Windsor

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Who will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, arghton said:

Triden, a being that has Trump's body and three Biden heads.

Honestly, I have no idea. We'll see.

Or 'Brump'

Brump.jpg

The four top Twitter trends at the moment, as a result of it being brought to light that Trump has seen 10-figure losses and, tax-wise, despite being a “billionaire”, paid less than half what I pay every month in the years 2016 and 17, and nothing for 10 years of the last 15.

84076787-21EA-43DD-A52D-A6078A646097.thumb.jpeg.bf1a8249c8e8102680acb2e6c4844732.jpeg

I’m going out on a limb here, but a) Trump will be quite biblically wound up by the #TrumpIsBroke hashtag, and b) This whole thing is unlikely to serve him well voter-wise.

Has Biden released his tax returns at all, do we know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The four top Twitter trends at the moment, as a result of it being brought to light that Trump has seen 10-figure losses and, tax-wise, despite being a “billionaire”, paid less than half what I pay every month in the years 2016 and 17, and nothing for 10 years of the last 15.

84076787-21EA-43DD-A52D-A6078A646097.thumb.jpeg.bf1a8249c8e8102680acb2e6c4844732.jpeg

I’m going out on a limb here, but a) Trump will be quite biblically wound up by the #TrumpIsBroke hashtag, and b) This whole thing is unlikely to serve him well voter-wise.

Has Biden released his tax returns at all, do we know?

Absolutely yes, I can imagine him foaming at the mouth now everyone thinks he's broke. Trump is defined by his money so yes he is probably really really pissed that this is trending. 

When he was roasted by Comedy central a fair few years back, CC asked Trump if there was a certain line they shouldn't cross (eg: family etc) and Trump said how much he is worth financially. Now it's starting to make sense...

25 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Absolutely yes, I can imagine him foaming at the mouth now everyone thinks he's broke. Trump is defined by his money so yes he is probably really really pissed that this is trending. 

When he was roasted by Comedy central a fair few years back, CC asked Trump if there was a certain line they shouldn't cross (eg: family etc) and Trump said how much he is worth financially. Now it's starting to make sense...

Yep, the very foundations of his frightful ego are built on his “money”, but delusional sociopaths like him can choose to pretend that any woes in that respect simply don’t exist. Much like all the presidential fuck ups of his tenure. 

As an answer to my own question earlier, Biden released the past three years worth of tax returns when his candidacy was made official. All clear. If I were him, I’d attack, attack, attack on this issue, particularly in the debates (as if he was running low on material to start with!)

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

As an answer to my own question earlier, Biden released the past three years worth of tax returns when his candidacy was made official. All clear. If I were him, I’d attack, attack, attack on this issue, particularly in the debates (as if he was running low on material to start with!)

Yeah they are here, but to warn others, as seemingly perfectly normal tax returns they are fucking dull. I get bored enough struggling through my own returns each year as it is.

Correspondent Simon Marks lays it out nice and clear here. This is both completely extraordinary and yet completely expected.

Latest string of Trump tweets

Feels the need to talk about how not broke he is, seems like he is very desperate to get that point across to everyone

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Feels the need to talk about how not broke he is, seems like he is very desperate to get that point across to everyone

Yeah and he "may" release the information - can't imagine anyone holding their breath on that. 

The only consolation for him being it'll likely have minimal impact on those already decided to vote for him

53 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah and he "may" release the information - can't imagine anyone holding their breath on that. 

The only consolation for him being it'll likely have minimal impact on those already decided to vote for him

I dont think it will though. Its the 2016 tax returns thing all over again. The biggest impact he has had on his base when it comes to losing votes would be:

-Bombing Syria
-Grab 'em by the pussy statement

-Big tech censoring his followers and him not rushing to their aid

-Wall not going to be fully implemented

-Reacting slowly on the COVID front

-Holding up a bible like an idiot hoping it'll fix everything when George Floyd was killed

-Not staying true to libertarian leaning promises made during campaign

-Hillary not in prison

Most things dont stick to Trump, as pretty much anything can be brushed off as fake news by his supporters - but the above are things they cant ignore.

Yesterday, we had two new highest quality polls showing Biden 9 pts ahead in Pennsylvania. I was able to imagine him winning Pennsylvania again, defending all his other states but Michigan and Wisconsin and maaaaybe a surprise win in Nevada or New Hampshire or something.... but as it looks now, his path to winning just isn't there.

Trump needs a fundamental change of the race. Tonight's debate might be the best chance, maybe the only one.

I bet there's going to be his usual spectacle tonight, maybe even more theatrics than usual, so that it backfires. As long as Biden doesn't drool on camera, he should be fine. You know, a different republicna candidate might actually score a few points here and there. But Trump won't change his approach.

19 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

From what he has said in the past and his previous lies, he is extremely leveraged (probably offshore), the assets will not all be owed by him he is reigned by his manner of his hairstyle vain and lacking in substance. 

Good to see the debates are similar to those in the UK, in that they’re an absolute shambles.

No clear idea of any policy from either side, as a result of most of the time being taken up by Trump spitting his dummy out at every turn, while the Fox moderator feebly tried to stop him so Biden could have a chance to stammer his way through an actual answer to a question.

The debate was very much a wash. Biden had some good answers and Trump seemed more desperate, but I don’t think it’ll change the overall race.

Biden won that on account of him not being allowed to say too much so he could not say anything wrong with his best line being  "Will you shut up, man?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Biden won that on account of him not being allowed to say too much so he could not say anything wrong with his best line being  "Will you shut up, man?"

He should go one better next time and stay absolutely silent for 90 minutes, let Trump rage on and on like a pathetic, horrendous, poison-spouting man-child for the duration of the debate, then when the time’s up just look down the camera and say “Vote Biden”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

He should go one better next time and stay absolutely silent for 90 minutes, let Trump rage on and on like a pathetic, horrendous, poison-spouting man-child for the duration of the debate, then when the time’s up just look down the camera and say “Vote Biden”.

There was a moment when Trump was ranting about something or other and Biden just looked down the camera, raised an eyebrow and went "Can you believe this guy?" which I thought was possibly more effective than anything Hilary Clinton did in 3 debates with Trump.

• Like 3

The "Biden has dementia" Trump tactic is seeming a big own goal given all Biden had to do was be coherent to exceed expectations. The debate was a clusterfuck and I doubt it changes much but a wash is far better for Biden than Trump.

I'm convinced that Biden will win.

I won't even try to guess the state of the world one year from now, but I can safely predict, that the next "fab four" - president Biden's wife, vice-

president, secretary of state

(Elizabeth Warren) & Michelle Obama (because they won't dare to exclude her) - will be the smartest & most tastefully dressed women alive, according

to the fashion magazines. ;)

I think... that barring election cheating by Trump, Biden will most likely win. Let me explain. 
I think this debate was Trump’s last chance of making a comeback of sorts. This was the moment that Trump really needed to make out like he’s the incumbent and not some insurgent candidate. He really needed to show his populist rhetoric in this debate. And he blew it. 
Trump didn’t go away with no good attacks, he did bring up the crime bill once against Joe Biden, and when Biden did say he wasn’t going to do left wing stuff, Trump was smart enough to note that Biden was losing the left. But that’s not enough for him, as Biden was never going to get a good chunk of the left anyways, and right after Trump attacked Biden on the crime bill, in his very next breath he claimed that Biden was soft on crime. You can’t have it both ways Don. So which is it?

This definitely wasn’t Biden’s best performance, but he definitely had his moments to shine. Mainly Biden really destroyed Trump on the issue of COVID, and Biden gave some good answers on climate change even though I don’t think Biden will go through on any of it. And he had a few good witty lines which resembled Biden’s performance against Paul Ryan in 2012. Despite those good moments, he seemed intimidated for much of the debate, and definitely wasn’t at his peak. 
However, Biden did not shit the bed. And that’s all he needed to do. He needed to seem competent enough to a chunk of the American public, and he did just that. 
This election, I think they are two really key differences from 2016 that really gives Biden a much better chance of winning than Hillary did. First is that Trump is now the incumbent. Back in 2016, Trump ran as an outsider, and it worked. Trump was able to con enough people to win the election in 2016. Now, Trump has a record, and frankly even if you ignore how awful his record is he’s not running as a populist anymore. 
The other thing about Biden is that he’s just more likeable than Hillary, and you can’t deny that. He has a sense of empathy throughout his campaign which just makes him seem like a better person. Whereas Hillary had a sense of entitlement that made her seem unlikable. And a lot of people are really looking for warmth at this dark time. 
This is why Biden will most likely win. That doesn’t mean Trump has no way of winning besides cheating, but Trump is absolutely the massive underdog this time around. 

• Like 3

A Biden presency wouldn't be a tragedy.

He's a sly old dog & It's possible that he does a number on those interest groups who thirst for a war against Iran. 

One year from now they will be so disappointed with his services that they may even try to impeach him. :D

So Chuck Schumer actually played ball for once and forced a vote to protect the Affordable Care Act. Some Republicans did end up breaking ranks with the majority of the GOP. They were Collins, Ernst, Gardner, McSally, Murkowski, and Sullivan. Apart from Murkowski, all of these senators were up for re election. 
The most fascinating of those who broke ranks has to be Dan Sullivan though. At a glance, I didn’t think the Alaska senate race would be that competitive, but with him joining the other GOP senators who voted with dems, I actually think the Alaska senate race is more competitive than I thought it was. I will be keeping a closer eye on that senate race...

• Like 1

^^^never heard of their polls. They go against pretty much every other established polling institute - and I mean every single one.

Edit: Eh, wingnutty... a quote: "Asked who has had a more positive impact on criminal justice 41 percent say Trump, the same number say Kim Kardasian and just 18 percent say Biden."