6 minutes ago, msc said:

The same reason David Cameron used to call for things well after the fact but before Brown said it. To look more competent than the government.

True. By virtue of this, then, Keir has the easiest job in the world.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

True. By virtue of this, then, Keir has the easiest job in the world.

You'd think that but then Jeremy Corbyn...

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just 3 weeks after scientists urged the government to do this, Keir Starmer has called for a 2-3 week full national lockdown.

No idea why he’s bothering. Much like in March, it’s too fucking late.

These fuckers always shout the loudest and make perfect sense when they're not in power.   

Fucking hypocrites, every one of them.

After seeing the coverage of the closing of pubs and bars in Liverpool last night I doubt that any measures are going to have a great effect when people of that mentality are acting as they do. 

• Like 1

The second wave of the Spanish Flu was worse than the first one. Maybe for psychological reasons? People could accept the singularity of the pandemic in March/April. People were willing to make temporary sacrifices and the virus was beaten back. But now, we are not willing, and not prepared, and maybe not even able, to do it again. People want a return to normal. They might have become numb to the danger, e.g. "we can live with it". And the economy just survived the first lockdown, but a second one makes the whole construct collapse. Germany has had these economic buffers for such an event. But all the aid programs are running out. The whole leisure economy is going to collapse in the winter. Many small businesses are going to close. The politicians are unwilling the go into debt again - they might not even be able to! A new wave of hundreds of billions of euros or dollars of new debt might lead to too much inflation.

6 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

After seeing the coverage of the closing of pubs and bars in Liverpool last night I doubt that any measures are going to have a great effect when people of that mentality are acting as they do. 

After seeing that I think we should just drop all the rules so the stupid die out and the smart survive, Darwin style. Make work travel optional if you can work from home and let people make up their own minds.

I've just been in town and was taken aback (literally) by the behaviour of several shop workers who just wouldn't give me space. One of them,  in a massively spacious shop with no other customers anywhere near us,  came right up face-to-face within a foot of me.  I backed away, she kept advancing on me, I kept backing away until I nearly knocked over a display stand behind me.

"Careful!" she said.

"I'm TRYING to keep my distance," I said.

She huffed and said, "Well, I'm wearing a double layer mask".

It happened in several shops.  You back away, and they keep coming at you.  I despair.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the people who break the rules are not the ones who generally suffer it is the people who are shielding and those who are exposed to these potential super spreaders.

A few weeks ago there were less than 5 Covid19 inpatients between the two main A&E hospitals in the hospital trust I work for. Today's email update says there was about 40.

Sex is banned indoors for couples who live apart in Tier 2 areas, confirms No.10.

Mandatory dogging it is, then.

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Sex is banned indoors for couples who live apart in Tier 2 areas, confirms No.10.

Mandatory dogging it is, then.

Bit of an overkill response to criticism of Gooseberry's pregnant nobodies thread!

• Haha 5

Re the COVID situation in Italy:

This map shows the rise and fall of COVID cases in the UK. Most places are actually in decline, Liverpool/Manchester area on the otherhand have increased 200% in a week. 

6 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

This map shows the rise and fall of COVID cases in the UK. Most places are actually in decline, Liverpool/Manchester area on the otherhand have increased 200% in a week. 

If you click the 'on the rise' tab all of Liverpool has declined in the last week.

As I have said before people who don't follow the isolation rules are potential propagators of the virus, the statistics show that almost 90% of people ignored the isolation orders. We can't blame the government for those who have been recklessly and selfishly spreading the virus through the community. We have to take some global responsibility and think about our actions.

3 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Looks like the rona has risen by 60% since last week, yikes...

The report you've linked is dated 25 September.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

The report you've linked is dated 25 September.

And? I said that the week just gone had a 60% increase from than the one before. 25th of September reports on that exact same week.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

And? I said that the week just gone had a 60% increase from than the one before. 25th of September reports on that exact same week.

jesus-facepalm.jpg.cdccbbf3446ada54c2ff3a18ca3af5c4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Huh? The clocks just went back right? Not the calendar by a month?

Kenny mate it's the 27th October today isn't it? How is the 25th of September either last week, or, if counting figures from last week as this week (since this actual week is only 2 days old and can't have complete figures yet), the one before that?

Note 1. I'm confused.

Note 2. For the avoidance of all doubt I'm just asking not being condescending and don't want a sarcasm war about it please.

• Like 1

Oh my fucking god... 

Let me explain:

------------------------------------

S  |  M  |  T  |  W |  T  |  F  |  S

11| 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
18| 19 | 20 | 21| 22 | 23 | 24
25| 26 | YOU ARE HERE | ...

The RED one was 60% higher than the BLUE one. That is all there is to know. A week has not passed since the 25th, making it the latest weekly report to date.

• Like 1

Okay everyone, just accept it: 25th September falls on the same week as 27th October. Facts, people.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Oh my fucking god... 

Let me explain:

The RED one was 60% higher than the BLUE one. That is all there is to know. A week has not passed since the 25th, making it the latest weekly report to date.

:banghead:

October is not September

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Okay everyone, just accept it: 25th September falls on the same week as 27th October. Facts, people.

Well then, let me explain further:

4  |  5  |   6  |  7  |   8  |  9  |  10

On the 25th, you think they were referring the previous week and comparing with the week previous to that? Not the week just gone?

(I've done it in colour coding just for you ;) )

• Like 1