6 minutes ago, Toast said:

:banghead:

October is not September

Congratulation Toast you have passed the test! 

The rest of you failed.

3 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

The rest of you failed.

Bold call. Try reading the room from time to time.

You tried to explain away a report from September with, erm, October calendars with pretty colours. Now, quietly admit to yourself you’re a fucking moron, and put your shovel away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Congratulation Toast you have passed the test! 

The rest of you failed.

You seriously just tried to weasel your way out of your error with this? For shame.

We all make mistakes. If you had just said 'oops' when it was pointed out in the first place , I'd have thought better of you and not agreed you're acting like a moron with a shovel.

Grow up.

And yes that is condescending, it's meant to be.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Bold call. Try reading the room from time to time.

You tried to explain away a report from September with, erm, October calendars with pretty colours. Now, quietly admit to yourself you’re a fucking moron, and put your shovel away.

Force of habit, as pretty colours is my goto when explaining things to you ;)

6 minutes ago, En Passant said:

You seriously just tried to weasel your way out of your error with this? For shame.

We all make mistakes. If you had just said 'oops' when it was pointed out in the first place , I'd have thought better of you and not agreed you're acting like a moron with a shovel.

Grow up.

And yes that is condescending, it's meant to be.

Maybe, maybe not. I can act however I wanna act, you'd get more humility from me if the forum didn't gang up on me since day 1. I exported the wrong link, sure, but most these fuckers act like they're so far above it all so I'll shit on them from such a height if I get even the slightest opportunity.

• Like 1

christ-on-a-bike.jpg.3ce2e142a8ce241d54e83639382dd9fa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Oh my fucking god... 

Let me explain:

------------------------------------

S  |  M  |  T  |  W |  T  |  F  |  S

11| 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
18| 19 | 20 | 21| 22 | 23 | 24
25| 26 | YOU ARE HERE | ...

The RED one was 60% higher than the BLUE one. That is all there is to know. A week has not passed since the 25th, making it the latest weekly report to date.

digging_a_hole-300x235.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

The last things we want to see on this site are Bernard Cribbins and Hole in the Ground

• Like 4

I have been following all the rules since march. But you do need to wonder how much longer this can go on? Is covid like the cold as it's a seasonal illness maybe?

I do worry about those on their own who are potentially spending Christmas alone and what the rate of suicide will be. How many are dying with covid rather than of covid? What about people's businesses and livelihoods? 

I also look at those in huge positions of power not letting a good crisis go to waste. This Klaus Schwab character worries me the most. Alot of the stuff that's happening recently, now seems to be shaped around a so called '4th industrial revolution' . 

28 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I do worry about those on their own who are potentially spending Christmas alone and what the rate of suicide will be.

Christmas is just a day!  The trouble comes with too much importance being attached to it.  It's blown out of all proportion.

Example:  It's October now,  with November coming up.  Leaves are falling off the trees in shedloads.  People need brooms, rakes, leaf-grabbers, and there's lots of other jobs to be done in the garden at this time.  Yet the shops have cleared out all the garden stuff and filled the aisles with Christmas crap.  Instead of the things we need NOW.

I actually wondered if the "being alone at Christmas" might have an opposite effect this time. I mean, not being able to visit anyone is not as bad as not having anybody to visit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I actually wondered if the "being alone at Christmas" might have an opposite effect this time. I mean, not being able to visit anyone is not as bad as not having anybody to visit.

I have never got the whole 'shouldn't be alone at christmas' schtik.

I have spent the last 40 on my own at that time and it has never bothered me one bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I have never got the whole 'shouldn't be alone at christmas' schtik.

I have spent the last 40 on my own at that time and it has never bothered me one bit.

I too used to spend Christmas Day on my own. I'd go out for a drink at lunchtime, come home, eat dinner, drink a bottle of wine, stuff myself with chocolates and watch TV until bedtime. Just like any other day to me (well, apart from the chocolate).

That changed when I got invited to friends one Christmas day; it was enjoyable, it was a big occasion with all the waifs and strays and friends and neighbours dropping by. I couldn't help wondering where the invitations for the other 51 weeks of the year went though.

Whatever happens with Boris Johnson's annoucement at 5pm, I still have to go to work next week and may have to cancel a month worth of appointments. That is if they allow testing of things to still happen in hospitals. I will need to see what my manager says.

I, too, will be working as normal. I'll be classed as a manufacturing key worker even if I'm not getting orders for medical parts.

I'm due a trip to the barbers though so this timing is a pain in the arris :angry:

I'll be working as normal, well, as near to normal as possible.  Was sort of hoping to go down to 3-4 day working week but I don't think that'll happen. 

Johnson was due on at 4pm, then 5, and now he’s delayed it again. Maybe the cunt needs to sober up.

It’s okay though, Prime Minister Robert Peston has the announcement pretty much in full in this Twitter thread:

"I would doubt it would happen until 6pm now"

Get on with it!

There is a big issue, people are more concerned about Christmas than dying and for that matter Halloween. People need to face the facts and take responsibility rules need to followed everyone matters.

Edited by Paul Bearer
Threads merged.
  • Like 1

I’ve been working at home since March, and won’t be going back to the office any time soon.  I’ve been in about three times for no more than half an hour since March to pick up essential stuff.  I can totally see my job becoming permanently home based.  I don’t really like going out of the house any more. 

17 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

There is a big issue, people are more concerned about Christmas than dying and for that matter Halloween. People need to face the facts and take responsibility rules need to followed everyone matters.

Quite right, there's a big gathering right now around the centre of my village, where there is a big display of illuminated Halloween tat.  I am keeping well away from the hordes of virus-spreading kids.  It all started going wrong when they opened up the schools again. 

Reckon delay from Boris Johnson is due to Rishi Sunak resigning.I am at uni at the moment will isolate for a long time then go home towards the end of the month early December.I am still bank staff at a local care home I worked until last month full time.Feel a responsibility to go back when I can as they are short staffed and see the residents as family.Think about them every day.Going home to my parents means living with my Dad who is high risk which isnt ideal but as he said "Who`s going to look after these people" and "many don't have anyone to visit even if it is allowed".Felt guilty leaving when I did given the situation but as most of my lectures are online I could go back and help out.Also with Dad, he has serious heart problems so dont want to be estranged from him at Christmas.I have no idea if it is his last or my mother's last for that matter as she is not in good health either .If this is their last Christmas I will never get that time back.Also mentally I am better being busy than sitting in a room.If we are in a month long lockdown will adhere to it for 3 weeks as will my parents then try and come back and then adhere to it at home just going to work and essential shops.Also can get testing from my Uni before I go home which should help.

People have said the idea of not staying at my University is selfish.But I dont want to miss what could be my parents last Christmas especially when I am at present and continue to only go to supermarkets or other essential businesses sporadically and if I am going back to my old life will be incredibly careful (more so than my own parents) before I go home for 3-4 weeks much more than the standard isolation period.