Paul Bearer

King Charles III

2 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Millions spent on that bloody coronation for this

On the bright side 2 more Bank Holidays to look forward to.

• Like 5
  • Haha 19
  • Facepalm 1

Bit of a shock. Unlikely to be a lifestyle-related lung cancer like his grandfather at least.

If it was discovered during a prostate procedure, glove up the ass? It would suggest colon or bladder cancer 

Maybe this guy was onto something after all?

King-Charles-3-Death-Day_63205bde0d3e7.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

BBC is saying Harry is traveling to the UK to meet with his father... We all know what happened the last time he traveled unexpectedly back home!

• Like 4

If he gets anywhere near to death's door I hope he pulls through it. 

Can we get Liz Truss to pay him a visit?

• Haha 1

I fear that this thread may now go down the same road as Jimmy Carter's, MyMango is already dealing out negative reactions like they're going out of fashion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

My dad, cousin and my dad's best friend all got diagnosed prostate cancer during a routine check up. They all lived and my dad did a london to brighton cycle ride 6 weeks after getting his prostate removed.

Edit - Apparently not prostate cancer but lets not start giving him the last rights anytime soon.

• Like 2

His funeral plan is apparently called Operation Menai Bridge - though we don't know what Camilla's is.

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yikes! Well, he's never come across as a particularly healthy specimen.

Statement says he's stepping back from duties. He really should just abdicate and allow William to take over.

Abdication is not something that can just be done on a whim. It's a huge process that involves Parliament and all the Commonwealth territories.

I'm sure that William, with three young children, isn't exactly desperate to be King. If the King becomes very ill there may be a regency, but that'll be it. 

4 minutes ago, Comped said:

His funeral plan is apparently called Operation Menai Bridge - though we don't know what Camilla's is.

surely that's changed now he's king

edit: no your right 

4 minutes ago, Comped said:

How about Operation Alma's Bridge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Hudson said:

Operation Gateshead Swing Bridge?

30 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Statement says he's stepping back from duties. He really should just abdicate and allow William to take over.

He'll never abdicate. People seem not to realise that Edward VIII's abdication was a disgrace.

What could happen is that William became Prince Regent, i.e. a sort of caretaker king. But I don't think they'd do that if Charles was terminally ill.

• Like 1

Just now, Sod's Law said:

Operation Gateshead Swing Bridge?

tbh I was thinking more along lines of big ben

I'll echo what others have said that he won't abdicate. People forget that he's not the monarch of only one country like Juan Carlos or Queen Margrethe were. It's too many different parliaments and legal systems that will have to sanction it. 

• Like 1

Camillas ciggies possibly doing more damage to British democracy than Al-Qaeda ever managed.

Hope George is ready to step up if anything happens to William.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Sod's Law said:

I'll echo what others have said that he won't abdicate. People forget that he's not the monarch of only one country like Juan Carlos or Queen Margrethe were. It's too many different parliaments and legal systems that will have to sanction it. 

And opening up legal debates on the monarchy across the commonwealth is not something desired, 

Prince Harry has apparently spoken with the king and is due to visit him in the next few days. Might want to watch the 'gift basket' Meghan's packed for him... 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

There's been nothing else on BBC News for the last hour. Anyone would think the man was on his deathbed.

All the same, I like him, and I know many people live for years with cancer (of all types). No reason why he shouldn't have a few more years yet. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joe Hudson said:

edit: no your right 

Yep. Too much red tape to change it.

ve6efw82mc661.jpg

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Comped said:

Operation Taxpax

Maybe i'm being a bit nonchalant because I work with two Urology oncology nurses and think it's not terminal (at least not within the next year). I've seen the patients they see and he looks much better than them.

• Like 9