faustus

Pink Floyd

Is it the cast of the little known 1971 bongo flick 'Back Door Entry Gangbang Over the Piano?'

I only ask because my Uncle Ernie was in it and the long haired bloke with the stripey t-shirt on the left waiting for his turn looks a bit like him.

"...he ate the elephant"

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

I was a teenager off my nut on one of Dr Hoffman's 'prescriptions' when I first heard the magnificent 'Effervescent Elephant', and I believe that over the course of that day I must have listened to it about 50 times, in between bouts of listening to 'Bike'.

I have heard neither since, but I seem to remember that Effervesecent Elephant sounded like it was sung all in one breath, although that may have been my brain playing tricks considering the circumstances.

From Bike: -

"I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house.

I don't know why I call him Gerald"

Classic.

I doubt that's all I've got to say on the matter based on past form. Complete lack of subject knowledge has never stopped me before.

Thanks for letting me share. :)

New York Dolls?

Close...

Guest Guest

New York Dolls?

Close...

13th Floor Elevators?

New York Dolls?

Close...

13th Floor Elevators?

Sweet?

just got back to find no-one's got it yet. don't think i'm right, either, but the one on the left looks like johnny ramone with a moustache, and the guy on the right might be deedee in a bad light - i've ruined my F*****g eyes staring at this thing - it's not the ramones in very early days is it?

just got back to find no-one's got it yet. don't think i'm right, either, but the one on the left looks like johnny ramone with a moustache, and the guy on the right might be deedee in a bad light - i've ruined my F*****g eyes staring at this thing - it's not the ramones in very early days is it?

I thought it might be The Ramones too, but I usually get this type of thing wrong.

I thought it might be The Ramones too, but I usually get this type of thing wrong.

When TMIB said "close" with the NY City Dolls, I too, thought the Ramones and was going to suggest them, but when I did a Google Image Search, I couldn't find the said picture above, so now I'm not sure. It's starting to annoy me now, so I hope TMIB just tells us soon.

When TMIB said "close" with the NY City Dolls, I too, thought the Ramones and was going to suggest them, but when I did a Google Image Search, I couldn't find the said picture above, so now I'm not sure. It's starting to annoy me now, so I hope TMIB just tells us soon.

Nah, I don't think any of the Ramones were old enough to grow a moustache before they made it onto the main club circuit. I'm going to have a wild stab in the dark and say The Stranglers

Nah, I don't think any of the Ramones were old enough to grow a moustache before they made it onto the main club circuit. I'm going to have a wild stab in the dark and say The Stranglers

isn't that a woman front left of the pic? If it is then I'd have gone with whomever suggested early Fleetwood Mac, but as that's apparently wrong on the New York Dolls theme how about Blondie, with Debbie Harry having just been beating over the head with the ugly stick?

isn't that a woman front left of the pic? If it is then I'd have gone with whomever suggested early Fleetwood Mac, but as that's apparently wrong on the New York Dolls theme how about Blondie, with Debbie Harry having just been beating over the head with the ugly stick?

I really can't work out if that is a woman in the photo or a very effeminate man

OK, I'm going to have one last guess.... alright I might have one more or possibly two.

Talking Heads

Back to issues Floydian for a second.

This week's NME has a big feature on Syd, says something about the quality of his work that a publication aimed at youngish music fans would run a front page story on a dead sixty year old who hasn't made important music in 35 years.

I'm typing this with Atom Heart Mother blasting out in the back - Fat Old Sun - seems kinda fitting today.

Mary - good point about the NME. You'd sort to expect them to acknowledge him, but then to stop and think about just how long it is since his last recorded output... you can hear him in every fey-voiced and winsome singer from the last 30 years of indie-oriented rock, from Peter Perrett (who woulda thought 'Another Girl Another Planet' on an ad?) through to... well, name anyone around now in that sphere. So, considering his body of work is erratic, to say the least at times (let's face it, anyone who took those chances in their work was going to fall flat sometimes), and very slim (one and a bit Floyd LP's, two solo, that iffy collection in the late eighties), it's some tribute to the uniqueness of his vision.

Changing tack - The Heartbreakers were a thought for that bloody picture, but I found some early pre-haircut pics, and they didn't seem to match. Not the Ramones is a perfect choice, mind (only 50% seem to fit). C'mon, put us out of our misery!

No.

I'll give you a clue, it's not as they're normally known to look like....

Ah-hah! Is it those guys who won Eurovision, Lordi, without all their gear on?

Re the picture, they're nowt like the NY Dolls but the laddo with the big conk down the front is a ringer for early Geddy Lee.

Were there - briefly - four people in Rush?

No.

Abba. You can send my prize to the usual address.

No.

Abba. You can send my prize to the usual address.

if it were ABBA, I'd have already claimed the prize as I had a guess at ABBA last week :lol:

New York Dolls, Ramones, Talking Heads, Heartbreakers....

...what do they all have in common?

You're loving this, aren't you? :lol:

None of them have ever been in my kitchen.

None of them have ever been in my kitchen.

:lol:

I don't think I know that band ie :D

Guest Timmy Mallet

All crap?,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

They've all headlined at CBGB's?