widnes14

William Gladstone Stewart

Guest Guest
Richard Whitely being dead makes me wonder how long the fifteen to one fellas got left

WILLIAM G STEWART WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Henry Sandon. The reason I brought him up is because he was on some other antiques programme and he was awfully shaky - Im guessing that he wasn't camera shy.

Besides - he must be due a heart attack soon. He always gets excited over nothing - a plate for example.

We can rule out a car crash.

This from the Gloucestershire Echo:

Tv Expert Gets Behind The Wheel

31 January 2005

Tv antiques expert Henry Sandon is getting behind the wheel as part of a road safety scheme for older drivers.

The porcelain expert, who appears on the Antiques Roadshow, is taking the Safer Driving with Age assessment. He hopes to encourage other older drivers to follow his lead.

Every month 17 people are hurt in the county as a result of a crash involving a motorist aged 70 or over.

The SAGE initiative aims to ensure elderly drivers are up to scratch.

If their performance is not good enough, they are advised to stop driving.

Mr Sandon, who is patron of SAGE, will take the test within a fortnight.

He said: "I'm a great one for telling people that they get more valuable as they get older, like antiques."

Gloucestershire County Council's road safety team leader Garry Handley came up with the idea of SAGE five years ago.

Motorists have their eyes tested before their driving is assessed by an instructor.

Afterwards they are told what areas need improving.

Their doctor could be asked how health issues may affect their performance.

Eight out of 10 drivers are fine or are given a few tips.

Mr Handley said: "It's easy for the Government and police to point the finger at young drivers causing danger on the roads but evidence shows there's an even greater need to support older drivers.

"A woman over 74 is most likely to have a crash, not a young man."

Legally, all drivers over 70 do to keep their licence is sign a form saying they are in good health.

The SAGE assessment costs £19 and includes free breakdown recovery for a year worth £50. For more information, call Mr Handley on 01452 425557.

The SAGE assessment costs £19 and includes free breakdown recovery for a year worth £50. For more information, call Mr Handley on 01452 425557.

I just phined Mr Handlet - he wasn't too pleased to be woken up at this time of night, told me to bugger off. :)

DDT; Have the ageing legs and class first touch of former Carlisle defender Rob Edwards made their mark at St James's Park yet.

DDT; Have the ageing legs and class first touch of former Carlisle defender Rob Edwards made their mark at St James's Park yet.

In a word - no. But it's early days and I'm sure he'll flourish once he's got a few games under his belt.

ECFC could be doing better, even Crawley, bankrupt and in administration, came back from the dead and snatched two points off us last week.

Apparently he was supposed to do Strictly Come Dancing 2010 but there was a problem with the insurance. It could just be his age but he's not that much older than Paul Daniels is he? He's also younger than June Brown, does anyone know if there are any health issues?

I did also hear somewhere he was into Morris Dancing so could be a good choice for HPDP.

Apparently he was supposed to do Strictly Come Dancing 2010 but there was a problem with the insurance. It could just be his age but he's not that much older than Paul Daniels is he? He's also younger than June Brown, does anyone know if there are any health issues?

I did also hear somewhere he was into Morris Dancing so could be a good choice for HPDP.

He's what the man himself said about it....

He was shortlisted to appear on Strictly Come Dancing in 2010. He told The Telegraph, "I had an interview with producers, was accepted and even agreed to a location for my training. At the interview I even did a few high kicks, knee bends, and toe-touching to prove how fit I am. All was agreed. Then, two weeks later, my agent got a message to say that the BBC would not insure me – I was too old."

Unlike Holness (and his ninety strokes), I don't expect WGS to go any time soon. Unless he's masking ill health with ageism...

Guest TV Critic

I'm sure he would be suicidal if he saw the atrociously awful "Celebrity Fifteen to One" on Channel 4 on Friday, hosted by Adam Hills. But he probably had better things to do.

I don't know what's worse the utterly dreadful questions, the lame celebs like Rhod Gilbert, or the fact that most of the questions are unanswerable because, they are so poorly composed and needlessly drawn out, and read out by the most unfunny, droning-voiced Aussie drongo in history, that by the time he's finished reading them out the contestant is usually struggling just to stay awake nevermind answer. Extremely painful it was.

I'm sure he would be suicidal if he saw the atrociously awful "Celebrity Fifteen to One" on Channel 4 on Friday, hosted by Adam Hills. But he probably had better things to do.

I don't know what's worse the utterly dreadful questions, the lame celebs like Rhod Gilbert, or the fact that most of the questions are unanswerable because, they are so poorly composed and needlessly drawn out, and read out by the most unfunny, droning-voiced Aussie drongo in history, that by the time he's finished reading them out the contestant is usually struggling just to stay awake nevermind answer. Extremely painful it was.

At least it's not as painful as watching the new ordinary 15-1 hosted by Sandi Toksvig's hair.

Big fan of Channel 4 just deciding to give Adam Hills a career after about 10 years of him failing to make any impression on any single TV viewer.

Big fan of Channel 4 just deciding to give Adam Hills a career after about 10 years of him failing to make any impression on any single TV viewer.

I had no idea who he was. As I had no idea who half of the celebrities under 30 were, he fits right in. There was a guy on it the other week who looked like a constipated Jack Swagger, Rob Beckett or something like that.

And even worse, they put Gyles Brandreth on the screen. He was on Countdown last week and all.

tbh this is why I only watch "Bar Rescue" and "Flipping Vegas" these days.

• Like 1

Whilst it can be a bit shit at times The Last Leg is a great programme most of the time and the highlight of my Friday nights. Suppose it's an acquired taste though - fyi he's had a pretty long career back in Australia before Last Leg started in 2012 which is probably where they found him from.

Celebrity fifteen to one is a pile of shit though.

Any channel that has the programme "Dogs on Benefits" needs to seriously look at itself in the mirror...

• Like 3

Any channel that has the programme "Dogs on Benefits" needs to seriously look at itself in the mirror...

That's a real programme? I heard a reference to it on something and assumed it was exaggerated for comic effect.

All this is a long way from William G Stewart. He was notably absent from that programme Bradly Walsh did last year about quiz programmes but that doesn't necessarily mean he's in bad health.

That's a real programme? I heard a reference to it on something and assumed it was exaggerated for comic effect.

All this is a long way from William G Stewart. He was notably absent from that programme Bradly Walsh did last year about quiz programmes but that doesn't necessarily mean he's in bad health.

I was actually going to reply that he had been dead for years till I googled him and found that he was well and truly alive!!

Well I never!!!

And I do recall him in the outfit...can't remember where though ..

I once appeared on 15 to 1 when William used to host it. However he only came in to read the questions and never chattered with the contestents.

The set was held together with masking tape and bits of wood.

Guest William G. Stewart

It'll never be quite like the old days. Sometimes they even let me receive fellatio on air!

2di4z7b.jpg

Blimey mates.

You'd better stop this cheek.

Or's it'll be your own lives you have to worry about. And I don't mean those bloody green lights either!

I once appeared on 15 to 1 when William used to host it. However he only came in to read the questions and never chattered with the contestents.

The set was held together with masking tape and bits of wood.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the show filmed in Wandsworth, South London?