14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Say what you like about Nigel Farage (I'm not a fan btw), he has poked the bear here (by which I mean the soft squishy holiday-making cockwomble who wanted our pensioners dead):

8uu8co.jpg

• Like 5

Caption: 

Ross: I learnt everything I needed to know about stabbing another Tory in the front from you, Sunak.

Sunak: Any tips for the 3.45 at Musselburgh?

GQ106BqWIAALc-z?format=png&name=small

• Haha 2

Why did you have to resign from the cabinet Liam ?  Of all people should probably sit this one out

• Like 1

Labour poll lead, election periods 1997 vs 2024. The gradual but distinct narrowing realised in Blair v Major times is nowhere to be found this time round with 10 days to go.

1133635729_Image4.jpeg.46b58ee186a5fe9eee6a45ed6df39c9c.jpeg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, TQR said:

Labour poll lead, election periods 1997 vs 2024. The gradual but distinct narrowing realised in Blair v Major times is nowhere to be found this time round with 10 days to go.

1133635729_Image4.jpeg.46b58ee186a5fe9eee6a45ed6df39c9c.jpeg

Polls has an average 30 point Labour lead when Major called the election, down to sixteen with ten days to go and finally a thirteen point deficit on election day.

Sunak was on average 22 points behind Labour when he called the election and with ten days to go he's in average 22 points behind.

Believe it or not ten days out in 1997 the Guardian had a poll of it being a five point difference and splashed big on how the landslide theory was a complete myth! The Guardian, declaring the sky is falling all my life!

I'm proud of myself. I managed to get put on pre-mod by The Guardian by coming home pissed as a rat on Thursday (No, I'm not Oliver Reed, George Best or Charles Kennedy, it's one night a week after pool, and only sometimes :P) and continually complaining in some random "Comment is Free" section (where they had actually opened the comments for once), that it was in actuality anything but 'free' and that any comment even mildly critical of their reporting or implying they had an agenda was immediately censored.

They publish loads of clickbait and agenda driven garbage and will brook absolutely zero criticism of it.

I'm off to search a better way of jumping the FT's paywall. Or just use the bbc (with all it's faults) or The Canary or something, more research required.

Probably should post this in some other thread but cba to decide where. Forgive me.

14 minutes ago, msc said:

Polls has an average 30 point Labour lead when Major called the election, down to sixteen with ten days to go and finally a thirteen point deficit on election day.

Sunak was on average 22 points behind Labour when he called the election and with ten days to go he's in average 22 points behind.

Believe it or not ten days out in 1997 the Guardian had a poll of it being a five point difference and splashed big on how the landslide theory was a complete myth! The Guardian, declaring the sky is falling all my life!

Also the Tory vote didn’t change in the polls - it was just Labour dropped down from as high as 58% in one poll nit without the Tories gaining much of it.

On 21/06/2024 at 22:16, Sly Ronnie said:

That vital swing vote!

They must think she is. 

18 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

At least someone in the Tories is prepared to call out Reform. Pity Rishi doesn't have the balls 

As if Burns tweeted that for any reason other than Reform taking half his votes away leading to an expected Labour win in Bournemouth West. I moved out of the constituency a couple of years ago but I will take great pleasure in seeing him lose his seat.

• Like 2

Rebecca Brooks has refused to rule out the Sun endorsing Labour. 

1896425300_AstleyPrime.thumb.jpg.a9633085f08ebb3a9c8693c443b42127.jpg

A Redfield & Wilton poll on leadership characteristics, Starmer v Sunak. Starmer's lead on 18/18 of these has been growing steadily during the election campaign.

682147397_Image5.jpeg.0919ba5b18b82ae15213a478df7fe4c0.jpeg

2 hours ago, TQR said:

A Redfield & Wilton poll on leadership characteristics, Starmer v Sunak. Starmer's lead on 18/18 of these has been growing steadily during the election campaign.

682147397_Image5.jpeg.0919ba5b18b82ae15213a478df7fe4c0.jpeg

Mind, it's confirmation bias gone mad where the last one's concerned (physical health anyway). I know a thing or two about athletics, Rishi would smash Starmer over one lap of a track, no question! 

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Mind, it's confirmation bias gone mad where the last one's concerned (physical health anyway). I know a thing or two about athletics, Rishi would smash Starmer over one lap of a track, no question! 

It's physical AND mental health. Sunak's snappiness, ridiculous decision making and inability to empathise suggest poor mental health. And besides, Starmer is a keen footballist. It's only really age where Sunak has the upper hand.

How dare Sunak withdraw support for Saunders and Williams over Gamblegate?

Innocent until proven guilty. Prejudice to the ongoing investigations. Stabbing Tories in the front.

If it hadn't been for the war in Ukraine and the global pandemic, these Tory candidates would not have had to resort to a "flutter" down William Hill.

Of course, I'm being sarcastic.

Truth is you only have to look at how Sunak is running his campaign and the flip flopping over this issue to see this is how he has been running the country and why it is in the mess it is.

His attack line on flippity floppity Starmer just went down the toilet.

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Good fucking job Gillian

They're all obfuscating. Tax is going up.

All I care about is exactly where.

For fuck, and I can't stress this enough, sake.

Channel 4 have signed up Nadine Dorries to join them for their election night coverage.

Oh well. Laughing at a sobbing Laura Cremsberg on the BBC it is, then.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Laura Cremsberg

:lol:

I thought we were all coming here to shout at each other instead? On the basis that would be far more interesting.

Dorries? Jesus...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, En Passant said:

:lol:

I thought we were all coming here to shout at each other instead? On the basis that would be far more interesting.

Dorries? Jesus...

DL GE2024, live on 4th July, featuring contributions from:

David Quimbleby

En Passandrew Neil

DCI Kay Burnside

Krishnan RoverAndMurthy

Gary Bibliogibbon

Reeta ChakraToastie

Tom Brad252by

Beth Willzby

Chris Mscon

Clorox Myrie

Trevor Phillipheybrookbays

jeremyportvinecity

Astro Kampbell

Sod's Lawry Stewart

Sly Ron Curtice

Laura Cremsberg (ignored)

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

For fuck, and I can't stress this enough, sake.

Channel 4 have signed up Nadine Dorries to join them for their election night coverage.

Oh well. Laughing at a sobbing Laura Cremsberg on the BBC it is, then.

Oh for fuck sake :rant:

And they were going so well