All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. GraveDanger

By-Election Bingo 2017-22

She will probably resign her seat to give her successor a clean break. When Cameron resigned as PM, there were news articles quite often about what he was doing on the backbenches, and whether it was undermining May.
  3. Bibliogryphon

I can see her sitting it out like Gordon Brown did.
  4. Bibliogryphon

British Science Fiction Series

I think that was most of the JNT era.....
  5. Sir Creep

World's Oldest

He should have dumped her for a 102-yr old when he had the chance.
  6. Sir Creep

Animal Antics

Aye, when in... er........ Rome?....
  7. Joey Russ

World's Oldest

Sadly that’s not going to happen as Masao has died.
  8. Ulitzer95

The 100 Club

Wow. Makes you wonder how many former state politicians there are in the U.S. of extreme ages that we don't know about.
  9. drol

Nobel Prize In Death

BTW, Jack Steinberger is 98 today!
  10. En Passant

Animal Antics

You've gone native very fast.
  11. The Old Crem

Last Word

Can't have been many weeks where 2 centenarians were covered.
  12. The Old Crem

9. Doris Day

https://people.com/movies/doris-days-estranged-grandson-accuses-business-manager-of-manipulation/ Didn't realise that her grandson is reporting some unsavory stuff about her business manager.
  13. Sir Creep

Animal Antics

Grupo A results are in! Alligator 2 Dug 0 Human 0 A Florida man was so upset after an alligator mauled his dog to death at a park that he took his own life. Java was a service dog for 36-year-old Andrew Epp, who suffered mental health issues. Epp was so distraught, his family says he took his own life the very next day. SC
  14. JQW

The Chequered Flag

Expect more updates on this thread over the next couple of weeks, as the Isle Of Man TT races start this evening with the first practice sessions.
  15. msc

Thoughts and opinions on the death list 2019

It'll update when it updates, real life tends to take precedent (rightly). Mind 2014 - no updates for 6-7 months.
  16. The Old Crem

Theresa May

Last two non election changeover's happened on a Wednesday so the 10th, 17th or 24th July could be the date.
  17. JQW

A message-board I occasionally visit has a long running thread that's ideal for dead pooling - it's essentially mentions anyone in a particular field of interest who has major health issues. I've managed to pick up quite a few dead pooling hints from that site over the years, although many of the mentions were of people highly unlikely to receive an obit over here. Last year that thread stuttered to a halt, with no updates for several months. It turns out that the most regular poster to that thread had died suddenly, and no-one else was taking it over.
  18. En Passant

A Joke

That's one of those where I'm sure I should cringe, not laugh, but did anyway. To paraphrase some old line I forget the provenance of "but I had the grace to feel bad about it".....Rab C Nesbitt probably.
  19. Clorox Bleachman

Nobel Prize In Death

Telegraph obit for Murray Gell-Mann. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/05/25/murray-gell-mann-physicist-awarded-nobel-prize-work-elementary/
  20. gcreptile

Hares Death Pool 2019

My pick Caroline Robinson died three days ago on the 22nd: https://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/112914720/palmerston-norths-town-crier-caroline-robinson-dies-of-cancer
  21. The Old Crem

Time Added

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/24/first-ever-football-agent-dennis-roach-dies-aged-79-9684123/ Dennis Roach, football agent, dies aged 79. Gets an article in the print edition of the mirror but I can't find it online
  22. gcreptile

Life In Prison

Thomas Silverstein, apparently holding the record for the longest solitary confinement (35 years!), has died at 67 in Colorado: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/solitary-confinement-thomas-silverstein-inmate-supermax-prison-held-35-years-has-died-cause-of-death-not-revealed/
  23. The Old Crem

Holiday apparently.
  24. The Old Crem

Claims she won't go until the next election - but voting for things she clearly doesn't believe in might see her change her mind like David Cameron did.
  25. drol

The sad truth is that the Deathlist won't last forever. Not the forums, those attract new members almost every year, but the DL himself as it is in the hand of a restricted bunch of people. And as everything which is managed by few people, it is destined to end with those people, not necessarily because they are dead, but maybe because they have simply lost interest. There was a site in Italy called "Il Morto del Mese". Every month you could vote your favourite celebrity who died durig the last 30 days. The site started about in 2008 and it published dozens of humorous obits, mainly of unknown people (to give you an example, Dumiso Dabengwa would have probably been there). But the site was managed by a very small bunch of people and as years passed number and quality of obits started to decrease. As there was a chat on the site many asked the curators to delegate writing obits to people willing (and there were many, it was a popular site), but they always refused. Someone sticked up for the admins. saying quality of the site would become lower enlarging the group of obit-writers. But it was clear the site was utterly dying. And on 13th October 2017 the site died. Barry Dennen was the last obit. No one has ever given explanations about what happened, not on the site, not on its Facebook page. And it has been decomposing for a year and a half. It's a matter of time, but the DL will meet the same end. That said, I think it will still hold some years.
  26. YoungWillz

How long will Theresa May remain on the backbenches? Can't see the Tories calling a General Election, even with a change of leader.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use