On 10/12/2020 at 17:09, Grim Up North said:

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

Belgian police break up 52 person orgy in a house next door to a covid clinic.

Third Wave? 

This may be a silly question but why have they not just gone the whole way and cancelled christmas if this latest threat is as bad as they are saying?

19 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Third Wave? 

This may be a silly question but why have they not just gone the whole way and cancelled christmas if this latest threat is as bad as they are saying?

If it is a silly question, there's a lot of people asking it, including me.

Politics presumably, having said some rules would be relaxed, they don't want to walk it back. Brazening it out and accepting the consequences that they can then blame on the public for being 'stupid', is less politically damaging than another U-turn. At least that's my guess.

In my view it's similar to practically every tier or national restriction where amongst other rules they're trying to actually say 'you're not allowed to get pissed with other plebs because you'll act like idiots and because you're drunk social distancing will be the last thing on your mind'.

But they don't have the balls to say it straight so they dress it up with (in no particular order) shorter opening hours, or an hour of drinking up time after an early closure, here they even had a brief period of can't buy alcohol post 9pm from a supermarket and so on. Then move on to that ludicrous 'must have a substantial meal' leading to the scotch egg fiasco.

Everyone knows a pub full of drunks are never going to observe distancing, but politically they dare not say it outright.

4 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Everyone knows a pub full of drunks are never going to observe distancing, but politically they dare not say it outright.

Well it's about time they bloody well did otherwise this thing is never going to end.

Stand up and be heard Boris, you will get my vote if you do.

And the roller-coaster continues even as we typed furiously in here, there's now a tier 4 (for London unsurprisingly since they didn't want to put it in tier 3 despite parts having a higher incidence than many areas that were in 3...) and apparently they are walking back at least some of the relaxation....

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

And the roller-coaster continues even as we typed furiously in here, there's now a tier 4 (for London unsurprisingly since they didn't want to put it in tier 3 despite parts having a higher incidence than many areas that were in 3...) and apparently they are walking back at least some of the relaxation....

All of them, pretty much here. The previous 5 days limited to Christmas Day alone so that's the very few uncancelled things left here now off.

Oh well, more time to work on the DDP team I guess...

I am in agreement with cancelling Christmas, but they should have done it much earlier. 

Look at this though.  West Berkshire in T4 although it's surrounded by T2 areas.  Nobody allowed in or out of T4, that's going to cause all sorts of cheati inconvenience.

1403972751_Screenshott.jpg.bb2ea378fbee61a33c41834005ef029c.jpg

• Like 1

Although I hate everything that she stood for I can't believe that Thatcher would have allowed things to get this bad and at least she would have the balls to cancel christmas.

• Like 2

On 19/12/2020 at 19:24, Toast said:

I am in agreement with cancelling Christmas, but they should have done it much earlier. 

Look at this though.  West Berkshire in T4 although it's surrounded by T2 areas.  Nobody allowed in or out of T4, that's going to cause all sorts of cheati inconvenience.

1403972751_Screenshott.jpg.bb2ea378fbee61a33c41834005ef029c.jpg

Nobody allowed in or out of T4? How will that work exactly? Police road blocks on every road, on Christmas Day? I can just see that ... 

It's not going to happen, any more than Plod can go around banging on doors and asking how many are in the house. 

26 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Nobody allowed in or out of T4? How will that work exactly? Police road blocks on every road, on Christmas Day? I can just see that ...

It's not going to happen, any more than Plod can go around banging on doors and asking how many are in the house. 

Everyone looking down the sides of all the chairs for spare cash so that they won't leave a paper trail by using a card in the wrong town :D

20 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

@maryportfuncity any truth to this? 

image.jpeg

Wuhan said no - thought we'd reduce their standing in the world!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Wuhan said no - thought we'd reduce their standing in the world!

Can't really argue with that. They have the unbeatable argument that they won't soon be knee deep in lorry driver shit :P

My cousin's wife now has covid. She works part time at a school and was just going there until she finished her contract with them in March as she has just moved to Lake District with her husband to open up a B&B. She is worried she may have passed it on to her elderly parents when they visited her less than a week before she tested positive.

So far she is does seem ok from what she says on social media and from what my aunt is telling me.

The First Fish - I hope to fuck that she has caught the virus at that party (wake) and that she passes it on to the rest of the parliment before she dies a horrible death.

No I wont accept your apology, nothing you say from this point on has any meaning.

21 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

The First Fish - I hope to fuck that she has caught the virus at that party (wake) and that she passes it on to the rest of the parliment before she dies a horrible death.

No I wont accept your apology, nothing you say from this point on has any meaning.

Don’t understand who or what you mean The First Fish??

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Don’t understand who or what you mean The First Fish??

I think he referring to Wee Jimmie Krankie

• Haha 1

Another day of dreadful figures here in dear old Blighty - over 1400 dead in two days and now it looks as if 100,000 is a foregone conclusion. Almost 40 thousand new cases too. At the moment Italy is just ahead of us in terms of total deaths but I'm confident we'll have reclaimed that by New Year's Eve. The only small consolation is that we're unlikely to approach the death rates of Belgium and plucky little San Marino. 

We were promised a grim winter and it certainly seems like it's coming to pass. I wonder when the 'vaccine effect' will start to kick in? March maybe? 

Here in the superior non-manky** Tier 1, I’ve no idea what all the fuss is about.

(**if COVID gets into sheep, that's us gone)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

(**if COVID gets into gulls, that's us gone)

IMG_20201223_215026.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Another day of dreadful figures here in dear old Blighty - over 1400 dead in two days and now it looks as if 100,000 is a foregone conclusion. Almost 40 thousand new cases too. At the moment Italy is just ahead of us in terms of total deaths but I'm confident we'll have reclaimed that by New Year's Eve. The only small consolation is that we're unlikely to approach the death rates of Belgium and plucky little San Marino. 

We were promised a grim winter and it certainly seems like it's coming to pass. I wonder when the 'vaccine effect' will start to kick in? March maybe? 

I am due to be vaccinated in March/April.

They need to hurry the fuck up.

I don't want that fucking thing again!