Mr Stats

World's Oldest

That puts Henry Allingham as the 53rd oldest person in the world

Is there a list published somewhere?

This one

Thanks :) I wonder what's the Japanese secret for long life.

Only letting the GRG to review their records every September. The correspondents are only allow to check the Japanese records once per year due to their privacy laws, so I'm told that a lot of the Japanese cases are likely already deceased - and some already are, they just usually wait until September to do the big update.

now that is something I didn't know. so our Henry could be even higher up the list?

• Like 1

That puts Henry Allingham as the 53rd oldest person in the world

Is there a list published somewhere?

This one

Thanks :) I wonder what's the Japanese secret for long life.

Only letting the GRG to review their records every September. The correspondents are only allow to check the Japanese records once per year due to their privacy laws, so I'm told that a lot of the Japanese cases are likely already deceased - and some already are, they just usually wait until September to do the big update.

now that is something I didn't know. so our Henry could be even higher up the list?

Absolutely. Less than a week ago, Yasu Nishiyama was the 10th oldest person in the world according to the GRG. Then last week they found out that she died on October 31, 2006 and updated the list.

Japan's oldest person couldn't handle the pressure for more than a few days it seems: Shitsu Nakano dead

Nakano's death also means Henry has entered the top 50.

Those of you interested in tracking Henry's progress can add this page to their watchlist: List of living supercentenarians

It gets updated faster than Table E on the GRG and contains several of the cases that have not been validated enough to be on the GRG website, but enough that they are plausible. Those who worry about the reliability needn't fear - the page is watched closely by every gerontologist on Wikipedia to avoid false information.

Also, I'm led to believe that Henry is even higher than #50 - I'm told that a few of the people on that list have been reported as deceased, and that the GRG is merely awaiting confirmation. Don't know if they're above or below Harry though. Also keep in mind what I said about the Japanese cases - unless they're the top like Tanabe, Minagawa or Nakano, their deaths could go unnoticed for almost a year.

Japan's oldest person couldn't handle the pressure for more than a few days it seems: Shitsu Nakano dead

Nakano's death also means Henry has entered the top 50.

It's a shame Alan "Fluff" Freeman is no longer with us. He could have done a great top 50 run-down! "Greeting, pop-your-clogs pickers!"

Apparently "More than 28,000 Japanese are 100 years or older". Who's going to start a poll by typing in all 28,000+ names?

For those of you not perusing the Deadio Times thread below, Channel 4 tonight (9-00) has an hour on the world's oldest persons, looking at the increased numbers making it past 100.

Don't want to do a big post quote, but per my last post in this thread, Henry Allingham is now in the 49th spot. One of the Japanese cases had been deceased since March.

And no, I'm not going to point this out every time it happens. I'm pointing it out once to prove my point and that's it (promise).

Is this now DeathList forum's oldest living thread?

Nope, the Robert Mugabe thread started by Little Sister is even older.

Just out of curiosity who is the oldest member of Deathlist?

How old is old LB?

34 next month. Stone, that is.

Just out of curiosity who is the oldest member of Deathlist?

Not I!

Probably Lady Die.

She's ancient. :o

;)

George Burns once described sex over 80 as like trying to play snooker with a rope instead of a cue.

Then again, I remember Fortean Times reporting on a 91 year old eskimo who got his 28 year old wife pregnant.

A man in India has had his 21st child. At age 90. With his eldest son's widow.

Dysfunctional. Dysfunctional.

What a daughter in law f****r.

He'd have been the right age to surrender in two World Wars.

Modern minds see defeat as an opportunity to capitalize their faults.

This way

Next time they will reach the top of the ladder.

Peace,

The Philosopher

He'd have been the right age to surrender in two World Wars.

Modern minds see defeat as an opportunity to capitalize their faults.

This way

Next time they will reach the top of the ladder.

Peace,

The Philosopher

Welcome Mr Rumsfeld, personally I prefer your earlier statement:

“The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.”

• Like 1