CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

I guess any Notable Celebs over 80+ who have the bad luck to live near these dipshits can be added to the list soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I guess any Notable Celebs over 80+ who have the bad luck to live near these dipshits can be added to the list soon.

How's she going to eat through that mask?

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

So far there doesn't seem to be much evidence that the coronavirus has led to more celebrity deaths than usual...

It hasn’t led to any.  Contriving a celeb status onto some fringe person doesn’t give any excuse why this thread was ever created.  But it gives a platform for those who are ill I guess.  

Indonesia's transport minister Budi Karya Sumadi has been hospitalised in Jakarta after he contracted the coronavirus, a senior government official told a news conference on Saturday

Trump has undergone the COVID test. Maybe he is less dumb than he seems...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Trump has undergone the COVID test. Maybe he is less dumb than he seems...

Knowing Trump and his enablers, someone probably convinced him that it would make him win the election or something.

21 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Knowing Trump and his enablers, someone probably convinced him that it would make him win the election or something.

His voice seemed notably raspy in the press conference last night and at times it looked like he was breathing mainly from the top of his chest. You never know...

26 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

His voice seemed notably raspy in the press conference last night and at times it looked like he was breathing mainly from the top of his chest. You never know...

Tbf, Trump is always like that... 

Dying from Coronavirus takes on average about 18.5 days (Most between 15-22 days) and people get better before they get worse so dont count on any deaths yet.

6 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Dying from Coronavirus takes on average about 18.5 days (Most between 15-22 days) and people get better before they get worse so dont count on any deaths yet.

People get better before they get worse?  I haven't read/heard that anywhere.  What's your source?

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

People get better before they get worse?  I haven't read/heard that anywhere.  What's your source?

also, personal contacts who are already infected

2 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

also, personal contacts who are already infected

I thought you were talking about people who die from it.   Like some terminally ill people get a little remission before declining and dying.

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

I thought you were talking about people who die from it.   Like some terminally ill people get a little remission before declining and dying.

well yes they have it too, but it happens for survivors too, they just also get better after the final decline.

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Noted Italian architect Vittorio Gregotti has died of the Coronavirus.  He was 92.

https://www.corriere.it/cultura/20_marzo_15/morto-vittorio-gregotti-maestro-dell-architettura-novecento-ba9468ca-6699-11ea-a26c-9a66211caeee.shtml

(Italian language obit)

Designed the Estadi Olímpic for the 92 Olympics, later used as Espanyol's home ground.

I'm starting to get a bit scared of this thing.I've never felt like that about anything before. I'm almost resigned to memebrs of my family dying from it. I have diabetes so I'm at risk. I don't really care about myself, but it worries m e to death that my elderly  parents might get it. Anyone else feel the same way ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I'm starting to get a bit scared of this thing.I've never felt like that about anything before. I'm almost resigned to memebrs of my family dying from it. I have diabetes so I'm at risk. I don't really care about myself, but it worries m e to death that my elderly  parents might get it. Anyone else feel the same way ?

Yep got my Dad who lives with m and is awaiting heart surgery and has diabetes and asthma.I work in a care home so yeah Im pretty worried at this point.

• Like 2

Definitely not worried, it will all be over in another week. People panicking so unnecessarily and need to calm down. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve said:

Definitely not worried, it will all be over in another week. People panicking so unnecessarily and need to calm down. 

In Italy it is estemeed it will resonably "over" by Easter and government took severe measures. What you say has not the minimal mathematical chance to happen.

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

Maybe in some countries, but in the US it’ll be a while thanks to our fuckwit government. 

I think the experts are trying to workout the best way to handle the virus. I wonder if it is the unpredictability of the virus that is creating so much anxiety.

Human minds are good at predicting the worst. I know research shows that people tend to overestimate how terribly they’ll be affected by negative events and underestimate how well they’ll handle and adjust to difficult situations. Be aware that you are probably more resilient than you think. Take care everyone!

• Like 2

They're saying people over 70 and with conditions like mine will have to stay in our houses for up to 4 months ! How the heck are we supposed to endure that, especially over the summer months ? I live in a flat, so I can't even sit in the garden !  It looks like I'm finally going to get through all those Netflix boxsets I've been meaning to watch !

Reasonably vaccine will be there before autumn. And before that probably specific drugs to cure it. It won't last forever. 

But Italy has been in hell for weeks and still struggles to see a way out. Countries like Spain, France, UK, USA not only are at the beginning, but they are not taking it seriously enough (it also happened here, and tomorrow we'll mark 2000 deaths). Germany and Scandinavians are more serious and I think they won't sustain the same damage. 

• Like 3