Pink Floyd

Syd Barrett 6th January 1946 - 7th July 2006

Sydroom.jpg

Shine on you Crazy Diamond....

Syd Barrett 6th January 1946 - 7th July 2006

Sydroom.jpg

Shine on you Crazy Diamond....

Wow!!

You don't really know who will be next because none of them are known to be in ill health.

You don't really know who will be next because none of them are known to be in ill health.

I saw Ric Wright in Gloucester Raod Sainsbury's the other day. He looked good and was in the organic food aisle.

I think Gilmour will be next to go.

Guest Guest

I saw Ric Wright in Gloucester Raod Sainsbury's the other day. He looked good and was in the organic food aisle.

I think Gilmour will be next to go.

Wrong, it was Wright. Very secretive band.

Rick Wright link. So Pink Floyd should also be mentioned on our Great Gigs in the Sky thread as one outfit who have played their last show. If they ever did re-form there is no way they could be a definitive line up any more. Obvious point really, but the track that gives the Great Gigs thread its name is also - arguably - Rick Wright's finest recorded performance.

Rick Wright link. So Pink Floyd should also be mentioned on our Great Gigs in the Sky thread as one outfit who have played their last show. If they ever did re-form there is no way they could be a definitive line up any more. Obvious point really, but the track that gives the Great Gigs thread its name is also - arguably - Rick Wright's finest recorded performance.

It was his tune and all wasn't it? Well you can't say he wasn't prepared for it.... :rolleyes:

I wonder what they'll play at his funeral?

Guest Jane March

I see Rick Wright was from Pinner in Middlesex, a place with a population of less than twenty thousand, which has produced a remarkable array of talent.

Who will be the next person from Pinner to die?

Patrick Moore

Elton John

Michael Rosen

Simon Le Bon

Bob Holness

Tony Hatch

Derek Bell

I see Rick Wright was from Pinner in Middlesex, a place with a population of less than twenty thousand, which has produced a remarkable array of talent.

Who will be the next person from Pinner to die?

Patrick Moore

Elton John

Michael Rosen

Simon Le Bon

Bob Holness

Tony Hatch

Derek Bell

Of which Jane March was not one....:rolleyes:

You'd have to say Moore...

Incidentially, Rick Wright died on the 33rd anniversary of the release of 'Wish You Were Here'...

Incidentially, Rick Wright died on the 33rd anniversary of the release of 'Wish You Were Here'...

Rick, for writing "the Great Gig in the Sky", which I personally consider The Floyd's best song... I salute you!

Rick, for writing "the Great Gig in the Sky", which I personally consider The Floyd's best song... I salute you!

Id like to thank him for all those times I got seriously stoned.........

Shine on you crazy pianist

Id like to thank him for all those times I got seriously stoned.........

If only he had survived for a few more months and waited until the 33 1/3rd anniversary

Roger "The Hat" Manifold, who was the chief roadie for Pink Floyd during their seventies tours, has died. He provided various comments and some manic laughter which can be heard on Dark Side of the Moon.

Lesley Duncan, one of the backing singers on Dark Side of The Moon, has died aged 66. :D

She also made records with Elton John and The Alan Parsons Project.

3256030.png

Lesley Duncan, one of the backing singers on Dark Side of The Moon, has died aged 66. :D

She also made records with Elton John and The Alan Parsons Project.

She actually composed the song "Love Song" on which she duetted with Sir Reg. "The version on Tumbleweed Connection remains one of the few songs to appear on a formal Elton John studio album composed solely by someone other than John and Bernie Taupin, one of their collaborators or a member of the band" (according to Wikipedia).

Pink Floyd roadie Alan Styles has died aged 75. He was thes subject of the song Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast on the album Atom Heart Mother. He also appeard on the cover on their Ummagumma album.

Polly Samson (David Gilmour's other half) has tweeted that graphic designer Storm Thorgerson (Led Zep, Pink Floyd) has died.

and the BBC

Gutted, Storm was a funny man with a unique talent. Plus I didn't pick him. Vale.

Huh? Only credited with one Alan Parson's Project sleeve? I thought for sure that there were more. Ammonia Avenue looks typical Torgerson.The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Ammonia_Avenue.jpg