Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

On 04/01/2023 at 23:29, MrWonderful said:

Just mentioned on the ESPN broadcast of Lakers-Heat, former St. John's men's college basketball coach Lou Carnesecca turns 98 tomorrow.  Mark Jackson brought him up because that was his college coach and he's broadcasting the game.  Jackson brought him up in a happy, upbeat way, so I don't know that he's in imminent danger.  Still, the guy's about to be 98.  

I was hoping Lou Carnesecca would make it to 98 and it actually came true.  I also hope he surpasses Carl Reiner too.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

I was hoping Lou Carnesecca would make it to 98 and it actually came true.  I also hope he surpasses Carl Reiner too.

NOBODY CARES.

Understand that Rain Man.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, arghton said:

Indarjit Singh Baron Singh of Wimbledon looked quite frail at the coronation.

Edit:

He’s looked like that for years tbf.

US TV is as small a world as UK TV! Trying the first episode of Cheers as its on Channel 4s terrible On Demand service. Recognised Diane's one episode only fiancée instantly. To imdb....

He's the guy who kills his wife in Columbo classic A Friend in Deed,  with Richard Kiley as the corrupt police chief! He was also in seemingly everything from The West Wing to Manimal. Manimal!

Michael McGuire - apparently he's been in nearly everything and is still alive aged 89. Hasn't been mentioned on this forum before, a Labour MP with the same name was, but he's living, and should get a UK obit with that CV.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He’s looked like that for years tbf.

I didn’t realise he is 90. I thought he was at least decade younger. I

3 hours ago, msc said:

US TV is as small a world as UK TV! Trying the first episode of Cheers as its on Channel 4s terrible On Demand service. Recognised Diane's one episode only fiancée instantly. To imdb....

He's the guy who kills his wife in Columbo classic A Friend in Deed,  with Richard Kiley as the corrupt police chief! He was also in seemingly everything from The West Wing to Manimal. Manimal!

Michael McGuire - apparently he's been in nearly everything and is still alive aged 89. Hasn't been mentioned on this forum before, a Labour MP with the same name was, but he's living, and should get a UK obit with that CV.

He will always be Sherwin Bash in The Karen Carpenter Story to me. I didn't realise he had also done a M*A*S*H episode.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 10:18, Bibliogryphon said:

Last night I watched the Jimmy Saville documentary on Netflix.

Roger Ordish (b.1939) was the Jim'll Fix It producer who appeared as a talking head in the Documentary

He looked quite old, doesn't have a wiki page but surely would garner BBC obits

Roger Ordish showed up on TV this week talking Eurovison, 84 shortly and looking ancient. Apparently he once managed to convince executives he was the Albanian entry for Eurovision (in the 1960s when Albania wasn't in Eurovison) by putting on a wig and speaking in Russian. 

As the producer of Fry and Laurie, Parkinson and the Paul Daniels show, he'd already get a QO but "Jimmy Savile's producer" makes him an 1000% cert lock QO.

• Like 1

Shock of my life that Lennon's US immigration lawyer turned up on the telly, alive.

Leon Wildes is 90 - showing his age, if still full of faculties.

I couldn't find an appropriate topic for this one, so posting it here.  One of the UK's answers to Shirley Temple, Hazel Ascot turns 95 today (assuming she hasn't died off radar) Made the 1st of her 2 films back in 1937.  

Hazel Ascot23.jpg

hazel ascot3.jpg

hazel ascot dvd 1.jpg

• Like 3

Michael Burke has been the long stranding presenter of the Hattons sovereign coin adverts including recent ones but I’ve just seen the new one and Nicholas Owen has replaced him. Maybe something to watch in case it was a health related replacement. 

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Dolph Lundgren reveals he is battling cancer for 8 years now. 

Underselling Stage IV lung cancer ever so slightly! 

Under control with medication, but yeah.

He doesn't look bad at all. If true though, not one for long. Though it does seem to me that cancer treatment made quite some progress which we now get to see through the pre/post-Corona contrast.

I don't want any one of these to leave us ..if immortality was a thing ? There'd be a new forum especially for that! Who will live forever ..lol still, here is a British list for now 

Brian Murphy  comedy actor , 91 in 2024

David Jason UK Comedy actor  (only fools and horses)  84  in 2024 

Mike Yarwood was always on UK screens in the Seventies as an impressionist/impersonator , comedy legend , 82 in 2024 

Richard O Sullivan..70's comedy actor,( man about the house ) 80 in 2024 

Wendy Craig comedy gold actress was in Butterflies,  mother makes three.. etc , in the seventies 

89 in 2024 

Glynis Johns wonderful female British actor  many films including the mother in the original Mary Poppins

100 in 2024 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corrienne Wynne said:

I don't want any one of these to leave us ..if immortality was a thing ? There'd be a new forum especially for that! Who will live forever ..lol still, here is a British list for now 

Mike Yarwood was always on UK screens in the Seventies as an impressionist/impersonator , comedy legend , 82 in 2024 

Wendy Craig comedy gold actress was in Butterflies,  mother makes three.. etc , in the seventies 

89 in 2024 

Glynis Johns wonderful female British actor  many films including the mother in the original Mary Poppins

100 in 2024 

Mike Yarwood is a good shout. Has been living in Brinsworth House for a couple of years at least now and looked very frail in a relatively recent appearance.

On 10/05/2023 at 09:27, MarkF said:

I couldn't find an appropriate topic for this one, so posting it here.  One of the UK's answers to Shirley Temple, Hazel Ascot turns 95 today (assuming she hasn't died off radar) Made the 1st of her 2 films back in 1937.  

hazel ascot dvd 1.jpg

Famously (and to her chagrin) much-loved by Britain's nonce community.

In 2024,  I see all the main actors of the 1964 Mary Poppins movie gone :

- Julie Andrews will be 89 years old, maybe she will reach 2025, but in this case, it will be her final year.

- Dick Van Dyke will be 99 years old, i don’t see him living much longer than this year or 2024.

- Glynis Johns will be 101 years old, she will not go further than these year or the next one. The same as Dick Van Dyke.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Why Julie Andrews? Aside from being 87 I don`t think she has any known health problems/additional risk factors.

• Like 5

On 11/05/2023 at 07:22, Corrienne Wynne said:

89 in 2024 

100 in 2024 

Brian Murphy is 92 next year and Mike Yarwood is 83 next year.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Why Julie Andrews? Aside from being 87 I don`t think she has any known health problems/additional risk factors.

Yes she is looking good but she is aging and I don’t think she has so many years ahead. A year pass quickly but can be slowly felt by older people. 

15 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

Yes she is looking good but she is aging and I don’t think she has so many years ahead. A year pass quickly but can be slowly felt by older people. 

Tue but there are a lot of a listers that are either much older or known to be much frailer than her.

• Like 4