. 

Gladys Knight seems in fairly decent health and is not at the age for non health related picks so not a pick for me.  I agree with the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobel Prize winner Robert Solow, he turned 96, recently, and will be 97 next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Science has a few candidates: E.O. Wilson is 91, James Watson the DNA discoverer and racist is 92, and James Lovelock the pioneer of environmentalism and, er, cryogenics is 101. He surely goes next year unless he’s frozen himself. 

 

Politics, if he’s notable enough Mustafa Ben Halim was Prime Minister of Libya in the 1950s and is still going at 99, something of a national hero post-Gaddafi it seems.

Again if she meets the requirements, Rachel Robinson aka Mrs Jackie Robinson is still going at 98, and has a record in her own right as a campaigner. And Ben Ferencz is another lifelong campaigner after being the youngest lead prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, and is now 100.

 

Entertainment, looking at people who have been active well into later life but finally seem to have gone quiet. I have Bernard Cribbins, now 91, and Cleo Laine at 93.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NBH said:

Science has a few candidates: E.O. Wilson is 91, James Watson the DNA discoverer and racist is 92, and James Lovelock the pioneer of environmentalism and, er, cryogenics is 101. He surely goes next year unless he’s frozen himself. 

 

Politics, if he’s notable enough Mustafa Ben Halim was Prime Minister of Libya in the 1950s and is still going at 99, something of a national hero post-Gaddafi it seems.

Again if she meets the requirements, Rachel Robinson aka Mrs Jackie Robinson is still going at 98, and has a record in her own right as a campaigner. And Ben Ferencz is another lifelong campaigner after being the youngest lead prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, and is now 100.

 

Entertainment, looking at people who have been active well into later life but finally seem to have gone quiet. I have Bernard Cribbins, now 91, and Cleo Laine at 93.

 

 


James Watson is not a racist. That whole thing got blown way out of proportion and it shows how oversensitive people have become on anything concerning race and how we can’t have a mature conversation about it without resorting to finger pointing and name calling. One of his studies looked at genetic differences between different races, and one factor he looked at was measures of intelligence. Now, I’m all for calling out racists when pseudo science is concerned e.g. social Darwinism employed by the Nazis, but when a study uses true scientific method, we can’t simply refuse to acknowledge its findings because we don’t like the results and then the general conclusions arrived from it. Ofc it was ONE study, and there have been many, and MOST of them say that there are no significant differences in intellect between races. However, is it really hard to believe that there COULD be? For millennia many groups of humans were completely isolated from one another on this planet. It follows that they would have evolved separately and differently according to thousands of situational factors. Anyway, I don’t believe in shooting the messenger. It is the job of scientists to uncover the truth. Facts don’t care about feelings at the end of the day.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use