football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Why are you all so competitive over the DDP when there's no money involved?? :P

The respect of one's deadpool peers is far beyond grubby money.

The respect of one's deadpool peers is far beyond grubby money.

Agreed ;)

I take it then, Rita your annual visit to the world of Deathlist may have something to do with your playing a deadpool for hard cash?

Lindsey Hughes, minor name but major cert for death, not that the Wiki page mentions the liver cancer, but there you go. S'cuse the repitition and all but I thought I'd bring her to yer attention again in case the compilers of the DL were up for dropping in a sure score somewhere in the lower places.

UK broadsheet obit for sure.

Lindsey Hughes, minor name but major cert for death, not that the Wiki page mentions the liver cancer, but there you go. S'cuse the repitition and all but I thought I'd bring her to yer attention again in case the compilers of the DL were up for dropping in a sure score somewhere in the lower places.

That really is major league bottom of the barrel scraping, surely DL has higher standards.

That really is major league bottom of the barrel scraping, surely DL has higher standards.

I agree. She is definitely not DL material. Does not seem to be well known.

You should have kept it to yourself and place it in your DDP for 2007. Under 50 - megapoints!!

Shane Warne. Late addition for 2006? Form an orderly queue.

You're as ever right, MPFC. I'm beginning to wonder, though, if I got smashed sometime, ended up in your neck of the woods and chatted about this.

Ms Hughes is not only an important academic (she will get an obit, as you say). She's also one of the sensible people who see the humour of the dark side of the human condition. I forget the precise details of the anecdote, but somebody close to me chatted to her recently about some work commitment or other and she casually laughed "Well, I'm supposed to be dead then so I'm not sure that I can make it." She'd like the idea of this site, I expect.

God, I hate people who use verbs like "laughed" or "shrugged" when they can as usefully say "said".

Anyway... on another note, I am reminded about the thread about people hooking up in the "real" world (although I'm still not convinced it actually exists). Is anything happening on this front? (Maybe I need to look more carefully at the hived-off area for less important matters on the forum).

I've been very lazy on this forum after a brief, active start -- work has been hectic and a few other things -- but it'd be fun to put a few faces to avatars. And then, as people have pointed out, swiftly discover that other people here are as boring as me...

Shane Warne + every other member of the Australian team, plus the second team, just in case. Alternatively the whole of the England team who must surely die of shame. To say that I'm gutted is to expect too much of the gut.

A newby here, a stab in the dark as my first prediction, Eileen Derbyshire who plays Emily Bishop in Coronation Street, the Grim Reaper might succeed in 2007 where Richard Hillman failed.

Also Pete Docherty, overdose, it's got to be on the cards....

Bobby Robson could be seeing a Red Card next year too I reckon.... :P

:(:ph34r:

A newby here, a stab in the dark as my first prediction, Eileen Derbyshire who plays Emily Bishop in Coronation Street, the Grim Reaper might succeed in 2007 where Richard Hillman failed.

Also Pete Docherty, overdose, it's got to be on the cards....

Bobby Robson could be seeing a Red Card next year too I reckon.... :lol:

:pop::rip:

funnily enough...just watched Coronation Street....and I was surprised at how rickerty Emily looked at the hairdressers (sitting down....Director couldn't trust her to move much clearly) . She could be one of those that pop all of a sudden .

Pete tosspot wont die ....good pick gor 2028 ish.....

Sir Bobby will probably last a while as well . Hes had lots of problems , but I think he still has a couple of years "lingering" yet

1. Ian Smith, former Prime Minister of Rhodesia, 87 years old and looks to be in terrible health.

Been thinking about this one. If people didn't specify which Ian Smith they meant and then 'Harold Bishop' died, would they still get points when their pick was really the Rhodesia bod rather than a resident of Ramsay Street?

haha. i had Brian Harvey this year, and tried blagging Bryan Harvey, former lead singer of House of Freaks, and famed vocalist for Gutterball, who passed away on Jan 1st. Didnt work.

Ieng Sary, ex Cambodian henchman of Pol Pot is certainly worth watching. He suffered a recent heart attack Wiki entry after years with a heart condition. He was also in hospital and near death for pluerisy, pneumonia & another heart attack in 2004. One to watch, me thinks.

Reports say he has gone to Thailand where he is having medical treatment for heart trauma. However, his son says bollocks.

Even so, one to keep a wary eye on.

Grobler recently posted in the football thread about ex-Dagenham players being ill with cancer.

Well, I can't find any of them, but I can find one poor chap who plays for Didcot Town (about 1/3rd of the way down the page), who IS ill with cancer.

It's a risk, but at 29, would be an outside bet for a DDP stab.

Grobler recently posted in the football thread about ex-Dagenham players being ill with cancer.

Well, I can't find any of them, but I can find one poor chap who plays for Didcot Town (about 1/3rd of the way down the page), who IS ill with cancer.

Didcote Town are not exactly Back Page headline material (unlike the mighty Daggers) , so he might not get an obit . Plus , its obviously early stages of Leukemia....cant see him dropping in 2007....

Didcot Town are not exactly Back Page headline material (unlike the mighty Daggers) , so he might not get an obit . Plus , its obviously early stages of Leukemia....cant see him dropping in 2007....

Personally, me neither & FWIW, hope he makes a full recovery & leads a long & happy life. But I'm just putting it out there as a different one to consider.

Didcot Town are not exactly Back Page headline material (unlike the mighty Daggers) , so he might not get an obit . Plus , its obviously early stages of Leukemia....cant see him dropping in 2007....

Personally, me neither & FWIW, hope he makes a full recovery & leads a long & happy life. But I'm just putting it out there as a different one to consider.

Fair enough.....

I'm impressed with the research by the way...... :lol:

There's another (ex)footballer that's sick out there in the football cosmos...Luton Town physio

Bruce Sewell has been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. It's in it's early stages so best to wait

a year or two...

I do have another football connection possibilitiy, but I'm keeping him close my chest. As it were... :lol:

There's another (ex)footballer that's sick out there in the football cosmos...Luton Town physio

Bruce Sewell has been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. It's in it's early stages so best to wait

a year or two...

I do have another football connection possibilitiy, but I'm keeping him close my chest. As it were... :pop:

Sewell was on my DDP list until Josie Grove came along. I know who you mean for the secret guy too, but I'm not putting him on for 2007.

Guest John

Clive Dunn (elderly actor and not well)

Brian Matthew (missing from Radio 2 for some months now)

Richard Baker (been broadcasting since 1954 and was big chief in WW2)

Chuck Berry (time for another rock and roller to go)

Michael Foot (has looked frail for years now)

Billy Graham (Might just be hanging on)

Desmond Lynam (surely he didn't quit Countdown just because it's in Yorkshire!)

Little Richard (as an alternative to Chuck Berry)

Peregrine Wortheson (crazy name crazy guy)

William Rees-Mogg (well into his 80's now)

Alex Hay (former golf commentater and sidekick to Peter Allis)

Not Sadaam Hussein despite the death penalty as excuses will be found and probably more trials to come.

Pete Doherty (no way can you stay healthy with that amount of drugs)

Dick Clark (top US disc jockey/tv personality well past 80 now and stroke victim but has hung on through the year)

Hmm not bad, I think I'll keep a note of these myself.