Sign in to follow this  
Wormfarmer

ABC Deadpool VII: 2023-24 Season

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah, jolly beans, thanks YW.

Still would like to know why Anna Cardwell isn't acceptable. If it's to do with the chickadee bit, then that can be taken from her name as she is called Anna (hence A)

She's definitely famous enough (as it were) to pass DDP fame test. 

• Like 3

Roland Griffiths with the NYT obit is a double hit for Baby Blue and me.

On 15/08/2023 at 03:26, Wormfarmer said:

So far, as I compile lists, I have come across two names which I find too far from celebrity to qualify.  Jenny Appleford (I am not really on board with the idea that anyone with a website or twitter account is considered an "influencer" these days) 

Looks like Jenny Apple(ford) has died a couple of days ago:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/08/jenny-apples-husband-confirms-youtuber-has-died-aged-36-in-heartbreaking-update/

No obit so far, so maybe a blessing in disguise for the people who picked her, or an indication that she really wasn't notable enough as an influencer.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Looks like Jenny Apple(ford) has died a couple of days ago:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/08/jenny-apples-husband-confirms-youtuber-has-died-aged-36-in-heartbreaking-update/

No obit so far, so maybe a blessing in disguise for the people who picked her, or an indication that she really wasn't notable enough as an influencer.

Have at you with a QO: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12725357/Influencer-mother-two-terminal-lung-cancer-dies.html

• Like 1

Yeah from the brief glimpse I got of her she reminds me too much of the cancer bloggers like Lisa McGill in the old days 

Shane MacGowan and Henry Kissinger are hits for me.

Qapik Attagutsiak has died, a rare Q fatality and unique pick for me. Waiting for the obit...

Edit: As posted in the DDP thread, the DDP QO is there, a dirty hit, but it's "Q".

• Like 1

Mario Zagallo is a hit for afew people here.

Roger Rogerson becomes my 9th hit here. 

Jonnie Irwin :rip: 3 pts for last name I + 2WS pts =5 pts

This is a hit for several of us here. 

• Like 1

HELP!   I must confess I am at a loss here.  I realize I had neglected to update this pool for the last couple of months, partly because the hits seemed so few I thought it would be easy to catch up.  But now, as I attempt to do so, I cannot for the life of me find my scoring page.  It was in the first 3 or 4 posts of the thread, but I have searched this whole thread several times and it appears to be gone.  Unless there is a hide feature that I am unaware of?  I really dread going back through the obits all the way to last September to redo it.  I don't even have the hours it would take.  So unless someone can help me recover the lost scoring post, I am going to humbly try to do this another way.  Near the end of the game, Aug 31, would everyone that is playing please post in this thread, your own score, and the hits you had to earn it.  I will double check the leaders and those within striking distance to make sure we have the correct winner.  Unusual, I know, but hugely helpful in this circumstance.  Hopefully most teams are keeping loose track of their own scores anyway.   Here is an example of a simple post (of my current score) that would make my life easier . . . .

Wormfarmer -  9 pts, Tweedale/Draper/Latour  

• Like 2

Updated 25. April: 

theoldlady — 8 pts:

Frank Field 1 PT for first name + 2 pts for last name = 3 pts

Jonnie Irwin: 3 pts for last name I + 2WS pts = 5 pts

Edited by theoldlady
To reflect Frank Field’s passing.

My hits are

I - Jonnie Irwin

S - Shane MacGowan

Z - Mario Zagallo