maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

30 minutes ago, drol said:

IDF are now reporting Mohammed Deif has died. Hamas has denied, but it would be a huge blow to them.

He's on my DDP squad.  I reckon he's dead, but not nearly so sure there will ever be enough proof of his demise for DDP points. 

On 23/12/2016 at 11:26, drol said:

Berlin terrorist Anis Amri shot dead by the police near Milan.

http://www.ansa.it/lombardia/notizie/2016/12/23/milano-spara-ad-agenti-durante-un-controllo-ucciso_7dbfa79d-ca32-4d74-ac88-30038a841756.html

First good thing done by the Italian police in years...

The policeman who shot Amri, Luca Scatà, has died of cancer at 35.

• Like 1

It's a huge one.

Israel has eliminated many of its historical enemies recently. Haniyeh and likely Deif and Fuad Shukr (I believe both are dead). Who's left on the hit list?

1)Yahya Sinwar: Hamas chief in Gaza strip, hiding in a tunnel in Khan Younis, and the designated target of Israel since the war began. His assassination is difficult as his precise location is unknown, but a huge effort is being put in eliminating him.

2)Hassan Nasrallah: Hezbollah leader and longtime enemy of Israel. Reportedly a survivor of both health issues and assassination attempts, his death would be the final blow to Hezbollah.

3)Ziyad al-Nakhalah: secretary of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, was with Haniyeh when he met Khamenei few hours before his death. Probably the next one.

4)Khaled Mashal: former leader of Hamas who was in a coma for days when Israel poisoned him in 1997. Apparently retired but still a top enemy.

5)Mousa Abu Marzook: longtime deputy of Mashal, cam eback to prominence due to the war and is one of the hardliners.

6)Naim Qassem: deputy of Nasrallah and likely successor.

7)Mahmoud Zahar: at 79 the oldest man on the list. Noted for his aggressive rhetoric, he is one of the founders of Hamas and has been a target of Israel for 30 years. His house was bombed in 2003 in a futile attempt to kill him. Though his age may indicate he is not a primary target, for sure he's still on Israel hit list.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, drol said:

Israel has eliminated many of its historical enemies recently. Haniyeh and likely Deif and Fuad Shukr (I believe both are dead). Who's left on the hit list?

1)Yahya Sinwar: Hamas chief in Gaza strip, hiding in a tunnel in Khan Younis, and the designated target of Israel since the war began. His assassination is difficult as his precise location is unknown, but a huge effort is being put in eliminating him.

2)Hassan Nasrallah: Hezbollah leader and longtime enemy of Israel. Reportedly a survivor of both health issues and assassination attempts, his death would be the final blow to Hezbollah.

3)Ziyad al-Nakhalah: secretary of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, was with Haniyeh when he met Khamenei few hours before his death. Probably the next one.

4)Khaled Mashal: former leader of Hamas who was in a coma for days when Israel poisoned him in 1997. Apparently retired but still a top enemy.

5)Naim Qassem: deputy of Nasrallah and likely successor.

6)Mahmoud Zahar: at 79 the oldest man on the list. Noted for his aggressive rhetoric, he is one of the founders of Hamas and has been a target of Israel for 30 years. His house was bombed in 2003 in a futile attempt to kill him. Though his age may indicate he is not a primary target, for sure he's still on Israel hit list.

I wonder if this is a turning point in the war. I imagine that if/when they get Sinwar, this thing will start to enter the end stages?

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I wonder if this is a turning point in the war. I imagine that if/when they get Sinwar, this thing will start to enter the end stages?

It might be the start of a full-scale regional war.

1 minute ago, ObakeFilter said:

It might be the start of a full-scale regional war.

Perhaps. It might wishful thinking to assume this war ever gets close to ending, but I think a big target like Sinwar surely changes the dynamics.

A full out war with Hezbollah is as far as I see this going. I'm sure Iran will continue to support/supply resources, but Iran's domestic situation makes a war untenable. 

3 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Iran State TV says Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran. 

Good riddance. Actually really impressive that they got him. Shows how smooth Israel works in the background.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genfærd said:

Good riddance. Actually really impressive that they got him. Shows how smooth Israel works in the background.

I think Iran sold him to Israel.

5 hours ago, drol said:

5)Mousa Abu Marzook: longtime deputy of Mashal, cam eback to prominence due to the war and is one of the hardliners.

6)Naim Qassem: deputy of Nasrallah and likely successor.

7)Mahmoud Zahar: at 79 the oldest man on the list. Noted for his aggressive rhetoric, he is one of the founders of Hamas and has been a target of Israel for 30 years. His house was bombed in 2003 in a futile attempt to kill him. Though his age may indicate he is not a primary target, for sure he's still on Israel hit list.

What about Nayef Hawatmeh, founder/leader of the DFLP and the Martyr Omar Al-Qasim Forces? He's very old (between 85 and 89 - most sources say 85), but one of the people responsible for the Ma'alot massacre 50 years ago. (And many other attacks) Israel isn't known for forgiving or forgetting and I recall there was most recently an assasination attempt on him two years ago. 

18 minutes ago, arghton said:

What about Nayef Hawatmeh, founder/leader of the DFLP and the Martyr Omar Al-Qasim Forces? He's very old (between 85 and 89 - most sources say 85), but one of the people responsible for the Ma'alot massacre 50 years ago. (And many other attacks) Israel isn't known for forgiving or forgetting and I recall there was most recently an assasination attempt on him two years ago. 

He resigned last year and is very old. I don't think he is a primary target anymore.

11 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Iran State TV says Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran. 

7 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Perhaps. It might wishful thinking to assume this war ever gets close to ending, but I think a big target like Sinwar surely changes the dynamics.

A full out war with Hezbollah is as far as I see this going. I'm sure Iran will continue to support/supply resources, but Iran's domestic situation makes a war untenable. 

Haniyeh is one of the 5 names wanted by the ICC, not that he was ever going to face justice in this way.

Netanyahu needs to keep the war going for as long as possible to both stay in power and stay out of jail on domestic corruption charges, so I can certainly see him wanting to keep the war going, which will involve opening up a new front given Gaza is practically a wasteland now.

• Like 1

Israel's military says it has confirmed that Mohammed Deif is dead after a strike in Khan Yunis last month.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Israel's military says it has confirmed that Mohammed Deif is dead after a strike in Khan Yunis last month.

Excellent…

• Like 1

Show what liars Hamas men are. Deif is a huge blow to the organization, he was kind of a national "hero".

I don't think there will be mercy for Sinwar, even if he surrenders.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

That's 2 out of 3 targets wanted by the ICC from the Hamas side now dead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Mullah Omar and Osama bin Laden in one person. Life expectancy... couple weeks?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Mullah Omar and Osama bin Laden in one person. Life expectancy... couple weeks?

Life expectancy likely aided a little by the local scenery which usually includes live Israeli hostages very near him

He's on my DDP team - however predictable this development I'm assuming unnatural death points apply if they land munitions on his head

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Life expectancy likely aided a little by the local scenery which usually includes live Israeli hostages very near him

He's on my DDP team - however predictable this development I'm assuming unnatural death points apply if they land munitions on his head

Surely at this point given his profession and beliefs, it would be a pretty natural death...

12 minutes ago, Comped said:

Surely at this point given his profession and beliefs, it would be a pretty natural death...

Aye, but there's precedents - political assassinations usually attract the bonus and, in any case, it's not like those of us picking him at the end of last year knew he'd be promoted!

On 15/07/2024 at 20:05, drol said:

IDF are now reporting Mohammed Deif has died. Hamas has denied, but it would be a huge blow to them.

5 weeks on and zero change on the above situation so editors on Wiki have restored him to living status.

Let's be honest, if he was dead Hamas would have confirmed it by now – they have done with every other senior commander killed. No DDP points for whoever selected him.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

5 weeks on and zero change on the above situation so editors on Wiki have restored him to living status.

Let's be honest, if he was dead Hamas would have confirmed it by now – they have done with every other senior commander killed. No DDP points for whoever selected him.

I have emailed Hamas, explained my DDP predicament and asked for proof of life verification.   I'll let you know if they get back to me.

• Haha 7