TQR

The Next Tory Leader

Who’ll Be The Next Tory Leader?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Badenoch team sounds very confident. I doubt Tory members really know that much about her and her hardline culture war stuff could well do well even if you Gov show Mordaunt beating her at present. 

She is one to watch I think.Doubt she will make the final two but can see her picking up momentum.

11 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

How many more rounds of this garbage do we have to endure? In a G/E  we don't get a chance to change our mind the next day, unlike these  cunt's !!!!!

We could do, if they gave us a Single Transferable Vote, which could transform the make-up of the UK Parliament.

• Like 2

One MP didn't vote.Wonder who?

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

One MP didn't vote.Wonder who?

I saw a Tweet suggesting it was the party chairman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

I listened earlier to a clip from her launch event this morning. In 2 minutes, she sounded more Prime Ministerial than any of those in the Cabinet. Which probably explains why she isn't in it.

I doubt I agree with a huge amount of what she's offering, and I certainly am not in favour of a Brexiteer, but if Brexit is the accepted political reality for the moment, as it seems to be, then, surprising though it may be, I love my country and want it to be successful. If Mordaunt can deliver her promised Brexit dividend, without slashing worker's rights, removing consumer safeguards, bankrupting farmers and blowing up Northern Ireland, then that should be celebrated, and perhaps show that Brexit can be the supposed success they claimed it would be. Or, she can't make it work either and we can perhaps start to have a serious discussion of why we want to cut off our nose to spite our face. And above all else, I just want someone competent and serious, which discounts nearly all the other contenders.

And honest.  But I suppose that's too much to ask with this lot. 

PM has been caught out making false statements before, whether through dishonesty or incompetence I don't know.

Oh yeah - and as for serious, she made a speech in Parliament about chicken welfare, solely as a dare to see how many times she could say the words "cock".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

PM has been caught out making false statements before, whether through dishonesty or incompetence I don't know.

Plus she has u turned more than once.

34 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh yeah - and as for serious, she made a speech in Parliament about chicken welfare, solely as a dare to see how many times she could say the words "cock".

Yes, I remember the innuendo story. I'm not saying she'll be great, in terms of the next GE I'm obviously hoping she's shit, but given the choice between the lightweights in Cabinet (Truss, Sunak) and the batshit crazies on the right (Braverman, Badenoch), then it's Mordaunt or Tugendhat left - best of a bad bunch.

• Like 1

I note that Mordaunt is gaining on Sunak. Can’t help but thinking the votes for eliminated candidates will largely go to Tugendhat (aside from Braverman, they’ll mostly go to other far-right lunatic Badenoch). Truss will likely fizzle out and I should imagine very few, if any, of her supporters will go Sunak’s way. It’s conceivable* it could end up between Penny Dreadful and Tom Tugend.

*but unlikely now I’ve predicted it.

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

I note that Mordaunt is gaining on Sunak. Can’t help but thinking the votes for eliminated candidates will largely go to Tugendhat (aside from Braverman, they’ll mostly go to other far-right lunatic Badenoch). Truss will likely fizzle out and I should imagine very few, if any, of her supporters will go Sunak’s way. It’s conceivable* it could end up between Penny Dreadful and Tom Tugend.

I think some of Hunt’s supporters will go Mordaunt. She backed him in 2019 so he might well return the favour. The pundits think Badenoch is going to get a lot of Zahawi’s support. But then she might endorse Sunak if it’s between him and Mordaunt.

It would take a Braverman than me to predict it.  Boris was Badenough, but some of these are Mordaunting.  Will the Rich Snake get Trussed up while Tom tugs his end into his hat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Toast said:

It would take a Braverman than me to predict it.  Boris was Badenough, but some of these are Mordaunting.  Will the Rich Snake get Trussed up while Tom tugs his end into his hat?

You should consider making a living from poetry!!

35 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

You should consider making a living from poetry!!

Pam Ayres got there before me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

My read is that Braverman and Badenoch are easily the most right wing of the lot, so anybody voting for either of them will coalesce. Zahawi seems pretty right wing too in many of his policy areas, so Crem's suggestion that some of his votes will go the way of Braverman/Badenoch makes sense. Liz Truss is portraying herself as the only right winger with a chance of winning, so it will depend whether the right believes that and throws their lot in with her before the final reckoning (according to today's 'i' that's what Mordaunt's supporters are worried about - losing out to Truss in the final vote off). Hunt's supporters will be from the more liberal end of the party: they could lend some support to Mordaunt, but may also support Tugendhat as the fellow backbencher. Sunak may pick up support simply by being the frontrunner and people not wanting to miss the boat of supporting him. I think it's going to be two from Sunak, Mordaunt and Truss, but I'm terrified of Badenoch getting on the ballot paper. It could easily come down to whether the right think Truss or Badenoch is the better horse to back.

Jeremy Hunt decides to back Sunak. Taking a gamble with that if he wants to return to the cabinet as Sunak doesn’t look likely to win the membership. 

The Truss Smog Dorris combination is the ultimate Peter Principle group from the last cabinet. Boris has been installing losers for a payout in recent days. Rishi did most for us in the pandemic, funding etc. Fraudsters need to be taken care of and this has to be a short term objective. I will be in contact with my MP , one of the good ones.

I voted Rishi.

Edited by Charlotte's Controller
Autocorrect and omission

Dories attacking Badenoch on Twitter is popcorn.

Any death Lister's Tory's members? Who are you voting for in the final two?

• Like 2

The Daily Mail is really digging in on its attacks on Mordaunt. Will they U turn quite sharply if she becomes PM.

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Daily Mail is really digging in on its attacks on Mordaunt. Will they U turn quite sharply if she becomes PM.

No they are shills

My preferences for Tory leader (not endorsing any but from worst to least worst ) 

Penny Mordaunt

Liz Truss

Tom Tugendhat

Suella Braverman

Rishi Sunak

Kemi badenoch

In the instance that you have a gun to my head.Doubt I will vote next election.

2 hours ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

The Truss Smog Dorris combination is the ultimate Peter Principle group from the last cabinet. Boris has been installing losers for a payout in recent days. Rishi did most for us in the pandemic, funding etc. Fraudsters need to be taken care of and this has to be a short term objective. I will be in contact with my MP , one of the good ones.

I voted Rishi.

What will you be telling your MP?

6 hours ago, Sean said:

My preferences for Tory leader (not endorsing any but from worst to least worst ) 

Penny Mordaunt

Liz Truss

Tom Tugendhat

Suella Braverman

Rishi Sunak

Kemi badenoch

My list is as follows 

Tom Tugendhat 

(Very big gap)

Rishi Sunak

Penny Mordaunt

(Another very big gap)

Kemi Badenoch

Liz Truss

Suella Braverman

9 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Indeed, a glimpse of that parallel universe - the irony is superb, one contender out front, a strong favourite well placed to surge past and Truss sets out to upset the whole thing by calling for unity. 

_125904035_mail-nc.png

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My list is as follows 

Tom Tugendhat 

(Very big gap)

Rishi Sunak

Penny Mordaunt

(Another very big gap)

Kemi Badenoch

Liz Truss

Suella Braverman

Mine is:

- Anarchy

<vast yawning chasm>

- Tom Tugendhat

- Penny Mordaunt

- Stuffed and electrically reanimated Margaret Thatcher

- Boris Johnson’s left bollock with a smiley face drawn on it

- Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak, who the fuck cares anymore?

- Actually dying before I find out

- Kemi Badenoch

- Suella Braverman

• Like 1