All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Toast

Things To Do While Waiting For Death

Get up early to watch this Luckily it didn't zap my electrics.
  3. Skinny kiltrunner

Farmer Tony Martin

4. John Robinson

Robert Redford

1 year later, he is now 83
  5. Sir Creep

The Dead of 2019

Former University of South Carolina Athletics Director Mike McGee died Friday at his home in Montrose, Colorado. He was 80. McGee, a College Football Hall of Famer from his playing days at Duke, served the Gamecocks for 12 years and is perhaps best known for his excellence in coaching hires. He brought Lou Holtz, Ray Tanner, Curtis Frye and Steve Spurrier to Columbia before retiring in 2005. SC
  6. YoungWillz

Farmer Tony Martin

There's a reason for the law the way it is, I'd say. Most intruders flee when confronted. Look, if intruders think they are going to be confronted with an armed person, they are going to come armed. Huge business in illegal firearms for crims who wouldn't normally carry them. Then what? If householders think intruders are going to come armed, they'll arm themselves. And the circle continues until we become USA. Really? I'd have had no problem if there was a sign up saying trespassers may be shot. (Whether that's entirely legal is another matter! And again it might encourage the bad guys to come armed!) If you are going on to a farm, more than likely a farmer may have a licenced firearm for foxes, etc. Martin took no steps in that regard. Turns out he was a racist coward with mental problems and an illegally held weapon who shot teenagers in the back as they ran away from him. You can't generalise and say in every circumstance the death of anyone is justified. Every circumstance is different. And in this case....well...I'll refer you again to the OP. He's wearing his beret like some kind of war veteran. And I'll say again, Martin is a total hypocrite - he wants laws that suit him and as it turns out the laws he advocates would have had him swinging from a rope before his appeal came through. But hey, it's divisive, I understand.
  7. Sean

Farmer Tony Martin

Good I think that all intruders should be shot should the landowner see fit.Will make others think twice.
  8. Sean

Farmer Tony Martin

How the hell did Martin at the time know he wasn't going to be raped tortured or even killed by the intruders?
  9. Sean

Farmer Tony Martin

I have no sympathy for the bloke he shot.He shouldn't have trespassed.
  10. Yesterday
  11. time

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

@Death Impends, Great job there. @The Dead CowWell done on the win. 6th place finish myself, can't complain!
  12. Cant Wait

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

Hmm... How about Julie Gibson, she’s 105, and she’s frail and old. Just a suggestion.
  13. The Ashes Urn

Death Anniversary Thread

The last ditty for Billy Murray on this day 65 years ago, aged 77.
  14. YoungWillz

Farmer Tony Martin

I hear you and I hear your reasoned argument. However, on one point I am sure. Those lovely law abiding citizens who defend their lives are safe. Martin was already a criminal by having an unlawfully held weapon in his hands. If he was mentally unfit, that's all the worse, not the better. Nobody was threatening his life, and the realms of speculation about they might have done this or that is irrelevant. In this case, the answer to bad guys without a gun was a bad guy (albeit with diminished responsibility) with a gun. No place here, no place at all. In my opinion of course.
  15. Fergie86

The 100 Club

Out of those three I would say Kirk Douglas then Norman Lloyd and finally Olivia de Havilland.
  16. gcreptile

Congratulations DeadCow, bulls' eye, so to say.
  17. gcreptile

Political Frailty

Jean-Claude Juncker - still in power! - has emergency surgery to have his gallbladder removed: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/17/jean-claude-juncker-cuts-short-holiday-to-have-urgent-surgery
  18. Toast

Death In The Family

Sorry to hear that, drol. That sort of death is kind to the person who dies, but so much harder for those left behind.
  19. ajlposh

Comics & Comedy Writers

Kip Addotta has died
  20. The Watcher

The 100 Club

Three famous actors all over 100. Who will depart the stage first? Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland (the only adult actor still with us from Gone with the Wind) or Norman Lloyd?
  21. The Watcher

World's Oldest

Norman Lloyd reputedly the world's oldest actor will be 105 on November 8th 2019.
  22. Joey Russ

Yay, I get the wooden spoon.
  23. The Watcher

Nicholas Parsons

How will his favourite Paul Merton manage on Just A Minute when Nicholas Parsons is no longer able to chair the show?
  24. Death Impends

SEPTEMBER After Marquez, the HPDP really slows down. YoungWillz proved astute with picking the hirsute Burt Reynolds. The Bandit going up in smokey gets 25 sub points for Willz and finally puts him on the board. Sir Creep landed a unique hit with Kulsoom Nawaz on September 11, getting 20 base points and 8 bonus points for 28 in total. Another surprise unique hit comes on September 19 in the form of Denis Norden. Take It From Here, LFN, you get 25 base points and 10 bonus points for 35 in all. OCTOBER DDT finally gets his first hit on October 30 with Buddhist teacher Sangharakshita. Also a sexual creep, so whatever he gets reincarnated as probably won't be all that illustrious. Either way, DDT gets 15 base points and 6 unique bonus points for 21 total thanks to Sangharakshita going down the shitta. NOVEMBER Though Devin Lima's November 21 death was a gamechanger in the DDP, over at the HPDP it just reinforced what was already happening. Only Dead Cow picked him here, and as a sub, so he adds an extra 25 points of padding. (fun fact: LFO appeared on one of the later versions of Hollywood Squares, so Lima's a very rare instance of a DDP Drop 40 hit to be on Hollywood Squares that was only picked on the bonusless subs bench here!) The last biggie to fall in 2018 was none other than George H. W. Bush on November 30. Bit of a tricky one to judge the bonuses for. There is a US President bonus but it says it's for recent or incumbent US Presidents. And Bush were out of office for 25 years when he died, which isn't all that recent at this point. I also don't see him falling under the crimes against humanity blanket (Dubya a different story, but he's not the one I'm totting up bonuses for...). So as it stands, read my lips, no bonuses for Bush. As for his 7 HPDP voters: deadsox gets 40 points. Exu, time, Toast, and Wormfarmer 30. FixedBusiness 20. and msc 15. DECEMBER Though there was only one December hit, it still carried significance to the HPDP in terms of history, that being the second loss of a forumer's "mascot". DDT is one of the few around to have a perfect HPDP attendance record (with Ali inactive, I think it's just him and mpfc?), and from the pool's inception up until her December 26 death, he had persistently picked art nun Sister Wendy Beckett. Like a DL without Dunn, me without Foray, and msc without Lady Wilson, it's not quite the same having DDT enter a HPDP team without her. Spade still does have his Glynis though. Either way, DDT receives 40 basic points and 16 bonus points for 56 total. I'll throw in an extra 1.3 points as well, or one tenth of a point for each year he picked her. Scoreboard for up to the end of the year. As mentioned previously, I will wait another week to allow for any missed bonuses to be sorted out. Then the 13th place (if the scoreboard stays as is, I'm just gonna treat both =12th place teams as 13th...) and interesting team bonus. So if you have any shock evidence Vanessa Marquez was a baseball player, which would drop Cow from the lead to negative points, speak before MIDNIGHT GMT ON AUGUST 25 or forever hold your peace: 1. The Dead Cow 425 2. RadGuy 267.3 3. CaptainChorizo 259 4. Uschi 245 5. deadsox 225 6. time 198.5 7. Death Impends 197.1 8. FixedBusiness 185 9. msc 181 10. Sean 172.4 11. Toast 154 =12. gcreptile 147 =12. Wormfarmer 147 14. Book 145 15. maryportfuncity 136 =16. Pedro67 135 =16. The Unknown Man 135 18. Lord Fellatio Nelson 134 19. Prophet 131.1 20. Sir Creep 112 21. drol 110.1 22. the_engineer 105 23. Exu 95 24. Rotten Ali 87 25. DevonDeathTrip 78.3 26. John Key 70 27. Deathray 45 =28. Bibliogryphon 25 =28. YoungWillz 25 30. Joey Russ 0
  25. The Quim Reaper

Death In The Family

Oh my god drol, how very harrowing! My thoughts are with you and the family. Take it easy, mate.
  26. Sir Creep

Death In The Family

Wow. Prayers, drol
  27. Sir Creep

Lol I had 84 points by January 17, and as of Aug 30 I had....84 points.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use