All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. DCI Frank Burnside

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

As opposed to the roaring sucesss of the privatisation of British Rail is........
  3. Bibliogryphon

Football

You have to love a good Leeds United capitulation. Mighty Foxes back where they belong
  4. Today
  5. RoverAndOut

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

I hope Newey goes to Aston Martin. I desperately want Alonso to have a realistic shot at race wins again, as I'm certain he can still do it. Is Mercedes an exciting prospect to Newey? Probably not. Ferrari would be more interesting due to their history and prestige. But, as I said before, Aston would offer him the chance to build up a team into title contenders for the 4th time (after Williams, McLaren and Red Bull - I know the first 2 were successful before him). Surprised Audi aren't making a play for him too, he could turbocharge their entry. I'm uncertain about all this hype about Audi. New manufacturers rarely hit the ground running. Toyota didn't win in 8 years of F1. Mercedes took 3 seasons before their first win and 5 before their first championship. Audi do have good motorsport pedigree, but F1 is a different animal and breaking the hegemony of the big boys is not easy, and there's so many teams fighting just behind Red Bull already: Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Aston Martin. Add Audi into the mix and we could have 6 teams fighting it out, which, if they're relatively equal, could be thrilling, or we could end up with Noah's Ark, 2 by 2 by 2 - no wonder they're talking about points down to 12th.
  6. RoverAndOut

Haven't watched it yet. I will do.
  7. Yeah, the guy in the Threads clip said something about that.
  8. RoverAndOut

It is. But do we want to see presenters standing still, with their arms by their sides? It looks unnatural. If they're cropped from the chest up, then fine, but otherwise I'm fairly certain it would very quickly become weird. Maybe we'd get over the weirdness and it would become normal with time. But movement maintains focus and concentration. I'm not saying they need to do drastic movements or move all of the time, I fully agree time and place and leaving room for emphasis. The point I was making is in the past, they got away with it by having them hold a microphone. Now their hands are idle. Sometimes they get around it by getting them to walk somewhere, like down a high street, or along a bridge.
  9. No, they don't. It's perfectly possible to stand still without fidgeting and waving your hands about.
  10. Toast

King Charles III

She has had (probably) bowel disease which is debilitating, followed by a major abdominal operation. And chemo can knock people for six. I'm hoping that the cancer cells didn't get a chance to spread.
  11. RoverAndOut

They used to be occupied by holding a microphone, but now it's all lapel mikes, they've got to do something with their hands.
  12. Brad252

King Charles III

Is this akin to what the Princess of Wales tried with that Mothers Day image that backfired?
  13. At some point it became obvious that news reporters and presenters had been instructed to move their hands continually. It's very annoying and distracting, and the result is that they have nothing left to express emphasis when it's needed.
  14. Octopus of Odstock

FIFA World Cup Players

Goran Hagberg, reserve goalkeeper for Sweden in 1974 and 1978, dod, aged 76.
  15. Grimgrass

The Archers

IMDB is now claiming Pamela Mant died on 13th October 2022 in USA.
  16. Bestparolanto

Israeli Targets

Incapable of respecting the laws of their own country (which they have sometimes established), I understand that they don't give a s... of international rights.
  17. Paul Bearer

King Charles III

And you lot stop fucking winding him up.
  18. Ulitzer95

Klaus Schwab

https://realrawnews.com/2024/04/klaus-schwabs-health-deteriorating-after-arrest/ “doctors question whether the maniacal megalomaniac will live long enough to stand trial for crimes against humanity.” Seems totally legit to me.
  19. Sod's Law

King Charles III

Probably resents being usurped by one of the more 'junior' crazies on this site.
  20. Whitehouse

Darwin Awards

Turned out to be a copycat case. Not drug related but he wanted to settle a dispute about a girl. Everybody; "Awwwww!!!"
  21. TQR

King Charles III

Crem liked that, of all people. Good heavens.
  22. DevonDeathTrip

Klaus Schwab

More importantly, @Rotten Ali, great to see you! Please stick around, or come and visit us occasionally
  23. 26th April 34 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 32 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 29 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 29 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 28 Manic Street Preachers—Your Love Is Not Enough 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie +2 24 Coldplay — In My Place 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements 23 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 23 Busted — Year 3000 22 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 18 Pink — Get The Party Started +2 18 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 16 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 14 Daft Punk — One More Time -6 12 Kelis — Trick Me 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 10 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah
  24. ObakeFilter

Israeli Targets

Probably something in the likes of 'Please stop crossing on red lights before you'll turn into a thrift shop Jörg Haider'
  25. Commtech Sio Bibble

King Charles III

Mango boy is a very negative person, might need some therapy.
  26. TQR

King Charles III

mymango reacted to this.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use