On 26/07/2011 at 18:20, Vinegar Tits said:

Nicholas Parsons - born 1923 so not far off 90 and yet seems as active as ever. Doesn't seem to have aged either, though even in the films he made in the 50s he looks old (well, maybe not 'old' as such but looks the same as he ever has).

Of course, as with anyone getting on a bit it only takes a fall or a mild illness...

Looked in great shape on Pointless today, can't believe he's 89. Better than his partner Rick Wakeman, anyway.

• Like 1

Nicholas Parsons - born 1923 so not far off 90 and yet seems as active as ever. Doesn't seem to have aged either, though even in the films he made in the 50s he looks old (well, maybe not 'old' as such but looks the same as he ever has).

Of course, as with anyone getting on a bit it only takes a fall or a mild illness...

Looked in great shape on Pointless today, can't believe he's 89. Better than his partner Rick Wakeman, anyway.

Sounds as good as ever too, judging by the Wonga adverts...

Former Sale of the Century quiz show host is now 89...

...but shows no signs of slowing down as yet

He seems amazingly resilient. I'd be surprised to see him go this year.

I know they made a big deal out of the 45th anniversary of Just a Minute last year as ol' Nick isn't expected to be around for the 50th. I half expect him to be around in 4 years though, he is Nicholas Bloody Parsons after all.

• Like 1

I saw Nicholas Parsons bounding through St David's station in Exeter a couple of months ago, manfully juggling an overnight bag, an egg sandwhich and a takeaway coffee as he cantered down the platform in a successful attempt to catch the departing Paddington train.

Seems a strange choice, not young enough to be a big pointer but not old or frail enough to really be a cert.

Perhaps 'ballsy' is a better word than strange. I suppose only time will tell.

To be fair he is at the stage in life where going to sleep can be fatal

For those too young to remember or too foreign to have been subjected to him, here is Nicolas condensed.

You'll get the idea

He was a fequent butt of the jokes on the 70s radio show Hello Cheeky:

Example "Today in a competition to find the sexiest man on Television called Nicholas Parsons..........Nobody won"

And then there is the traditional NP joke

"Lots of Girls like Nicholas Parsons and lots of Parsons like............." :old:

• Like 1

I think we should have gone for Denis Norden rather than Parsons personally. Had a bout of ill health or two within the last few years and he's a few years Parsons' senior.

I suspect Nicholas Parsons of being one of those mysterious immortal creatures from another dimension, like David McCallum and (so I've been told) Joanna Lumley.

I suspect Nicholas Parsons of being one of those mysterious immortal creatures from another dimension, like David McCallum and (so I've been told) Joanna Lumley.

Some thought the same about Clive Dunn for a time...

Norden would have been a good pick, he served in the army alongside Eric Sykes.

No, Clive never had that vibe for me. His "immortality" was because he was always old. Same with Liz Smith - she's been around for donkeys years, but I can't remember her not being an old lady.

No, Clive never had that vibe for me. His "immortality" was because he was always old. Same with Liz Smith - she's been around for donkeys years, but I can't remember her not being an old lady.

Mainly because she has always played old ladies ever since her debut, when she was already well into her fifties

Mainly because she has always played old ladies ever since her debut, when she was already well into her fifties

Ah yes, but I recall an interview in which she said that she had always looked like an old lady, even when she was young ......

Ah yes, but I recall an interview in which she said that she had always looked like an old lady, even when she was young ......

She's an ideal DL candidate in any case, turns 92 this year, retired from acting years ago and has had assisted living for some time now

Apart from not looking his age he also has his marbles which in the tenth decade is as important as physical health, so yeah a strange choice.

New series of "Just a Minute" started on Monday night with NP sounding as jovial as ever.

• Like 1

I always got this cunt confused with Derek Batey

Apart from not looking his age he also has his marbles which in the tenth decade is as important as physical health, so yeah a strange choice.

Death at that age only needs a fall or a chill...

Guest Guest

Word is Nick lost his hearing aid .He's said to be close to deaf :lol:

Word is Nick lost his hearing aid .He's said to be close to deaf :lol:

Straight from Norwich its the joke of the week

• Like 1