Deadornot

how did you come here

How did you first find out about deathlist.net?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

....... and spew out their bestest venom.  .........

Like this perhaps?

1. ie+ - yeah, quoting defeated me for a good couple of years until I figured it out. To quote, go to the posting you want to quote, then hit the little "quote" button in the top right corner of the posting - it will copy the whole post. If you don't want to copy the whole post, when you're creating your own message you can see the wording being quoted in a different little box under your own message, can go into this box, and remove any unwanted words. Not a very computer literate description, but then I'm a computer moron.

2. Mr. Josco, perhaps you couldn't tell I intentionally used the word "bestest", so if your comment was supposed to be a typo spot, sorry, it wasn't. Nice Death List poster ranking, by the way.

I was out for a spin in the old Astral Plane this morning with my old pal Lobsang Rampa and who should we bump into but Great Uncle Grim, looking like death warmed up as he had been out on the ran-dan last night with the Masters of Wisdom who really ought to know better by now.

He said Ted Heath had told him about this place in passing.

Passing Geddit?

I'm new here too so a big Hi to everybody.

Welcome aboard ie+ and CKH. Hope you enjoy your stay :o

I'm new here too so a big Hi to everybody.

Welcome on board, Captain.

To avoid confusion, I propose that Captain Oates remains the Captain.

regards,

Hein

I came here, because I like dead people, that, plus the fact that I laugh almost everytime I hear that someone has died. HA!, serves them right.

ooh, I just noticed, an anagram of Vinton Cerf (helped develop the internet, so his last name seems apt)) is FC Inventor

1. ie+ - yeah, quoting defeated me for a good couple of years until I figured it out.  To quote, go to the posting you want to quote, then hit the little "quote" button in the top right corner of the posting -  it will copy the whole post.  If you don't want to copy the whole post, when you're creating your own message you can see the wording being quoted in a different little box under your own message, can go into this box, and remove any unwanted words.

Well put. It is the removing of unwanted words that is the bestest feature of the quote function. In this way, one is able to twist the original comment in order to serve one's own nefarious purposes.

I seem to remember Mr Notapotato doing this fairly recently during an exchange with Mr Anubis. Something about finding satisfaction on Hampstead Heath at dawn. Now where the hell is it? :o

I seem to remember Mr Notapotato doing this fairly recently during an exchange with Mr Anubis. Something about finding satisfaction on Hampstead Heath at dawn. Now where the hell is it? :o

Do you mean this topic??

Do you mean this topic??

That's the one. Thanks Teddy!

....... and spew out their bestest venom.  .........

Like this perhaps?

ie+ defeated me for a good couple of years until I figured you can go into this box, and intentionally use the word "bestest", so Nice.

Hurrah! It works!! Thanks guys...

Hello CKH!

A friend suggested that I'd like it

Reading this thread led me circuitously to this beauty of an early topic, which I thought I'd post for the amusement of newer members like myself (thanks STTG). It was all going swimmingly till that strongman's wife came along to spoil the fun.

And did Halo the Gutless ever join the site?

And do you?

I do, re-reading last night's drunken posts is well funny. I also discovered "chat" last night, my hangover isn't nearly as bad as I deserve :D

And do you?

I do, re-reading last night's drunken posts is well funny. I also discovered "chat" last night, my hangover isn't nearly as bad as I deserve :D

Excellent!!! Looking forward to chatting with you at some point

There was this discussion at work about whether Charlie Drake was still breathing. So I googled him.......

I was looking to find out when Jack Hargreaves said his final "cheerio" and came across the 1992 list.

Late 2013 came by to look at rules, as I was putting together my first DP and wanted various rules to incorporate. Paid some attention to DL for 2014 but not a lot. Came back late 2014 and began posting a few obits as a Guest, decided to join up. Now a regular, currently 68th most prolific poster ever, in a mere 6 months. Moving on up.

SirC

I'm a bit death-obsessed, and have been for a very long time. I've been getting all my death news from these forums for about ten years, so can't really remember how I first found the site, but I'm glad I did.

Quite a few years ago (about 2005) I was driving back from a meeting with one of my superiors (he's a Brit and I'm a Bruce) and we were talking about English betting agencies and how they take outlandish bets at astronomical odds for a lark. I remembered how one of them took a bet of 5p to win a million pounds or similar that Lord Lucan would win next year's Wimbledon Championship after arriving at Centre Court riding Shergar. I don't remember how but we then started talking about Ronnie Biggs and my boss thought that Biggs was dead. I was pretty sure he wasn't so I googled him when I got back to my office and about the 4th or 5th hit was the deathlist. I have followed it casually since then but have followed it more closely since about 2012 when I started putting together my own shadow list. Only since I joined towards the end of last year have I fully embraced all of the peripheral deathlisting fun. My work colleagues think it's strange but are always "Did you pick so and so" etc. and my wife looks on somewhat bemused, but she gives me the odd good tip e.g. Joan Kirner. It fills in some of the quiet moments.

• Like 1

I first came across the site in April 2010 when I googled about Ronnie Biggs`s health. I was hooked and lurked for a long time until I joined as a member nearly two years ago.This site has also lead me into the world of dead pooling that I now I have so many teams by various forums that I can`t remember exactly how many there are out there on various sites. I also introduced my Aunt to the site as she is always asking me whether certain famous people are still alive or not and also hates Margaret Thatcher so found reading through that thread amusing!She doesn`t have a computer though so I still do her research for her but she is still a good brain to pick for potential dead pool picks as she is old enough to remember the obscure yet obitable names that I would never otherwise find!

• Like 3

I always liked old sitcoms, so I was also interested in the biographies of the actors, who were old, and dead or soon to be dead, therefore I chose "being interest in death". In November 2014, I searched Google for "Celebrities most likely to die" (maybe I shoukd have picked "search engine") and found this website. But for some reason, I didn't really realize there was a forum until abiut New Year's and signed up on January 9th.

Guest awesome guest

I was always very morbid and I used to go on ranker and one day I saw their death pool and I searched death pools and I saw this site as first result. I also learned that the rankers death pool is shit

Quite a few years ago (about 2005) I was driving back from a meeting with one of my superiors (he's a Brit and I'm a Bruce) and we were talking about English betting agencies and how they take outlandish bets at astronomical odds for a lark. I remembered how one of them took a bet of 5p to win a million pounds or similar that Lord Lucan would win next year's Wimbledon Championship after arriving at Centre Court riding Shergar. I don't remember how but we then started talking about Ronnie Biggs and my boss thought that Biggs was dead. I was pretty sure he wasn't so I googled him when I got back to my office and about the 4th or 5th hit was the deathlist. I have followed it casually since then but have followed it more closely since about 2012 when I started putting together my own shadow list. Only since I joined towards the end of last year have I fully embraced all of the peripheral deathlisting fun. My work colleagues think it's strange but are always "Did you pick so and so" etc. and my wife looks on somewhat bemused, but she gives me the odd good tip e.g. Joan Kirner. It fills in some of the quiet moments.

My co-workers don't seem to care and probably find my DP/DL updating obtuse. But the pub I go to every couple of days, I walk in and will be briskly asked "who died today?" Or "Did you pick so-and-so?" They are genuinely interested. And then they make fun of me haha.

SC

I first came across the site in April 2010 when I googled about Ronnie Biggs`s health. I was hooked and lurked for a long time until I joined as a member nearly two years ago.This site has also lead me into the world of dead pooling that I now I have so many teams by various forums that I can`t remember exactly how many there are out there on various sites. I also introduced my Aunt to the site as she is always asking me whether certain famous people are still alive or not and also hates Margaret Thatcher so found reading through that thread amusing!She doesn`t have a computer though so I still do her research for her but she is still a good brain to pick for potential dead pool picks as she is old enough to remember the obscure yet obitable names that I would never otherwise find!

I actually can't even remember how I got here, but I suspect it also was because Ronnie Biggs, though I don't know how, either. It must have been in 2011 or 2012.