On 21/06/2024 at 20:57, TQR said:

Tell you what, this is going to be one of those threads I’ll read back through in future when I fancy a laugh :D

Election Night here is gonna be a fuck side better than the BBC and Sky!

Just like all the live coverage building up to the Queen's death (if you could even get onto the Deathlist site that was).

• Like 1

What a complete clattering anus.

IMG_9713.thumb.jpeg.b50cced48f0d8039114dca485335f1c2.jpeg

Cunt Tweeted (and swiftly deleted) a pic of his wife marking her ballot paper which, of course, is illegal.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

IMG_9713.thumb.jpeg.b50cced48f0d8039114dca485335f1c2.jpeg

Cunt Tweeted (and swiftly deleted) a pic of his wife marking her ballot paper which, of course, is illegal.

Are you sure ? I thought it was merely just in the polling station. Fairly sure Wes Streeting put up a photo of his postal vote.

32 minutes ago, TQR said:

18 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Are you sure ? I thought it was merely just in the polling station. Fairly sure Wes Streeting put up a photo of his postal vote.

I was going to say the same thing as TQR when I saw the pic he'd posted (before I saw his comment underneath) but, having looked online, I can't find anything saying you can't photograph your postal vote. Only that you can't film or photograph inside a polling station. A loophole perhaps?

51 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I was going to say the same thing as TQR when I saw the pic he'd posted (before I saw his comment underneath) but, having looked online, I can't find anything saying you can't photograph your postal vote. Only that you can't film or photograph inside a polling station. A loophole perhaps?

I was sure you can't photograph a filled in ballot paper, and certainly not someone else's while you're looming over them.

At least someone in the Tories is prepared to call out Reform. Pity Rishi doesn't have the balls 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I was sure you can't photograph a filled in ballot paper, and certainly not someone else's while you're looming over them.

I think you are technically correct. As per this BBC article from 2014, "Under Section 66 of the Representation of the People's Act it is a criminal offence to communicate information about the way someone has voted or is about to vote - or to communicate the unique identification number on the ballot paper." There seems to be some dispute as to whether it is illegal to reveal your own ballot paper, or to photograph someone else's with their consent. Either way, it's stupid and there's a reason he deleted it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

They must be thrilled with Rishi :lol:

"8 years ago today, I proudly voted to kneecap my country and cause unnecessary and longstanding chaos and turmoil.

While we lied to the people and then failed to deliver our impossible promises, Keir Starmer tried to stop it.

That's the difference between us."

Nice one, Rishi. Alienate yet more One Nation Tories in the misguided belief you're going to win over some Reform voters. The ardent Brexiteers aren't going to vote for you, they're going to vote for the fuckwit who grandstanded in the EU Parliament for years instead of getting any policies enacted.

• Like 1

10 days.

Image.thumb.jpeg.2697b186816fab84b4f81b67084dfce3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

https://x.com/Haggis_UK/status/1805142013664186390?t=wKdndXynII6SpKCG3FR-Sw&s=19

This is quite the car crash from Chris Heaton-Harris. It's OK to change our minds but not Labour. He's literally tied up in knots :)

And to think he was secretary of state for Northern Ireland. 

He is still in that role until electon day.

Someone in Tory HQ is leaking the daily brief to Alistair Campbell. 

It's like something from W1A today :D

BREAKING: Am being leaked all the campaign director morning notes from Tory HQ now … here is today’s … 

we will be fielding C Heaton-Harris on the media this morning. You will know he is not standing but as with M Gove we think this helps us. These departing MPs are able to put a bit of distance from the campaign and when asked to comment eg on betting scandals, unravelling tax lies and the like, they can say it is not a matter for them. But they can then pivot to our line of the day which is that Starmer will take UK back into EU. We need to be careful however, as there is a danger this will make Starmer more popular. So we need to issue the warning gently, especially in Lib Dem areas. Please don’t leak but the Chancellor called the PM yesterday furious at his “Brexit is great”’tweet (overnight focus groups suggest JH has a point but let’s double down to show confidence in our strategy. Tomorrow Sir Gavin Williamson will be main message carrier. Unfortunately most of current cabinet now feel they are in either lost cause seats or marginals so we have to respect their refusal to go out and defend the national campaign. But as you know Gav is a great salesman and we are hoping he can do for Rishi what he once did for fireplaces. No new scandals overnight apart from us using public money to set up party website for candidates. But thankfully there are so many bigger scandals nobody is noticing. And remember … it is no longer about stopping the boats but stopping the votes. STOP THE VOTES. AVOID THE SUPERDEFEAT WE KNOW WE DESERVE. Onwards !!!

• Haha 3

Its telling how bad their campaign is that I got quite far into that post before twigging it was satire!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Its telling how bad their campaign is that I got quite far into that post before twigging it was satire!

It was Gavin Williamson part which got me pausing. I thought do they want be reduced to single figures?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Image.thumb.jpeg.2697b186816fab84b4f81b67084dfce3.jpeg

This is brilliant.  I shall print it out and display it in my windows alongside the Tactical Voting poster.  :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

They must be thrilled with Rishi :lol:

What, that's the ONLY difference?!

I don't fucking think so.

56 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Bury St. Edmunds has been Tory since 1885! If they lose that they're in trouble 

• Like 1

Down the road from me at this moment - was considering going but tragically the Covid test just came back negative

448903391_120211424986750305_11361673309

• Haha 7

Say what you like about Nigel Farage (I'm not a fan btw), he has poked the bear here (by which I mean the soft squishy holiday-making cockwomble who wanted our pensioners dead):

Sounds something like one of the Villians from Scooby Doo would say. "Oh you'll regeret this" as they're being carted away at the end of the episode

• Haha 1