Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Yay, I actually scored! Well points wise anyway.

Tick Tock's team for 2016

1. Ingvar Kamprad (joker)

2. Jerry Maren

3. Jerry Stiller

4. Carl Reiner

5. Valentina Tereshkova

6. Glen Campbell

7. Peter Sallis

8. Ian Brady

9. Andre Previn

10. Francoise Gilot

Reserve

11. Desmond Morris

Ok in preparation for tonight's celebrations, I'm revealing my team for 2016, which has already been PM'ed to Rotten Ali:

Honestly,YoungWillz Is Not Going To Win.

01. Clive James

02. Carl Reiner

03. Johnny Beattie

04. Brian Walden

05. Ginger Baker

06. Vera Miles

07. Gerd Müller

08. Muhammad Ali (d. 3 June 2016)

09. Lionel Blair

10. William G Stewart

Subs:

Sub 1: Stanley Baxter

Sub 2: Freddie Starr

1. Martin crowe

2. Joey fek

3. Clive James

4. Valerie Harper

5. George gaynes

6. Liz dawn

7.king of Thailand

8. Little Richard

9. Robert Mugabe

10. Anthony Booth.

Here's mine

1. Joey Feek

2. Sumner Redstone

3. Gerd Muller

4. Jimmy Carter

5. Dale Griffin

6. Tommy Docherty

7. Michel Delpech

8. Peter Sarstedt

9. Baroness Campbell of Surbiton

10. John Noakes

subs

HRH Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg

King Salman bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia

Here's mine

1. Joey Feek

2. Sumner Redstone

3. Gerd Muller

4. Jimmy Carter

5. Dale Griffin

6. Tommy Docherty

7. Michel Delpech

8. Peter Sarstedt

9. Baroness Campbell of Surbiton

10. John Noakes

subs

HRH Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg

King Salman bin Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia

John Noakes???!!!!!!! He is almost Brian Cant type royalty Toastie, shame on you!!!! :D

That's it then. 2015 is a crowning glory win for CaptainChorizo.

1st - 227 points - CaptainChorizo

2nd - 169 points - Death Impends

3rd - 168 points - Esuarian Float

4th - 167 points - Dr. Zorders

5th - 152 points - time

6th - 145 points - Book

7th - 140 points - Maryport

8th - 137 points - Toast

9th - 130 points - gcreptile

10th - 122 points - DDT

11th - 95 points - Eesti

12th - 93 points - Tick Tock

14th - 92 points - Hein

15th - 89 points - Banshees Scream

16th - 85 points - the_engineer

17th - 74.007 points - LFN

18th - 70 points - STAB in the DARK

19th - 62 points - Shaun of the Dead

20th - 50 points - the Unknown Man

21st - 30 points - msc

22nd - 12 points - Deathray

23rd - 10 points - YoungWillz

This seems the most fitting clip for the situation

• Like 1

Okay then here goes nothing

1. Fidel Castro

2. Geoffrey Bayldon (never heard of Catweazel in my life but this guy's obviously mega-decrepit)

3. Olly Croft

4. Herman Wouk

5. Rob Ford

6. Joe Jackson (Michael's father)

7. Roger Bannister

8. Jake LaMotta

9. Mills Lane

10. Roger Moore

My 2016 entry:

1. Eric 'Winkle' Brown
2. Rev Billy Graham
3. Vera Lynn
4. Kirk Douglas

5. Muhammed Ali
6. George 'Johnny' Johnson
7. John Landy
8. Bruce Forsyth
9. Javier Perez De Cuellar
10. David Bryant
Subs: Mary Quant, Doris Day

Congratulations to the Captain :clap:

As for end of year awards, Toast picks up the 50 point best team award. Good selection of unique picks. A year ahead on the resounding call to list Tony Booth, but then to place Son-Law Tony Blair on her subs bench looks like something akin to asking lightning to strike twice. However to top it all, was the decision to bench Joan Sims. Bit tricky to ask an old dame to fill the role well, but having died in 2001 was not going to stop the laughs from the sidelines.

Why thank you, kind sir :blush:

John Noakes???!!!!!!! He is almost Brian Cant type royalty Toastie, shame on you!!!! :D

Don't worry, he has been granted eternal life since I have picked him :D

• Like 1

Sure would like to. However it's a shame there has been too little action of late in the current game. But I'll do a few wrap up posts to confirm the entries and scores are all correct first from 2015.

I'll draw up my list for the 2016 game then send it to NAP.

Then, I'll let you guys know my list is locked down and you can start to submit lists via PM or this thread (especially) late on New Year's Eve.

Cut off time will be 10am GMT New Year's Day for 10 name lists (+2 subs please). If anyone wants to enter later during the year, then only 9 persons (and no subs) can be named on any late submitted list thereafter. With the top position allocating 45 points, not the standard 50 points.

Oh Time. Good job you emailed me your list last night. Since your team was logged on the site a little too late it would have been tricky. But because I have not let everyone else know my team and that you are a mate, I would have held off on that off time till midnight. Anyone else too hung over to post can still have a full team today.

As for my team I'm trying to (undoubtedly in vain) pulling a fast one on you lot, and only having old bods that were on Hollywood squares. Thus hoping for unique scores multiplied the larger 3 point bonus score.

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Valerie Harper

Ed Asner

Don Rickles

George Kennedy

Carl Reiner

Betty White

Rose Marie

Marty Allen

Mel Brooks

Subs: Burt Reynolds & Carol Channing

• Like 1

Sure would like to. However it's a shame there has been too little action of late in the current game. But I'll do a few wrap up posts to confirm the entries and scores are all correct first from 2015.

I'll draw up my list for the 2016 game then send it to NAP.

Then, I'll let you guys know my list is locked down and you can start to submit lists via PM or this thread (especially) late on New Year's Eve.

Cut off time will be 10am GMT New Year's Day for 10 name lists (+2 subs please). If anyone wants to enter later during the year, then only 9 persons (and no subs) can be named on any late submitted list thereafter. With the top position allocating 45 points, not the standard 50 points.

Oh Time. Your team was logged a little too late. But because I have not let everyone else know my team and that you are a mate, I'll hold off that cut time till midnight. Anyone else too hung over to post can still have a full team.

As for my team I'm trying to (undoubtedly in vain) pulling a fast one on you lot, and only having old bods that were on Hollywood squares. Thus hoping for unique scores multiplied the larger 3 point bonus score.

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Valerie Harper

Ed Asner

Don Rickles

George Kennedy

Carl Reiner

Betty White

Rose Marie

Marty Allen

Mel Brooks

Subs: Burt Reynolds & Carol Channing

Thanks RA, but though I posted here after the cut-off time, I PM'ed the team to you yesterday lunchtime, well ahead of the deadline.

Posts passed during edit. Safe hands says your entry survives intact.

• Like 1

Congratulations Cpt. Chorizo!

Toast gets 20 basic froggy points and 8 bonus froggy points for her unique hit with Michel Delpech. Crunchy frog on toast enyone?

2nd Leader Board

1st - 28 froggy points - Toast

2nd - half a point - Switch

=last - zero points - everyone else

A tip of the hat to Spade, who saw that Pat Harrington Jr. is dead, and the reason why he was a "Must-have" for this competition is that he was both on Hollywood Squares:

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-hollywood-squares-1966/october-23-29-1978-2-366413/

as well as in a pantomime:

https://www.mptvimages.com/images/71275

Not sure about the points for panto. That says pantomime quiz.

From Wikipedia:

"Based on the parlor game of Charades, Pantomime Quiz was first broadcast locally in Los Angeles from November 13, 1947 to 1949. In that format, it won an Emmy Award for "Most Popular Television Program" at the first Emmy Awards ceremony. The competition involved two teams of four contestants each (three regulars and one guest). In each round, one member acts out (in mime) a phrase or a name while the other three try to guess it. Each team had five rounds (in some broadcasts there were only four); the team that took the less amount of time to guess all phrases won the game.

Home viewers were encouraged to send in suggestions for phrases to be used in a telecast. Those that were actually used earned cash or a prize for the people who sent them. A bonus was given if the team trying to solve it could not do so within two minutes."

Sorry that does not cut it for me.

It needs to be run of performances to live theatre audiences, not an oddball (however long running) TV quiz.

Again from wiki:

"Pantomime (informally panto) is a type of musical comedy stage production, designed for family entertainment. It was developed in England and is still performed there, generally during the Christmas and New Year season and, to a lesser extent, in other English-speaking countries. Modern pantomime includes songs, slapstick comedy and dancing, employs gender-crossing actors, and combines topical humour with a story loosely based on a well-known fairy tale. It is a participatory form of theatre, in which the audience is expected to sing along with certain parts of the music and shout out phrases to the performers.

Pantomime has a long theatrical history in Western culture dating back to classical theatre, and it developed partly from the 16th century commedia dell'arte tradition of Italy, as well as other European and British stage traditions, such as 17th-century masques. An important part of the pantomime, until the late 19th century, was the harlequinade.

Outside Britain, the word "pantomime" is usually used to mean miming, rather than the theatrical form discussed here."

4 teams pick up points for Pat Harrington Jr. Captain Chorizo and Death Impends bag a fine 45 basic points. SirCreep and gcreptile net 50 basic points. Bonus points formed of 3 points, for Hollywood Squares, times one fifth of the basic points.

I'm going to try something new with regards to the scoring, when more than one team picks the same team member. From now on, the first person who picked the hit will gain an extra 0.1 bonus point.

Format for this, is that Captain Chorizo gets 0.3 points, gcreptile gets 0.2 points and Death Impends gets 0.1 points. Last in the "put in a team in the thread queue" gets diddly squat.

3rd Leader Board

1st - 80.2 points - gcreptile

2rd - 80 points - Sir Creep

3rd 72.3 points - Captain Chorizo

4th 72.1 points - Death Impends

5th - 28 points - Toast

6th - 0.5 points - Switch

=last, everyone else.

Ah ok, no problem. I didn't really look at the background of the show and just assumed that such a jack-of-all-trades like Harrington Jr. would have done some miming in that context.

Edit: I didn't even know that there's a specific english meaning to the word. The more you learn...

Pantomime (informally panto) is a type of musical comedy stage production, designed for family entertainment. It was developed in England and is still performed there, generally during the Christmas and New Year season and, to a lesser extent, in other English-speaking countries. Modern pantomime includes songs, slapstick comedy and dancing, employs gender-crossing actors, and combines topical humour with a story loosely based on a well-known fairy tale. It is a participatory form of theatre, in which the audience is expected to sing along with certain parts of the music and shout out phrases to the performers.

Oh no it isn't! :D

• Like 2

My team:

1. Pat Harrington Jr.

2. Rose Marie

3. Hendrijke Fitz (german soap star)

4. Joao Havelange

5. Atal Bihari Vajpayee

6. Adam Busby

7. Lloyd Shapley

8. Jean Pierre Coffe (french TV personality)

9. Kirk Douglas

10. Howard Marks

Subs: Nancy Reagan, Zsa Zsa Gabor

Good luck everyone!

We both nailed our first name with Harrington; next up for me is Feek. You have Rose Marie? You know some inside info??

SC

My team:

1. Pat Harrington Jr.

2. Rose Marie

3. Hendrijke Fitz (german soap star)

4. Joao Havelange

5. Atal Bihari Vajpayee

6. Adam Busby

7. Lloyd Shapley

8. Jean Pierre Coffe (french TV personality)

9. Kirk Douglas

10. Howard Marks

Subs: Nancy Reagan, Zsa Zsa Gabor

Good luck everyone!

We both nailed our first name with Harrington; next up for me is Feek. You have Rose Marie? You know some inside info??

SC

Rose Marie is on my Shadow List. I don't about him, but I picked her because she looked fat and disgusting.

I think those picking Rose Marie for this pool are less inside info and more "well, she's old and was a Hollywood Squares regular". I had her on my first two HDP entries for that very reason, likewise my continued pursuit of Nanette Fabray.

I think those picking Rose Marie for this pool are less inside info and more "well, she's old and was a Hollywood Squares regular". I had her on my first two HDP entries for that very reason, likewise my continued pursuit of Nanette Fabray.

Haha kismet in that I had Nanette Fabray in my first DP ever and haven't since. Not that she's a bad pick at all, mind; rather she reminds me of when I was clueless at this endeavor. Like Jerry Maren, it'll be a sad day when he dies and I've left him off my team.

SC

Obligatory Nanette Fabray/Sid Caesar sketch

• Like 1