Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Look, the Queen is going to die.

We are all fucking going to die!!!!!!!

Oh she'll die alright. It's just a matter of whether it's one week or 100 years from now.

Well she isn't going to live to 190 is she you pillock.

Oh she'll die alright. It's just a matter of whether it's one week or 100 years from now.

I mean she's got long-liver genes but I can hardly see her coming near 190.

Phil the Greek on the other hand .....

I think he had to give up competitive Carriage driving in his 60s.

That's a bit of an elitist sport but you have to be a hard bastard to do it, Phil had many a hard meeting with the ground while competing.

He is made of granite.

That's a bit of an elitist sport but you have to be a hard bastard to do it, Phil had many a hard meeting with the ground while competing.

He is made of granite.

The fact remains though that neither he or the Queen are immortal and at some point the nation will be faced with that fact.

I think the concern should lie more with Phil the Greek going by the photo in that article. Looks incredibly unwell. The Queen doesn't look great either.

ad_229958196.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&st

He looks as good as any 95 year old grimacing.

• Like 2

He is made of granite.

The fact remains though that neither he or the Queen are immortal and at some point the nation will be faced with that fact.

That's a 'Bears shit in the woods' statement.

I was watching the BBC News channel earlier today when they cut live to their on-the-spot Parliament correspondent to discuss the latest Brexit shenanigans. The odd thing was his dress - black suit and black tie - not what I'd usually expect.

Does this mean that the Beeb think she's going to cark it sooner or later, and that they've got their significant reporters already dressed up in case it happens today? Or was he just off to his Great Aunt Gladys's funeral this afternoon?

They might have been advised to just in case she deteriates.It could be that a significant political figure is very ill off the record and they want to be prepared.

He is made of granite.

I know he at one point had to give up polo and that was when he started the carriage driving.

No idea if he has given it up or not but from reading his bio on Wikipedia he has had quite a number of health problems lately.

Which Scottish Nationalist 'fixed' the name of this thread?

• Like 2

Unless we're ignoring the entire Elizabethan era the thread title is very old school, not very deathlisty and needs a dead tag,

Unless we're ignoring the entire Elizabethan era the thread title is very old school, not very deathlisty and needs a dead tag,

Queen Elizabeth

Benefits Street - with staff

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth

Benefits Street - with staff

She doesn't depend on the state. She owns it.

So back in your place, peasant!

• Like 1

After Brexit v EUer, Trump v not-Trump, and Indy Ref or bust, we're back to good old Republicanism vs Monarchism, I see.

• Like 2

I was trying to change the Elizabeth Ii to Elizabeth II, but the forum software wouldn't allow it. So I was left with the option of Elizabeth Ii, Elizabeth I I (the gap between the two I's obviously looks bigger in larger text and slightly ridiculous) or just Elizabeth. I went for the latter option, but should have known it would get the royalists and aspies convulsing and frothing at the mouth.

I'll change it to the second option and see how that goes down.

For some reason I've started thinking about Blackadder II now.

• Like 1

PS Nice to see you back Windsor. :-)

• Like 1

I was trying to change the Elizabeth Ii to Elizabeth II, but the forum software wouldn't allow it. So I was left with the option of Elizabeth Ii, Elizabeth I I (the gap between the two I's obviously looks bigger in larger text and slightly ridiculous) or just Elizabeth. I went for the latter option, but should have known it would get the royalists and aspies convulsing and frothing at the mouth.

I think the previous version (Queen Elizabeth li {-zardqueen}) was slightly less ridiculous. :D

N How about Queen Elizabeth as a main name, and "the Second" as a subtitle (instead of the current "Queen")?

Or better yet, Her Majesty the Queen?

Or even: Queen Elizabeth Il :)

Mind the gap. :)

Can you deal with the uncapitalized t in Tony Booth's thread? Please and thank you. :)

Well...better than nothing I suppose. But since we are doing suggestions, to get rid of the II problem, how about this:

Elizabeth the Second, By the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories, Queen. Head of the Commonwealth. Defender of the Faith. Duchess of Edinburgh, Countess of Merioneth, Lady Greenwich, Duke of Lancaster, Lord of Man, and Duke of Normandy.

We won't bother with the rest. Keep it short...

• Like 3

If it's any help, when she has a runner at the races, she is described in the racecard simply as "The Queen".

When the old gal, the Queen Mother, was alive, she was called "Queen Elizabeth" in the racecard.

Just call her "Literal Welfare Queen" to piss of the aristocracy's cocksucker AKA Windsor.

• Like 3

Just call her "Literal Welfare Queen" to piss of the aristocracy's cocksucker AKA Windsor.

I suggest you read up on the Crown Estate.

• Like 1

I suggest you read up on the Crown Estate.

tumblr_m0iu4m5W241r2rwc8o1_500.jpg

• Like 3