Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

I can't really take the credit because I think that's actually the origin of the saying :lol:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Toast said:

I can't really take the credit because I think that's actually the origin of the saying :lol:

That does sound very plausible: "One man's meat us another man's fish" but I just had a look and lots of sites online don't reference that. One even claims it goes back to antiquity and Rome. :blink: Is this one if those origins that sounds like it should be right but is in fact apocryphal perhaps? Either way, the credit still lies with you. :D

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

That does sound very plausible: "One man's meat us another man's fish" but I just had a look and lots of sites online don't reference that. One even claims it goes back to antiquity and Rome. :blink: Is this one if those origins that sounds like it should be right but is in fact apocryphal perhaps? Either way, the credit still lies with you. :D

Possibly.  We need Susie Dent!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

If this turns out to be even halfway realistic then we will never be told if she dies. They will just roll out TV reports with the deepfake version meeting the plebs. No point in putting her or her hubby on the deathlist. Deepfake queen to deliver Channel 4 Christmas message - BBC News

I am actually quite outraged by what Channel 4 is doing.It's deeply disrespectful o to Her Majesty .I am not a big fan of the Royal Family but I do respect the Queen and do not think she should be denigrated in this way, Shame on Channel 4 ! :angry:

6 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I am actually quite outraged by what Channel 4 is doing.It's deeply disrespectful o to Her Majesty .I am not a big fan of the Royal Family but I do respect the Queen and do not think she should be denigrated in this way, Shame on Channel 4 ! :angry:

Really? How nicely quaint. 

2 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

IMG-20201219-WA0005.jpg

Oh, it'll be all how marvellous all the key workers have been, and praising the NHS (she won't know how shit our local GP practice has been with its disappearing doctors and refusal to join in the vaccination programme).

But quite rightly she will praise our scientists and there is a lot to be proud of on that side of things.

Well I think she sounded actually quite frail this year.  Has there ever been a Mr and Mrs on the list at the same time? 

2 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Has there ever been a Mr and Mrs on the list at the same time? 

Both Philip and Elizabeth were on the list in 2017.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Well I think she sounded actually quite frail this year.  Has there ever been a Mr and Mrs on the list at the same time? 

Yes, Barbara and George Bush Sr both became hits in 2018.

• Like 1

If we are going down the Mr and Mrs route, the Carters are a better bet than the Windsors in 2021. 

• Like 1

With the addition of Libby II, Ros Carter and...Timothy West, we can all enjoy a Family Fortunes edition of Sean's polls! :D

Gerald and Betty Ford a third example. Both were on the list in 2005.

Ah thanks, perhaps the Carters AND the Windsors might be a points bonanza this coming year then! 

And the Kents could be added as well.

• Like 1

I see the Queen was sporting a lovely Pearl necklace. A Christmas gift from Philip perhaps? 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I see the Queen was sporting a lovely Pearl necklace. A Christmas gift from Philip perhaps? 

What, at their age?!!!

I watched the speech from my queen (temporarily), and I have no opinions other than she looks good for her age and has no business on the 2021 DP.  She won’t be on any of mine.  Prince Philip OTOH...

SCunto

Meh, the Queen’s so terribly UK-centric.

Far be it for me to contradict the reigning monarch but I am very much alone, I am always alone and I cannot remember the last time someone squeezed my hand.

• Like 2

Frankly, being alone is often greatly preferable to the alternative.

• Like 2