Youth in Asia

Meghan Markle

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That's the Daily Star (Reach plc) above. Daily Mail is the DMG group. Star is Labour, Mail is right wing, so quite different papers.

Meh. They still deserve to be homeless

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I wouldn't exactly call 'ticking up' to -14% a ringing endorsement...

Its just a matter of time before she further exploits the race card. We all know Oprah's angle...

Personally the fact that she is black doesn't figure in my opinion of her which is why I suspect they have invented this new fangled racism called white privilege and unconscious bias. So even though I'm not actually a racist, I actually am, but just don't know it.

I hated the Di effect, and she was pretty white... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Its just a matter of time before she further exploits the race card. We all know Oprah's angle...

Personally the fact that she is black doesn't figure in my opinion of her which is why I suspect they have invented this new fangled racism called white privilege and unconscious bias. So even though I'm not actually a racist, I actually am, but just don't know it.

I hated the Di effect, and she was pretty white... 

Couldn't agree more.  This is causing growing resentment and creating racism where there was none before. 

• Like 3

I'm not British but I do find it really funny this attachment British tabloids have to Prince Harry as if he's betraying the public and betraying them. You see it in the comments of these pages where it's as if these people are disappointed aunts and uncles. It's like they had more expectation for this kid in a palace that has no idea who any of them are than their own children.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2021 at 18:55, Vaagheid said:

Can someone who is more into the British Royals then me explain something to me.

Why does it seem all the focus and hatred (both in the media and the Royal family) directed to Harry and Meghan? Why is it not all of it directed to Prince Andrew? Who seems to be a way bigger problem for the Royal family and should be facing jailtime.

I honestly don't understand this.

Andrew has sensibly kept his head down which affords him some peace.

Meghan can't keep her mouth shut and the thirst for publicity is baiting the media.

It won't end well, but it should assure her of a lot of work in the states and a fair wedge of cash into the bargain 

10 hours ago, anonymous said:

I'm not British but I do find it really funny this attachment British tabloids have to Prince Harry as if he's betraying the public and betraying them. You see it in the comments of these pages where it's as if these people are disappointed aunts and uncles. It's like they had more expectation for this kid in a palace that has no idea who any of them are than their own children.

Nothing has actually been proven against Prince Andrew and although the ages of the girls he was allegedly cavorting with isn't helpful, I don't believe any of them are reported to be under the age 16. Thus he isn't a paedo in this country, just a dirty old man. The only issue here is how the young ladies got here as beyond that there is no suggestion that there was any other illegality.

Harry and Meghan come in for more criticism simply because they are pretentious cunts. Which in my view, is fair game.

• Like 3

Witnessing these discussion I'm as ever delighted to have a dull president with a family so boring that I now needed to look up whether he had any in the first place.

22 minutes ago, frleon said:

Witnessing these discussion I'm as ever delighted to have a dull president with a family so boring that I now needed to look up whether he had any in the first place.

You need a monarchy. Bring back the Emperor!

• Haha 1

I think a lot of people who posted support for Harry & Meghan when they first left were probably those who had at best an antipathy towards the Royal Media circus so they are not going to tune in to a chat show about blowing the whole thing open

4 hours ago, Exu said:

Andrew has sensibly kept his head down which affords him some peace.

Meghan can't keep her mouth shut and the thirst for publicity is baiting the media.

It won't end well, but it should assure her of a lot of work in the states and a fair wedge of cash into the bargain 

Andrew has hired PR people and would put his head back up if he could - Megan's done him no favours because any criticism levelled at her alleged misdeeds only prompts those who support her to retort with some "What about Andrew" stuff. 

Have they cast Virginia Giuffre in the next series of The Crown yet?

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

You need a monarchy. Bring back the Emperor! 

Yeah, as long as it's the right flavour (i.e. Holy Roman) I'm willing to make that one exception. To be elected, of course, I won't put up with any of these bloody Habsburg fuckers who act like they had a right to a crown. If I were elected (please don't) I'd change my name like the Pope to maintain the high ordinals. Frederick IV. probably. The Charleses got too much baggage, I'd always look bad compared to I, IV or V. Maximilian's another favourite of mine but I went to elementary school with two Maxes, one of which was my arch-enemy, the other just a common prick; so that name's burnt as well.

• Like 1

157830653_736551927053111_1017679802590451568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BBOxxDjDXGgAX89G31X&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=651ccad74b12eae3b67b35c541bf9df5&oe=6069BC45

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Come on, take their titles. All of them. 

I note they didn’t dare take on the Queen. She’d fuck them right up if they tried it.

Henry had a swipe at Charles for not taking his calls but you can hardly fucking blame him. If you had to listen to that self-pity down the phone you’d tan your wrists pretty pronto. Given the choice between speaking to him or a plant, the plant would win hands down every time.

PS. Told you they’d go for the race card. Nobody really cared how brown the baby would be because in reality it was always going to be an irrelevance in the grander scheme of things. Especially at the rate Kate was firing them out.

• Like 1

Didn't watch it.   Won't be watching it or reading about it.  (Apart from any comments here.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Didn't watch it.   Won't be watching it or reading about it.  (Apart from any comments here.)

Diana came out of it well. 

Camilla is being slated on Twitter even though to my knowledge her name wasn’t uttered in the interview. 

I do actually hope that ginger cunt dies a horrible death. He has never taken any responsibility for his actions and always exploited his dead mum. That’s the poor millionaire in a nutshell.

So the newspaper headlines are going with the fact that one unnamed person in the palace asked how dark Archie's skin would be. Since the baby is only one quarter black and his mother has very light skin, that seems to me to be a distraction. 

The real takeaway for me is that they dissed Charles and Kate Middleton, but they didn't dare diss the queen. That is an indication of perhaps how high they see themselves in the hierarchy, whereas in effect they are just about on the level of Prince Edward and his wife.

I remember Prince Edward tried to make a career in the media but found that the only thing that people would pay him for was content that was royal family related. I'm guessing that will be the fate of Harry and Megan as well, for the next 5 years we can look forward to them selling content about the royal family until gradually they lose relevance and William's kids take over as the main centres of attention.

4 hours ago, Windsor said:

PS. Told you they’d go for the race card. Nobody really cared how brown the baby would be because in reality it was always going to be an irrelevance in the grander scheme of things. Especially at the rate Kate was firing them out.

Yeah plus they refused to name who it was because it would be damaging to them (something like that).

Prince Phil then?

99 year old Prince Phil (currently on his death bed) makes racist comment shocker is hardly going to give Oprah the headlines she wants.

It's OK Meghan, we didn't want you to be alive anymore either.

(even more so now)

• Like 1

Using Daily Mail upticks vs downticks as a metric, 90% are against Meghan and 10% are in favour. Still, they can make a lot of money from that 10%.

Twitter is more generous to them...

• Like 1