I've just seen Ed Davey in a chef's hat making a cake.

I think the truth is out. He's not really running a campaign, he's having a staycation!

But I do note he's probably the only one talking about what directly impacts on voters. Can't forget coalition though. So he's onto a winner, Tory voters can vote for him, because they got the Tories with him in 2010!

I say enjoy your summer holidays Ed! Then once the election is over, enjoy your summer holidays Ed!

Sunak is now somehow both Mickey Mouse and Goofy.

bafkreigch3u4sox5qg7x7uiwsnvt2pxs4zxyfzj4rdgqjd45fnootob24y.jpg

• Like 1

So, Tory fortunes aren't exactly improving - the two conspicuous die hard papers are't exactly accross the main election news. Meanwhile, is Boris betting on a job with Trump if he still wins? 

727a9490-1f9c-11ef-baa7-25d483663b8e.jpg

b27575a0-1fa2-11ef-a13a-0b8c563da930.jpg

Boo-ed in Bury.

Sunak hands out ice creams to the Tory journos. Bypassing some kids who were present. He promises Harry Cole ice cream, he promises those kids National Service.

• Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

What the actual fuck :lol:

Well that was informative. Met some people, had some drinks, cut some ribbons. Are we even sure any of those clips happened in Welwyn Hatfield? :facepalm:

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

What the actual fuck :lol:

I got the instant message "When you're in a hole, keep digging".

• Haha 1

I mean there's things to have a go at Blair over but those two ain't it. Climate especially given it was legislated under Brown

Message for Thick Lizzy. You're not in the Dumb Fuck States of America. That type of shit doesn't really play anywhere near as well

• Like 2

Well, perhaps Rishi should be considering the even more extreme nonsense his cloud cuckoo land predecessor is allied to...

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I mean there's things to have a go at Blair over but those two ain't it. Climate especially given it was legislated under Brown

Message for Thick Lizzy. You're not in the Dumb Fuck States of America. That type of shit doesn't really play anywhere near as well

Devolution, Human Rights Act, getting rid of (almost all) the hereditary peers in the House of Lords, civil partnerships, national minimum wage, hospital waiting lists down, school standards up, not to mention 10 YEARS OF UNBROKEN GROWTH (which Truss would surely frigg herself silly to achieve). Yeah, bloody awful Prime Minister. I really hope to Christ the stupid bimbo is thrown out on her arse on July 4th.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Tory fortunes aren't exactly improving - the two conspicuous die hard papers are't exactly accross the main election news. Meanwhile, is Boris betting on a job with Trump if he still wins? 

727a9490-1f9c-11ef-baa7-25d483663b8e.jpg

Nice to see the masks dropping now they've nothing to run for. Sod electable policies and high moral standards, BoJo and Truss are happy to join Trump in his race to the bottom. They deserve each other.

16 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That MRP poll which placed the Tories on a deliciously low 66 seats accounted for tactical voting. Working it out without tactical voting, things aren't quite as bad for them:

1672854725_Image01-06-2024at14_39.jpeg.1e455f7b4e4bfe3a86ab022e996f5ace.jpeg

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

That MRP poll which placed the Tories on a deliciously low 66 seats accounted for tactical voting. Working it out without tactical voting, things aren't quite as bad for them:

1672854725_Image01-06-2024at14_39.jpeg.1e455f7b4e4bfe3a86ab022e996f5ace.jpeg

Wonder who the 6 reprieved are..? Also, I like how Labour rise by 17! :lol:

8 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Hopefully Liz Truss, I know it's bad but I'd fucking love it if she won over the weirdo members again and became LotO :lol:

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Hopefully Liz Truss, I know it's bad but I'd fucking love it if she won over the weirdo members again and became LotO :lol:

There's no way the MPs let her on the ballot again surely?! :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

There's no way the MPs let her on the ballot again surely?! :facepalm:

What MPs?

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

What MPs?

Well, believe it or not, even in a party of 66, how many would support Truss? They'd support Cruella or Badenough first surely?

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well, believe it or not, even in a party of 66, how many would support Truss? They'd support Cruella or Badenough first surely?

Would you seriously rule out any level of stupidity at this point from the Conservatives? I'm not sure I would :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

Would you seriously rule out any level of stupidity at this point from the Conservatives? I'm not sure I would :lol:

No...but I don't rule out their naked self ambition more. Truss had her go, now it's another fruit loops turn. 

11 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Seats that the Tories win without Tactical Voting but not with Tactical Voting. 

Chippenham (Nic Puntis - new candidate) 

North Cornwall (Scott Mann)

Cotswolds South (James Gray)

Dorking and Horley (Marisa Heath - new candidate) 

Ely and East Cambridgeshire (Lucy Frazer)

Godalming and Ash (Jeremy Hunt)

Harrogate and Knaresborough (Andrew Jones)

Henley and Thame (Caroline Newton - new candidate)

Lewes (Maria Caulfield)

Newton Abbott (Anne Marie Morris)

Surrey Heath (To be confirmed)

Sutton and Cheam (Tom Drummond - new candidate)

Tunbridge Wells (To be confirmed)

Wokingham (Lucy Demers - new candidate)

Seats that the Tories win with Tactical Voting but not with without it 

Bicester and Woodcock (Rupert Harrison - new candidate)

Chichester (Gillian Keegan)

Essex North West (Kemi Badenoch)

Hampshire North West (Kit Malthouse)

Northamptonshire South (To be confirmed)

Surrey East (Claire Coutinho)

Tewkesbury (Laurence Robertson)

Monmouthshire (David TC Davies) 

Liz Truss would lose Norfolk South West to Labour on both models. Suella Braverman would bold Fareham and Waterloovile and Rishi Sunak would hold Richmond and Northallerton on both models. 

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/blogs/DataTables_VIMay2024.xlsx?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Seats that the Tories win with Tactical Voting but not with without it 

(...)

Monmouthshire (David TC Davies) 

God, having grown up in his constituency I'd really, really love to see the end of David TC "I can't be homophobic because I had a boxing match with a gay man" Davies...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sleepiestpeep said:

God, having grown up in his constituency I'd really, really love to see the end of David TC "I can't be homophobic because I had a boxing match with a gay man" Davies...

He's not talked about so much, but he really is the cunt's cunt. His reaction to some child refugees being brought to safety here was to claim that "British hospitality is being abused".

The reception team I work with are mostly pro Tory voters and my team leader is very right wing Daily Mail reader. She knows I am "woke" and that I roll my eyes at what she says about immigrants, trans rights etc etc. As a manager she is very good at her job, but that's all I can praise her for. She is proud of being "old school". At the hospital I work at we fly the LGBT+ flag every year and she's even triggered by that.

Oh and she doesn't agree with anything transgender and deadnames every *trans person who comes in for treatment (we can see their legal name on our system). I book a trans woman in for a blood test for example and she goes "why you putting them as a woman, they are a man." Yesterday she was having a "discussion" at reception with a Gynaecology nurse about why we (NHS) offers IVF to same sex couples.

Doesn't think ADHD is a thing and it wasn't like that in "our day" (when I mentioned my friend has ADHD), bisexual people need to make their mind up (i'm bisexual but you can understand why I don't talk to her about it). I could write a whole book about her opinions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
  • Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The reception team I work with are mostly pro Tory voters and my team leader is very right wing Daily Mail reader. She knows I am "woke" and that I roll my eyes at what she says about immigrants, trans rights etc etc. As a manager she is very good at her job, but that's all I can praise her for. She is proud of being "old school". At the hospital I work at we fly the LGBT+ flag every year and she's even triggered by that.

I got this far and thought "doesn't Fiona work in the NHS?" Do they not recognise that the reason they're rushed off their feet and everything is going to shit is because of who's in government? Turkeys voting for Christmas  yet again.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1