Spade_Cooley

Jonnie Irwin

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

He fell at home:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/jonnie-irwin-shares-injury-picture-8666984

Doesnt seem that dramatic but one could read some stuff into it.

From the article:

"Irwin is reportedly undergoing traditional cancer-blocking drugs as well as trialling alternative therapies including infusions of vitamin C, a cocktail of daily vitamins, a strict diet and treatment in an oxygen chamber."

With the vitamin C and cocktail of daily vitamins he's embracing the medically unproven idea that megadoses of vitamin C can fight cancer.  I've yet to see any peer reviewed or meta analysis that shows it is effective in fighting cancer.  The legacy of medical hacks like Irwin Stone  who had the support of Nobel laureate Linus Pauling (the originator of megadoses of vitamin C) does little else but offer false hope and cold comfort.  

The cocktail of vitamins has another issue of the fat versus water soluble vitamins.  He's already weakened by cancer, so if in excess, the fat soluble vitamins could strain his organs, especially his liver and kidneys leading to hypertension, raise his calcium blood levels and risk heart failure.

I will say this, he's making some expensive urine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Grimace said:

From the article:

"Irwin is reportedly undergoing traditional cancer-blocking drugs as well as trialling alternative therapies including infusions of vitamin C, a cocktail of daily vitamins, a strict diet and treatment in an oxygen chamber."

With the vitamin C and cocktail of daily vitamins he's embracing the medically unproven idea that megadoses of vitamin C can fight cancer.  I've yet to see any peer reviewed or meta analysis that shows it is effective in fighting cancer.  The legacy of medical hacks like Irwin Stone  who had the support of Nobel laureate Linus Pauling (the originator of megadoses of vitamin C) does little else but offer false hope and cold comfort.  

The cocktail of vitamins has another issue of the fat versus water soluble vitamins.  He's already weakened by cancer, so if in excess, the fat soluble vitamins could strain his organs, especially his liver and kidneys leading to hypertension, raise his calcium blood levels and risk heart failure.

I will say this, he's making some expensive urine.

Aye, and he's maintaining this lifestyle whilst also feeling the need to scrub up presentably for social media. 

A joker performance if ever I saw one. He might be the Christmas present several respectable DDP performers are looking for!

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 17:59, drol said:

It's adorable he is selling every moment of his last days to tabloids.

No, I'm joking, that's disgusting.

On 10/08/2023 at 19:31, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and he's maintaining this lifestyle whilst also feeling the need to scrub up presentably for social media. 

A joker performance if ever I saw one. He might be the Christmas present several respectable DDP performers are looking for!

And it continues....Jonnie Irwin inundated with support as he beams with joy in update from 'best' few days away

• Like 1

He's waiting for a scan update as the cancer is "on the move" again:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/jonnie-irwin-says-cancer-on-8759297

Recent updates showed a tiny bit of a decline. I guess things could go south very fast if the lungs stop working. Sounds terrible, but then you'll want to end things.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, drol said:

The jaundice can be a sign of something serious explanation seems a little superfluous in this scenario!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, justonecornetto said:

50 today

There goes my joker 2023... 

• Like 1

In continuing the trend of selling all the moments/feels (thanks @drol - this description is perfect) and a true joker performance @maryportfuncity (~50 teams jokered him of 166 for the 2024 DDP), yet another article with a health update with nothing of value.

Jonnie Irwin urged 'keep fighting' as he issues fresh terminal cancer update

Here's the 'I'm not clicking on that link' summary:

- link of an interview he did with a carer who's helped him who also has a book 

- the article itself is just a collection of comments from people who listened to the interview

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Shouldn’t be too close to death then as ppl near the end days of cancer battles are knocked out all the time. 

Stinks of clickbait. Next week’s exciting episode in the Mail: “Linda Nolan visits hero Jonnie in hospital and offers advice”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Discharged .

Drama king of the clickbait.

• Like 1

Dead at 50, like Bryan Barczyk and Stuart Gray.

OK I totally take back my comment about him being the male Linda Nolan.

• Facepalm 1

Well, Lawdy a joker pick for me cops it.

Awful news. Slightly affected by my cider afternoon.

Not unexpected though. 

Huge miss by the committee, should have been in the Top 50, cancer of lung and brain rarely has a good outcome

RIP though, seemed a nice guy from few times saw him on tv

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

RIP.

• Like 1