CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

1 hour ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

This is literally the funniest thing I’ve seen all year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

He's over 60 in the dangerous age range.

Wonder if this will end like Philadelphia did? If it does I think I might start questioning reality.

Tom Hanks also has serious diabetes. Yikes!

One of the teams in Formula 1, McLaren, has pulled out of this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after one of their team tested positive for Corona.

28 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Second Jazz player tests positive: Emmanuel Mudiay

Broken link, can't find anything else from a credible source on him testing positive as well

On 10/03/2020 at 20:43, the_engineer said:

Do wonder if any of the deathlist will die of the coronavirus. Bob Dole is the first name that springs to mind.

I'm going to punt for Desmond Tutu being the first to succumb from it (if any - I'm still in the camp of "it'll all blow over soon")

6 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Tom Hanks also has serious diabetes. Yikes!

Forgot about that. I wonder out of all the people dying with underlying health conditions, how many peoples  'underlying health condition' is diabetes.

41 minutes ago, joneseuro said:

I'm going to punt for Desmond Tutu being the first to succumb from it (if any - I'm still in the camp of "it'll all blow over soon")

I think the only way it blows over soon is if it mutates and becomes less deadly, however scientists have said that's very unlikely at this point.

I'm in the camp that this escaped from a Chinese lab anyway . The lab was buying and selling animals to experiment on from the Wuhan market , then selling back the animals to make extra cash. That's feels correct in my mind with regards to how this all started.

6 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Forgot about that. I wonder out of all the people dying with underlying health conditions, how many peoples  'underlying health condition' is diabetes.

A lot. Most common in Italy are hypertension and diabetes. Something a huge percentage of population suffers from.

• Like 2

I feel US are not taking it seriously enough. It could infect millions in a country like US and cause thousands and thousands of death.

It is not a normal flu. Obviously they wouldn't do anything to prevent the flu. But this has a mortality which is 1000 times  34 times higher, they really can't afford underestimating it.

7 minutes ago, drol said:

But this has a mortality which is 1000 times higher [citation needed]

10 minutes ago, drol said:

It is not a normal flu. Obviously they wouldn't do anything to prevent the flu. But this has a mortality which is 1000 times higher, they really can't afford underestimating it.

Thank you for TRIPLING the actual mortality rate.  

15 minutes ago, drol said:

I feel US are not taking it seriously enough. It could infect millions in a country like US and cause thousands and thousands of death.

I actually agree with this first point. 
Which would be a great argument for Medicare for all to take place in the US, but of course it won’t cause of the health industry 

22 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I think the only way it blows over soon is if it mutates and becomes less deadly, however scientists have said that's very unlikely at this point.

I'm in the camp that this escaped from a Chinese lab anyway . The lab was buying and selling animals to experiment on from the Wuhan market , then selling back the animals to make extra cash. That's feels correct in my mind with regards to how this all started.

No no no. This has CIA black ops written all over it. Developed it in Northern Italy in clandestine medical facilities with help from the Mafia. Meant only to be used on the hated enemies of Iran and China. But as with all these CIA plots they fucked it up and now it is leaking all over the shop. They also meant it to infect North Korea but as Americans have little to no knowledge of geography outside their own towns they infected South Korea instead. Simples. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I read on an Italian newspaper that last year flu mortality in Italy was 0.003%. Probably underestimated. 34 times is much anyway.

And former Southampton clogger Manolo Gabbiadini tests positive as well

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Well, if they will Jazz all over each other like that....

51 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

NHL season officially postponed

not yet official, but will be at 1pm EST

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

One of the teams in Formula 1, McLaren, has pulled out of this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after one of their team tested positive for Corona.

...in fact, the whole racing weekend has been postponed.