We’re gonna be alright in the UK, as us absolute world beaters have today launched the official NHS twat and trace app, a mere 5 months after the virus’ peak in this country.

4D705535-366E-4F5C-A407-D7FF86818333.thumb.jpeg.bf30a22835e5fc0b5bc217e82a7188c3.jpeg

I’m only at medium risk of my own personal second wave so it’s all good here.

9 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

We’re gonna be alright in the UK, as us absolute world beaters have today launched the official NHS twat and trace app, a mere 5 months after the virus’ peak in this country.

4D705535-366E-4F5C-A407-D7FF86818333.thumb.jpeg.bf30a22835e5fc0b5bc217e82a7188c3.jpeg

I’m only at medium risk of my own personal second wave so it’s all good here.

See I did tell you everything was going to be ok 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

New UK record for cases recorded in 24 hours - 6,634

41 minutes ago, Steve said:

But everything’s okay, of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

But everything’s okay, of course.

I don’t really know how to come back at that if I am totally honest 

43 minutes ago, Steve said:

I don’t really know how to come back at that if I am totally honest 

Then don't. Just piss off and leave us all alone.

• Thanks 1

Boris to enforce a 'social lockdown' in north England and possibly London. 

Restaurants etc to close for 2 weeks initially and you cant meet others inside but outside is still fine for some reason but come back to the restaurants and cafes as soon as you can but try not to visit your mum. I mean you can breathe in the same air as 15 strangers but god forbid if you visit one other household. :O 

Good ol' Boris logic...

35 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Boris to enforce a 'social lockdown' in north England and possibly London. 

Restaurants etc to close for 2 weeks initially and you cant meet others inside but outside is still fine for some reason but come back to the restaurants and cafes as soon as you can but try not to visit your mum. I mean you can breathe in the same air as 15 strangers but god forbid if you visit one other household. :O 

Good ol' Boris logic...

There is no money in it for Boris if you visit your mum unless of course you meet her in a restaurant.

And there goes the death rate; 71 new Covid deaths recorded in the last 24 hours, the most since 1st July. Also 7,143 new confirmed cases, a new record.

But hospital admissions are slightly down. Maybe they’re full?

I spend to much time here, but, well:

Wash your hands frequently with soap.

And wash your face as well, so that you won't ingest the virus accidentally, when you lick your lips.

On 24/09/2020 at 17:37, Steve said:

The Tories are just looking at the bleeping deaths, aren't they?

THERE ARE STILL THOUSANDS IN HOSPITALS - LOCK THE bleepING COUNTRY DOWN!

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

*repetitively smacks head against the table*

28 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

The Tories are just looking at the bleeping deaths, aren't they?

THERE ARE STILL THOUSANDS IN HOSPITALS - LOCK THE bleepING COUNTRY DOWN!

Yep. The absolute bleeping cunts.

• Haha 2

I bet the longer this pandemic continues with the hopeless leadership we have around the world, it will soon become a popular political stance among politicians around the world to be anti-mask and want for things to get back to normal despite the virus.

There are a fair number of Tory MPs that think this way already, but I mean party leaders - to the point where calling it quits on the masks, bar curfews and social distancing rules in their party manifestos and ultimately let Darwinism take its course. The way I see it, populism will be dead and buried if Trump loses the election so all the controversial politicians need a new 'thing' to go behind that will ultimately give them a USP over everyone else to why people should vote them in. Give it until the end of 2021 I reckon, then anti-mask political opposition will make a prominent rise across the western world.

I mean...we’re now living in an episode of The Thick Of It, I’m absolutely convinced of it.

Over 16,000 Covid test results have been lost due to them running out of room on the Excel spreadsheet they were logging all tests on. Excel of course, being merely a consumer app and not fit for purpose as a national database (obviously, for fuck sake), has a limit of 1,048,576 rows, so thousands of tests dropped off the bottom and weren’t recorded.

51 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think there are too many people out there who think that masks are the key to preventing COVID. People touch their masks and they touch everything round the shop - plus a lot of the employees dont wear masks, even at the checkouts. So germs are still going to spread mask or no mask.

Masks can decrease the likelihood of getting COVID dont get me wrong, but I think people should probably also be wearing gloves too - and even then that only decreases the likelihood slightly. I think just being super hygienic would be the key for not getting the 'rona.

Just 3 weeks after scientists urged the government to do this, Keir Starmer has called for a 2-3 week full national lockdown.

No idea why he’s bothering. Much like in March, it’s too fucking late.

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just 3 weeks after scientists urged the government to do this, Keir Starmer has called for a 2-3 week full national lockdown.

No idea why he’s bothering. Much like in March, it’s too fucking late.

The same reason David Cameron used to call for things well after the fact but before Brown said it. To look more competent than the government.