Jump to content
Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

Recommended Posts

June Squibb - 91

 

Still working according to IMDB (mainly voice acting) but one to watch out for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giorgio Napolitano (former Italian President) and Arnaldo Forlani (former Italian Prime Minister) will be turning 96 in 2021 and are two more reasonable 2021 DL candidates to shield Clint Eastwood and Mel Brooks from appearing on next year’s list. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Vladimir Putin 'to resign as Russian president' as Kremlin footage uncovers major health concerns

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1356795/putin-resign-next-year-russia-president-kremlin-health-concerns-vladimir-parkinsons-ont

Nah, I’m calling bs on that news. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duke of Kent looks quite frail at the cenotaph today. He is 85 afterall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a photo of Leon Rytz who's in a documentary in which Rob Rinder discusses his family's history with the holocaust. 

 

Rytz is the final survivor of the Treblinka camp, likely obitable on that basis alone and looks v frail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh aye, and...

 

An obituary in yesterday's Guardian mentioned that Dr Mona Campbell was "one of the last" people born in Ireland whilst it was under British rule. 

 

Anyone know how many are left - because the last one or two could score dead pool points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and...

 

An obituary in yesterday's Guardian mentioned that Dr Mona Campbell was "one of the last" people born in Ireland whilst it was under British rule. 

 

Anyone know how many are left - because the last one or two could score dead pool points


There were 456 centenarians in Ireland in 2018. Assuming that hasn't gone down on a yearly average, it should be about the same now. 

Partition of Ireland was on 3rd May 1921. So you need to add in 6 months of people who are not quite centenarians. So just taking a punt but maybe 600+?

Maybe "one of the last" notable people but it will be quite a few years until we're down to the last few.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so i even made a forum about this but it got deleted ig, Kane Tanaka?

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GWB_ said:

ok so i even made a forum about this but it got deleted ig, Kane Tanaka?

Do you know why it was deleted (Sir Creep asks, before we see a dozen subsequent threads posted and deleted for the same reason)??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Do you know why it was deleted (Sir Creep asks, before we see a dozen subsequent threads posted and deleted for the same reason)??


The Quim Reaper thinks it’s because we have a World’s Oldest thread already, and Tanaka is famous for fuck all other than her age.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:


The Quim Reaper thinks it’s because we have a World’s Oldest thread already, and Tanaka is famous for fuck all other than her age.

 

And another for centenarians.

We didn't need the latest one about the DL breaking its own record either.   There are enough threads about the DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Tyne Daly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:


The Quim Reaper thinks it’s because we have a World’s Oldest thread already, and Tanaka is famous for fuck all other than her age.

En Passant thinks The Quim Reaper is also taking this opportunity to have a sly dig at comments in the 3rd person, having tried the direct approach earlier with what is now apparent is little success. En Passant agrees with this distaste but fears it will still be ignored despite being highlighted here.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, En Passant said:

En Passant thinks The Quim Reaper is also taking this opportunity to have a sly dig at comments in the 3rd person, having tried the direct approach earlier with what is now apparent is little success. En Passant agrees with this distaste but fears it will still be ignored despite being highlighted here.


The Quim Reaper gives En Passant 10/10 for observation, and himself a decent mark for consistency.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pierre soulages definitely worth an inclusion : one of the best contemporary artist alive, 101 next year, a legendary figure un France 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry Lee Lewis is another potential candidate to consider for the 2021 DL. He suffered a stroke in 2019 and has previously appeared on the DeathList. Let’s remember that Little Richard was a miss this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Murphy - maybe next year is the time George gets reunited with Mildred 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comedy writer Roy Clarke will be 91 in January. He created the well loved sitcoms such as Last of the Summer Wine, Keeping Up Appearances & Open All Hours. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tinkering with putting Ricky Tomlinson on my 2021 shadow list. 82 next year and he has never struck me as looking the most healthiest of people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Steve said:

I’m tinkering with putting Ricky Tomlinson on my 2021 shadow list. 82 next year and he has never struck me as looking the most healthiest of people. 

my-arse-3.jpg?w=510

 

PS You can be 'the most healthy' and you can be 'the healthiest' but you can't be 'the most healthiest'

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

How about Tyne Daly?

Once a week, at most.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Jerry Lee Lewis is another potential candidate to consider for the 2021 DL. He suffered a stroke in 2019 and has previously appeared on the DeathList. Not mandatory to get this one on the 2021 DL, but let’s remember that Little Richard was a miss this year.

 

Don't know about his current health but Don Everly has to be on the Deathlist at some point too. We can't miss the last Rock 'n' Rollers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Don Everly is a must for the DL soon. Hasn’t performed live since appearing as a guest with Paul Simon at a concert in June 2018. Simon introduced him as the last surviving childhood hero he has. He sounded and looked much more ropey than on the last Everlys performances a decade before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use