12 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The only place I have seen a Tory placard is on the A47 at the B6047 junction where there is one for Alicia Kearns (Rutland and Stamford) but there is a Reform one right next to it

If the Tories lose Rutland then there is no point in it existing.

I used to live in the old Rutland and Melton constituency but I think it ended up in Charnwood with the boundary changes

Drove to visit a friend through rural home counties on the weekend and I couldn't help noticing the complete absence of Tory signs. I haven't seen a single one this year, which feels wild... 

• Like 1

Question Time was a rat's nest.

Davey and Swinney can essentially be disregarded here. Both have their pasts, both seem to have moved on, whether you like their policies or not. (As a side note, I think Davey was the best performer, though I'd like to have heard how their hodge podge of ideas actually is and translates to a caring tolerant society that will be there from cradle to grave - that's their policy, it's a broken message that isn't clear).

Starmer really has to answer questions directly. He can, I know he can, but he wants to move on to territory where he feels comfortable. He looks evasive and untrustworthy, and frightened of saying anything that may lose him votes.

Sunak is the consistent cockwomble. Slipping out that refusing to do his voluntary compulsory National Service may result in banking issues or losing your driving licence was a major slip up. He will cut your taxes. Oh great, nothing except fiddling about with the mess of broken Britain while taking less in revenue seems a recipe for more shite on the top of the dogshite we live with now. If anyone was accused of breaking the law, they would be suspended from their job. His refusal to suspend his candidates accused of gambling offences means in practice that he can well boot them out of the party if they are found guilty, but they can be elected and sit there for five fucking years as independents. I'm not sure Parliament would have the right to investigate their wrongdoing prior to being elected.

Unenviable selection of rogues. Maybe Binface isn't such a bad choice after all.

• Like 1

Liberal Democrat candidate for my area really want our vote. In the last 2 weeks he's sent 3 things through the post. Including a "personalised" letter. That's the most a lib dem candidate has ever canvassed here. Probably because around here while this area is strong Tory, Lib Dems come second.

Another day on the road yesterday, and whilst there were a few more Tory posters on the A379 in South Devon constituency,  by the time you hit Dawlish and Teignmouth- sea of yellow. 

Driving to football training in Moor View, 2 signs on the main road saying vote for Mercer (not mention of what party obviously). But drive the Budshead ward behind his placards and nearly every window has a red poster in it. 

Rishi literally dragged to pieces in the Question Time debate. The response to ECHR was met with loud booing even over the credits. 

What has to be most worrying- debate took place in York. Rishi is MP close by. 

He has to be in danger surely. 

• Like 6

Things seem to be turning dirty in Plymouth Moor View. Hustling was abandoned last night and Johnny Mercer all over it on X. 

There's a measured silence from Fred Thomas. 

I get we're a miliary city with the Dockyard the Marine barracks, but that's all in Plymouth Sutton and Devonport not Moor View so this forces angle doesn't apply to the majority of the voters. Even nearby Torridge and Tavistock has Bickleigh barracks but no miliary talk there. 

Drove south out of Leicester through the Harborough and Wigston constituency

Did see a few Tory posters but all I could think is that the candidate is called Neil O'Brien so my infantile brain just read that as NOB

The posters going up in gardens and windows were for the Labour candidate

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wonder how close it'll come to Ed Davey being LOTO

The Tories would have to do spectacularly badly and the Lib Dems gain all their Targets

I am still thinking that there might be over 100 Tory MPs after the election but I think the Lib Dems will crack the 50 barrier

• Like 1

I've already picked out Sunak's departure theme tune. It's most apt.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I've already picked out Sunak's departure theme tune. It's most apt.

good but this is more brutal and more honest.

• Like 3

@Philheybrookbay1 I've gone for the self-pitying viewpoint of Sunak, you have gone for viewpoint of the electorate. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're both going awfully high brow. I'd just plump for this:

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

You're both going awfully high brow. I'd just plump for this:

Well, I can't see that one. :lol:

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, I can't see that one. :lol:

Without wishing to be rude, I'm sure you're not under the age restriction! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, TQR said:

Without wishing to be rude, I'm sure you're not under the age restriction! :lol:

Yeah, I don't subscribe to YouTube, so I'm not signing in. Simple as that.

I like free stuff. Cost of living and all that. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

At the 2019 election Mark Francois had a majority of over 30,000

Current prediction from Electoral Calculus has him retaining but his majority is slashed

image.png.d7c6684f1de58c5f601f5bfd795fab12.png

I don't see it happening but if someome like Francois starts losing their seat I would think we'd be into Ed Davey as LOTO territory

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

At the 2019 election Mark Francois had a majority of over 30,000

Current prediction from Electoral Calculus has him retaining but his majority is slashed

image.png.d7c6684f1de58c5f601f5bfd795fab12.png

Reform need to up their game here. They only need to nick another 5% off the Tories and it's bye bye Piggy.

58 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I don't subscribe to YouTube, so I'm not signing in. Simple as that.

I like free stuff. Cost of living and all that. 

Youtube is free. There's a premium version that you can subscribe to, but I've never bothered.

I don't think you need to sign in to watch videos, but you can sign in using Google.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Youtube is free. There's a premium version that you can subscribe to, but I've never bothered.

I don't think you need to sign in to watch videos, but you can sign in using Google.

To watch age-restricted videos, you need to scan a form of ID with your camera. Dystopian, I know. I did it because I'm a premium subscriber of 3 years, and they already have my bank details, and I have a Google phone. I'm in support of people using VPNs or whatever they need to bypass ID checks, though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1