Joey Russ

Thoughts on 2023 Deathlist

I am more interested to see if we start getting a clear out soon of drol's so called immortals who just seem to be hanging on forever no matter what health condition or life throws at them. 

• Like 2

This time last year for DL 2022 there were only 4 hits so DL 2023 is advanced by 5 with still so much more potential to come for the remaining part of the year I genuinely feel. 

• Like 3

On 31/12/2022 at 22:21, Insane said:

You got a deal my friend and if this gets over 14 I’ll do a charity of ur choice 

Im starting to regret this 

• Like 2

Updated graph for Michael Parkinson

image.thumb.png.7b4e6c2ffac51b5a78f7c4c3af2c7dcf.png

Parkinson was another good call by the committee that wasn't on the Drop 40 or the Crowdsourced lists. This really places this hit in the bonus category and we still could have a good number of hits before the year end

This year is the fourth earliest to reach 10 hits and if there is a hit before 20th September will move into third place - it is still running ahead of 2017 which was the second best result for the main list

• Like 5

@Bibliogryphon @Gooseberry Crumble old chaps, you know what I'm going to say yet again. As usual.

Never 11 hits without the 12th. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, msc said:

@Bibliogryphon @Gooseberry Crumble old chaps, you know what I'm going to say yet again. As usual.

Never 11 hits without the 12th. 

Indeed that does appear to be an eternal  truth  on the Official DeathList!

But I think this year we can expect the Official total to way surpass 12 ....the bowels are ready and steeling themselves for a very busy  and active September to December as the powerful magic of the enema parades its power......

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed that does appear to be an eternal  truth  on the Official DeathList!

But I think this year we can expect the Official total to way surpass 12 ....the bowels are ready and steeling themselves for a very busy  and active September to December as the powerful magic of the enema parades its power......

1. Nigel Starmer-Smith - bedridden since at least Nov 2021, end stage dementia which came in relatively quickly as still working in 2015, looking half dead in video footage earlier this year.

2. Jimmy Carter - palliative care

3. Jacques Delors - been in frail health for years now.

4. Norman Tebbit - allegedly frail, visibly quiet (unusual for Tebbit)

5. Joanne Woodward - end stage dementia for bloody ever

6. Marianne Faithful - COPD plus fucked lungs from covid, nursing home, also quite quiet of late (again, unusual, even in her frail condition)

7. Bob Newhart - frail and his wife just died

8. Willie Nelson - frail, nearly died last year, still buggering on till the end.

9. Dennis Skinner - very quiet (and this is Dennis bloody Skinner we're talking about), known to be frail/ill for 4 years.

10. Sonny Rollins - No idea how he is still alive

11. Linda Nolan - somewhere in the final stages of Stage IV cancer, spread to the brain

12. Shane MacGowan - in hospital for 2 months at least, ICU, probably not long left.

Hmm, maybe?

I'm aware this has just cursed someone super healthy for their age like Robert Duval or Hal Linden like always...

• Like 5

image.thumb.png.c3a51aa8f5edbea40bda30310da6aeee.png

Updated for Bob Barker. If there are two more hits in the next fortnight we could have the earliest ever 13th Hit

In 2003 the list was going great guns and then ran out of steam in early September. However with the talent left on the current list we could be rivalling 2020

• Like 5

Never 11 without the 12th hit holds true another year. 

• Like 1

Don't think the list will break the record, but it will probably beat 2017 to take second place in the overall deathlist standings. 

• Like 2

I believe that the 2023 list will end up as one of the most successful of all time, potentially surpassing 2020 and even reaching 23 hits. There is a lot of low hanging fruit this year, and having the unlikely candidates pass makes it all the more likely.

Mohamed Al-Fayed was for me one of the more unlikely candidates on the list - I genuinely believed that he would not pass until sometime around 2028. He also wasn’t on my shadow list this year and I would have recommended dropping from next year’s official list had he survived this year - similar to Loretta Lynn from last year.

Al Fayed's death shouldn't have come as a surprise.  He was 94 and known to have been seriously ill for some time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Al Fayed's death shouldn't have come as a surprise.  He was 94 and known to have been seriously ill for some time. 

Yes I recall  Lady Colin Campbell mentioning his frail health on her YouTube channel when she was refuting bizarre conspiracy theories that Al Fayed was bankroll Harry and Meghan- some even saying he paid them to do the Oprah Winfrey interview  in a bid to destroy the monarchy!

She emphasised that his health was so poor that such a machevillian  feat was beyond impossible. 

• Like 3

On 15/08/2021 at 00:53, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9894085/TALK-TOWN-Mohamed-Al-Fayeds-son-Omar-seeks-truce.html

Mohammed Al Fayed reportedly in poor health and estranged family members,as a result now seeking a truce or to work out their issues.

On 15/08/2021 at 00:56, msc said:

DL worthy name imo.

On 15/08/2021 at 00:58, Gooseberry Crumble said:

100% and surely if he makes it to next year a name that will gain significantly more attention from deadpoolers with this new  development.

On 15/08/2021 at 01:15, msc said:

Only on 5 teams this year so will need more "dying Harrods tycoon" type stories with more info to threaten Drop 40.

Look at these smart bastards in 2021, @Gooseberry Crumble - yeah, there were "he's no well" reports for a while. 

• Like 3

A solid list, indeed, but what is even more interesting is that the average age of a 2023 DL entry is 90.42 years old. Now, granted, the ages displayed on the main list take into account upcoming birthdays for the ongoing year, but that might be the highest average for a DeathList yet. The lowest age seems to be that of Andy Taylor (currently 62), while the oldest entry is Norman Lear at 101. If we look at the 2020 DL, we can notice that the average age is 89.1 years old because, while the upper half of the list has many old entries, the lower half is more mixed. The youngest name was Tom Smith at 49, with the oldest being Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland at 104. There are also more octogenarians on the 2020 DL. We'll see if the 2024 DeathList continues this trend of raising the overall entry age and taking fewer risks when it comes to younger, usually very sick or terminally ill picks. This is not a critique, though, because it seems to be working very well so far! It might be interesting to compare the current list to the 2020 DL in terms of notoriety, too, although that can be quite subjective.

Wow, this post was utterly useless trivia... but self-awareness is key. :D

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Toast said:

True, but there are a lot of names on this year’s list that had a much higher likelihood of passing on than him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hartnell 1999 said:

True, but there are a lot of names on this year’s list that had a much higher likelihood of passing on than him.

He was in his 90s and very ill.  What more do you need?

Updated for Mohamed Al-Fayed

image.thumb.png.cca8aa8cdf9bcf1aaef586494216fbe1.png

The next important date is 12th September when the 13th (Penultimate) hit in 2003 occurred but is the earliest ever 13th hit

• Like 8

On 01/01/2023 at 06:04, Clorox Bleachman said:

Here are all the names people think should have been on the list. Feel free to recommend more. At the end of the week they get locked in the vault.

1. Emperor Akihito
  2. George Alagiah
  3. Buzz Aldrin
  4. David Attenborough
  5. Thelma Barlow
  6. Silvio Berlusconi
  7. Rob Burrow
  8. Michael Caine
  9. Bernadette Chirac
  10. Sandra Day O'Connor
  11. Clint Eastwood
  12. Frank Field
  13. Roberta Flack
  14. Jane Fonda
  15. Janey Godley
  16. Gene Hackman
  17. Jonnie Irwin
  18. Randy Jackson
  19. Glynis Johns
  20. Ted Kaczynski
  21. Val Kilmer
  22. Don King
  23. June Lockhart
  24. Vladimir Putin
  25. William Roache
  26. Marion Ross
  27. William Russell
  28. Eva Marie Saint
  29. Frankie Valli
  30. Gianluca Vialli
  31. James Whale

And if you have the audacity to give it "why were they not on the list?" when a B-lister dies suddenly in August, then I'll hold you accountable. This post will prove whether bragging rights are yours, or you're a scheming little opportunist. You have been warned. :evil2:

No Gambon. If he wasn't a stupid drop in January then he isn't a miss now.

• Like 1

No hit in september. Didn't happen since 2016. What is the next key date to keep the 2023 list on track 

• Like 2

There are only 7 years on my graph which have achieved a 13th hit. Three of those have passed including the two years where we scored over 14 total hits. The next important date is 30th October when the 2015 list had the 13th hit

• Like 3

Considering we seem to be in a bit of  lull with teams I think we will now not even match 2017. I think we will run out somewhere between 15 or 16 which means there is room for up to four more deaths

Considering many have been leftfield this year I am going for these four

Jimmy Carter

Joss Ackland

Sonny Rollins

Dennis Skinner

Now the universe will prove me wrong

On 12/10/2023 at 20:09, Bibliogryphon said:

Jimmy Carter

Joss Ackland

Sonny Rollins

Dennis Skinner

Can similarly see another 4 hits this year. I would only replace Sonny Rollins, for Jacques Delors as an end of year surprise.

• Like 2