paddyfool

Coronavirus death toll 2020

Coronavirus death toll 2020  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watch out for any North Korean people getting it considering only way to get in or out of North Korea is via China and that is if you have permission from tour guide company, high ranking official or have special permission etc.

14,380 cases in China now (up 22%). 304 deaths in China (up 18%).

The first death outside of China has now been reported - a 44 year old man from Wuhan travelling in the Phillipines. 

1 hour ago, paddyfool said:

14,380 cases in China now (up 22%). 304 deaths in China (up 18%).

The first death outside of China has now been reported - a 44 year old man from Wuhan travelling in the Phillipines. 

Just give out the numbers and leave the sodding percentages out of it Statto.

14 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Watch out for any North Korean people getting it considering only way to get in or out of North Korea is via China and that is if you have permission from tour guide company, high ranking official or have special permission etc.

I read KCNA and North Korea is very concerned about coronavirus. I guess they are having some cases.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Just give out the numbers and leave the sodding percentages out of it Statto.

You know, you could try posting something constructive, informative or interesting sometime rather than just critiquing other posters on the style of their posts.

Still, how do other people here feel? Would you rather see absolute increase figures, percentage increase, both or neither?

• Thanks 1

Incidentally, I reckon it'll be just 3 or 4 days before we pass the 500 deaths mark. Then maybe a week or two before we pass the 1000 mark. Anyone reconsidering their earlier guess, either upwards or downwards? 

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Anyone reconsidering their earlier guess, either upwards or downwards? 

Moving the goalposts? 

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

You know, you could try posting something constructive, informative or interesting sometime rather than just critiquing other posters on the style of their posts.

Still, how do other people here feel? Would you rather see absolute increase figures, percentage increase, both or neither?

I have posted a metric shit ton of posts on here over the years I have been a part of it. I have also started more threads than you have quoted percentages.

Amongst the reems of shit I have posted have been the 'constructive and informative' too.

You are in no position to question my posting content whatsoever. 

Much of what you post shows you to be an utterly souless individual who brings bugger all to the place other than their intelligence. We have enough intellingent people on here already.

Try and post YOUR thoughts and views rather than the bland drivel anybody could mine from the internet.

Show us some personality ffs, good or bad.

PS: If QR is so intent on sucking the cocks of all that post in disagreement to me his fucking jaws will ache like a bastard.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I have posted a metric shit ton of posts on here over the years I have been a part of it. I have also started more threads than you have quoted percentages.

Amongst the reems of shit I have posted have been the 'constructive and informative' too.

You are in no position to question my posting content whatsoever. 

Much of what you post shows you to be an utterly souless individual who brings bugger all to the place other than their intelligence. We have enough intellingent people on here already.

Try and post YOUR thoughts and views rather than the bland drivel anybody could mine from the internet.

Show us some personality ffs, good or bad.

PS: If QR is so intent on sucking the cocks of all that post in disagreement to me his fucking jaws will ache like a bastard.

:lol:

You can only do abuse, can’t you? Such a tragic existence. Talk about a lack of soul and intelligence.

Reply with more foul nonsense as much as you like. It doesn’t work, we just pity you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

:lol:

You can only do abuse, can’t you? Such a tragic existence. Talk about a lack of soul and intelligence.

Reply with more foul nonsense as much as you like. It doesn’t work, we just pity you.

Is that the 'Royal' 'we' or just you and a few devotees?

Just becsuse you are a smug and self absorbed twat does not make you the official spokesperson. If others have a beef with me they can tell me themselves.

My original point still stands so fuck off.

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is that the 'Royal' 'we' or just you and a few devotees?

Just becsuse you are a smug and self absorbed twat does not make you the official spokesperson. If others have a beef with me they can tell me themselves.

My original point still stands so fuck off.

Doesn’t make me the official spokesperson, says the one who, upon every visit, takes it upon himself to audit people’s ‘post quality’ and ‘intelligence’ in his opinion which obviously outweighs everyone else’s? 

More name-calling, too. You can’t stop. It’s so sad.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Doesn’t make me the official spokesperson, says the one who, upon every visit, takes it upon himself to audit people’s ‘post quality’ and ‘intelligence’ in his opinion which obviously outweighs everyone else’s? 

More name-calling, too. You can’t stop. It’s so sad.

Trust me far more people on here pity you than pity LFN....

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Trust me far more people on here pity you than pity LFN....

That’s not a problem. I wasn’t trying to be a spokesperson by the way, that was my own wording error, but anyone who chooses to go about being so deliberately belligerent for the sake of it, and attempts to belittle and verbally abuse anyone with a view that’s not theirs, they’ve got to have a not inconsiderable degree of sadness in their life. Constant truculence is so tiresome.

I hope I’m not pitied; my life’s really not bad and, as much as truculence aimed at me is water off a duck’s back, I don’t make it my mission to belittle, upset or anger people :) But sure, fire away!

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

That’s not a problem. I wasn’t trying to be a spokesperson by the way, that was my own wording error, but anyone who chooses to go about being so deliberately belligerent for the sake of it, and attempts to belittle and verbally abuse anyone with a view that’s not theirs, they’ve got to have a not inconsiderable degree of sadness in their life. Constant truculence is so tiresome.

I hope I’m not pitied; my life’s really not bad and, as much as truculence aimed at me is water off a duck’s back, I don’t make it my mission to belittle, upset or anger people :) But sure, fire away!

digging_a_hole_ccp953_BD18D72F.jpg

• Haha 1

I really enjoy LFN's rants.  They're nothing compared with Deathers when he loses his rag though.  :lol:

I also find a lot of TQR's posts entertaining. 

I enjoy watching a good row on here.  It's reassuring to have a place where people can speak their minds.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Incidentally, I reckon it'll be just 3 or 4 days before we pass the 500 deaths mark. Then maybe a week or two before we pass the 1000 mark. Anyone reconsidering their earlier guess, either upwards or downwards? 

I'm quite happy with my 100,000 to 999,999 choice. Let's be real here no way this has killed only 350 people so far. Already into the thousands maybe 10,000s of thousands. They're cremating the dead as soon as they die so it's also hard to keep track. 

7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I'm quite happy with my 100,000 to 999,999 choice. Let's be real here no way this has killed only 350 people so far. Already into the thousands maybe 10,000s of thousands. They're cremating the dead as soon as they die so it's also hard to keep track. 

I think it is very likely many are not even being diagnosed or admitted to hospital and are simply being classified as having died from pneumonia. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20200203-093055.thumb.jpg.12ff3945b88d0558804588d5bd12ee96.jpg

Just wait to it hits Wales!!!

• Haha 1

On 30/01/2020 at 00:15, the_engineer said:

EPadpcZX4AAq8t1.jpeg

Your chart is only 2-3 days off more or less from the actual situation (at least from what is being reported anyway). According to PaddyFool`s posting, by mid-Day on 3. Feb. there are 17,459 cases (2298 in critical condition) with 362 deaths reported,. (On the 31st Jan. there were 337 deaths predicted, and 16,350 cases predicted on your chart.) We live in interesting times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Your chart is only 2-3 days off more or less from the actual situation (at least from what is being reported anyway). According to PaddyFool`s posting, by mid-Day on 3. Feb. there are 17,459 cases (2298 in critical condition) with 362 deaths reported,. (On the 31st Jan. there were 337 deaths predicted, and 16,350 cases predicted on your chart.) We live in interesting times.

On the chart for Feb 3rd says over 1082 dead and 52500 cases. Would any of us be surprised if these were the real figures? Could even be alot worse.

• Like 1

With 15,000 births per hour worldwide,  the virus deaths are a massive drop in the ocean.

In context, it's fuck all.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

With 15,000 births per hour worldwide,  the virus deaths are a massive drop in the ocean.

In context, it's fuck all.

True that. Any amount of deaths under a million is fuck all when put up against a population growth rate of 80 million per year worldwide. Depending on how localised they are, of course - if a million deaths happened in Wales, for instance, that'd be a third of the Welsh population.  Scattered around the world, it'd be just 1 in every 7,700 people, meaning that most of us wouldn't know anyone who died.

The biggest deal of coronavirus to many people will be how it fucks with supply chains, travel, personal interaction, access to healthcare etc as the virus and quarantine procedures go global.

Meanwhile, here are the current figures:

20,438 confirmed cases in mainland China so far, up by 3,235 (19%)

425 confirmed deaths in China so far, up by 62 (17%).

185 confirmed cases outside mainland China

Hong Kong reports its first death, the 2nd outside of mainland China.

Incidentally, Japan has just quarantined a whole cruise ship with 2500 passengers and 1000 crew, after one passenger tested positive for the coronavirus. Plague ships for our times...

• Like 1