Guest iain

Larry King

8 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Are there any other current events you wish to downplay?

Do you have to be a cunt to me because I don’t see eye to eye with you on this?

I’m not downplaying anything. It’s a deadly disease IF you’re over a certain age or if you have other morbidities. It’s a flu for everyone else. I stress, again: 388 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions have died from it in 12 months in the U.K. About 1600 people in that age bracket die in road accidents over a 12 month period. Should we permanently close the roads?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The number of people under 60 with no underlying health conditions who have died from COVID-19 in the UK is only 388

That's true, but we don't know the number of people under 60 that managed to win the fight against the virus.....but came out of it with a dicky lung. I know that there's virtually zero chance of death for my demographic, but that's not the only risk of the virus for me to be arsed about.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, j0neseur0 said:

That's true, but we don't know the number of people under 60 that managed to win the fight against the virus.....but came out of it with a dicky lung. I know that there's virtually zero chance of death for my demographic, but that's not the only risk of the virus for me to be arsed about.

Likewise I know loads of people who have had bad chest infections, influenza etc. who have never fully recovered and have been left with some kind of lasting ailment. With that in mind, should we just go into perpetual lockdown? Banters.

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Do you have to be a cunt to me because I don’t see eye to eye with you on this?

I’m not downplaying anything. It’s a deadly disease IF you’re over a certain age or if you have other morbidities. It’s a flu for everyone else. I stress, again: 388 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions have died from it in 12 months in the U.K. About 1600 people in that age bracket die in road accidents over a 12 month period. Should we permanently close the roads?

You need to exclude all of that 1,600 who had asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure or were a pound overweight though otherwise it's not a fair comparison.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What it shows is that there are always genetic outliers, nothing more.

The number of people under 60 with no underlying health conditions who have died from COVID-19 in the UK is only 388 (as of 27th December 2020). That's across 12 months and millions of people within that age bracket.

Once they knew the risk factors associated with morbidities i.e. age, cancers, type 1 diabetes, obesity, all those who were vulnerable should have practiced shielding, whilst the rest of us got on with our lives. These repeated lockdowns are far more devastating long term.  According to the Centre for Economics and Business Research, lockdown is costing the UK economy £2.4 billion per day. It's utter madness.

In 20 years time we will look back at this and acknowledge we heavily overreacted.

Couldn’t agree more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Likewise I know loads of people who have had bad chest infections, influenza etc. 

I can imagine

It is not plague, still there were 60.000 more deaths than the average of a year in Italy in 2020. Sadly concentrated in some parts of the country. May it be because the health system was not ready at all, but it will never be downplayed in the future. It was a tragedy, dried and cut. It seemed like living a nightmare, there were ambulances at every hour. Oh, and road accidents are not contagious by the way. But I don't want to argue further, I'm tired with all this stuff.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

You need to exclude all of that 1,600 who had asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure or were a pound overweight though otherwise it's not a fair comparison.

Its been rather grim to see folk with considerably lesser breathing issues than mine (which is only mildly chronic after all) drop dead from covid. Genetic allergies suddenly becoming like a pro-wrestlers drug habit for the Reaper.

(I'm socially distancing the shit out of the rest of humanity that don't live in this house. :D)

Only a maximum of 20-30% of under 60's have had the virus - without lockdown's 50% or more would have so that figure would have increased plus many more vulnerable people would have died both from the virus and from the overwhelming of hospital's treating more people at once.

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dead.

unnamed.png.4eb0a91ef8126c879dfa7d9d7ec0e391.png

You sir are a twat 

• Like 1

Just now, Leon Brittan said:

You sir are a twat 

Spot on Leon, but I wear it well. ^_^

I was Googling for a health update, saw an opportunity and seized it. One thing I will agree with Deathray on is that some people round here need to chillax and lighten up a little bit. It's ok to poke fun now and then, even if the jokes are recycled and tired. Just ask Peter Falk.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

chillax

I was perfectly calm.

Larry King dead gag? Can't blame you. Sort of opportunity that has to be taken. Wry chuckle to myself that this'll wind a few posters up.

Still perfectly calm. 

But then.....

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

You sir, are a twat.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dead.

unnamed.png.4eb0a91ef8126c879dfa7d9d7ec0e391.png

Bloody Hilarious.

14 minutes ago, markb4 said:

He owes his life to me predicting his imminent death ...:mellow:

19 minutes ago, jcc said:

He'll make it to his 90's I reckon.Congrats to the committee for not putting him on this years list.Would have been a wasted slot ! 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

51 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

He'll make it to his 90's I reckon.Congrats to the committee for not putting him on this years list.Would have been a wasted slot ! 

Lung cancer survivor from heavy smoking with heart problems that have him in and out of the hospital. Big miss. 

• Like 4

My dad has the same birthday as Larry King.He is 83 with severe emphysema. He cannot walk more than a few yards without gasping for breath. I am relieved to say he was given his corona  vaccine yesterday. I hope it means I can spend a few more years with him, even though he can hardly leave the house anymore. I can therefore empathise with Larry's family.I hope he lasts a few more years too.

• Like 2