Just glancing out the window at the early morning traffic, I cannot see a single English flag fluttering from various chavs cars. Does this mean we are out? Is it all over? Can we get back to normal life now?

Incidentally, I think we should support Portugal now as they are the only country that we have never been at war with. 700 years of entent cordial.

This chap will be happy,

ssheet_gdad.jpg

Currently residing in Lisbon and no doubt having enjoyed recent Portugal Day celebrations.

you know what, f*ck Portugal. A bunch of cheating, rolling around on the ground like they've been shot, imaginary card-waving tossers. Them winning the WC would set football back even further than the Greeks winning Euro 2004 did. How about a team that plays the game properly, doesn't dive, doesn't time waste, actually tries to score goals. I guess that just about means a France - Germany final.

you know what, f*ck Portugal. A bunch of cheating, rolling around on the ground like they've been shot, imaginary card-waving tossers.

At least Rooney got to stomp on his testicles. That Italian Git that took a last-second dive should have had his stomped on, twisted off and shoved up his Azzurri.

At least Rooney got to stomp on his testicles. That Italian Git that took a last-second dive should have had his stomped on, twisted off and shoved up his Azzurri.

:banghead:

Would that forza him to abandon such tactics?

regards,

Hein

you know what, f*ck Portugal. A bunch of cheating, rolling around on the ground like they've been shot, imaginary card-waving tossers. Them winning the WC would set football back even further than the Greeks winning Euro 2004 did. How about a team that plays the game properly, doesn't dive, doesn't time waste, actually tries to score goals. I guess that just about means a France - Germany final.

Well said.

Just what my earlier, rather sad attempts at sarcasm were meant say. I think I'll give up sarcasm.

Does Clive Dunn's eyesight still allow him to follow a football match on telly? Could be a frustrating night tomorrow if it doesn't.

Does Clive Dunn's eyesight still allow him to follow a football match on telly? Could be a frustrating night tomorrow if it doesn't.

I would expect Dunny, like most other people with eye problems have heard of the radio , MPFC.... :banghead:

(and I used to live near where he lives, they either have their own english language sports station or they can pick up BBC World Service, so he wouldn't have to listen in Portuguese.)

For what it's worth I have remained utterly virgin in all matters football related during the World Cup. haven't watched a moment of it and would have to say that I am far from sick as a parrot about it.

Two good things ahve come from the English teams stunted campaign. I did like the News of the World headline on Sunday morning-"Tortu-gal".

Also liked Beckham's analysis of the draw against Sweeden- "We would have done better if we had kicked it more". The man is a genius.

Glad this thread is thriving.

For what it's worth I have remained utterly virgin in all matters football related during the World Cup. haven't watched a moment of it and would have to say that I am far from sick as a parrot about it.

Two good things ahve come from the English teams stunted campaign. I did like the News of the World headline on Sunday morning-"Tortu-gal".

Also liked Beckham's analysis of the draw against Sweeden- "We would have done better if we had kicked it more". The man is a genius.

Glad this thread is thriving.

Yes, a genius who is now very unlikely to pick up a knighthood. :D

WOW!!!!!!!!

What a match!! I don't think anybody could begrudge Italy their place in the World Cup Final. That was 120 minutes of electrifying stuff. Shame there had to be a loser.

Fantastic game by the referee, and it affected the game. Sweeping moves all the time, constant attacking play, terrific.

Let's hope France get through tomorrow - it'll be a cracker of a final.

Great goal celebration by Grosso too.

Oh.. and I get £700 for Italy reaching the final. If only my DDP selections were as good as my football betting selections. :D

Oh.. and I get £700 for Italy reaching the final.

Lucky you. I just lost a tidy sum on that game :D

The best World Cup finals match in 20 years.

Surely the Italians will win the World Cup...

A match to restore anyone's faith in the beautiful game!

Whoever wins, there will be a lot of shrugging & crying.

I watched the first half of the England v Portugal game but for the second half I had been handed a really good salmon beat so went fishing instead, got in to a big fish that broke me. It was that kind of evening.

It was always going to end in tears with a sending off + pens. You could have written the script. The shame is this team had (and still have) so much potential. Only Beckham and Neville will be over the hill next time around. I wonder what the odds are on England for the next Euro Championships and World Cup double?

Well, another bloody prediction gone arse over tit. Only 2 more chances, so here we go. Germany 3 Portugal 1. (time to rush out and get your cash on portugal winning 2-0)

What I did on my summer holiday

By Theo Walcott Esq aged 8 1/2

I went to a place called Germany with my Uncle

Sven and some

other grown up's. It is a country in Europe where a

bad man called

Adolf used to live with

his nazties, he does not live there anymore, Uncle

Owen does

live there, and the grown up's say I cant talk about

the bad man as

it will make Uncle Owen

cry if I do. In Germany there are lots of castles

and some

mountains. We are staying in a place called Baden

Baden that's a

silly name, Uncle Frank has the same name as his dad,

that's silly

too, his mum must get their underpants mixed up all

the time.

On the aeroplane Uncle Sol sat next to me, he got me

some

toffee and wants to be my friend, he works at the

place where I do

my YTS, so does Uncle Freddy but him and Uncle Sol are

not best

friends anymore.

Uncle Owen met us at the airport, he talks foreign,

Uncle

Wayne, Uncle Steven and Uncle David also talk funny,

my mum says

Uncle David talks like Orville, he is a duck, Uncle

Sol say's uncle

David wears dresses and knickers, and asked me if I

had ever worn

them. Uncle Sol got me some pop.

In Germany the grown ups are going to play football,

my

grandad says we beat them in the olden days before my

mum was born.

That is a long time ago.

While the grown up's went to play football so I went

shopping

with Auntie Vicky and some other girls she bought me a

big ice cream

and got herself a little one but she said she was full

before she

had eaten any and threw it away. She bought lots of

shoes and

handbags and let me play with Brooklyn. She say's she

used to be in

a pop band and sang me one of her songs, I think she

was telling

fibs.

I told Uncle Sol about my day out with Vicky and he

sulked,

then he bought me an even bigger ice cream with lots

of hundred's and

thousands on it.

All the other grown up's have a girlfriend except

Uncle Sol so

he plays with me while they go out. Uncle Sven says I

must keep

Uncle Sol happy, that's why I got taken on holiday.

The grown up's went to play Football against somebody

called

Sweden, Uncle Sol was crying as Uncle Freddy played

for them and

would not talk to him. Uncle Sol bought me lots of

toffee today and

some crisps. Uncle Sven is from Sweden and I heard him

on the phone

to their boss last night. Uncle Michael hurt his knee

and had to go

home to his mum for a plaster. Uncle Peter is a giant,

a proper

giant like you see in books, he is rubbish at football

though.

Uncle Wayne had a sore toe at the start of out

holiday but it

got better so they let him play football. Uncle Sol

got me a present

but I do not like it. He says all Germans wear leather

underpants

and I should while we are here, they are too tight for

me.

All the grown up's started to call Uncle Wayne a

potato head

who stood on somebodys spuds. He got shouted at by the

referee. They

are all saying that

we have to go home now. Uncle Sol was crying again and

I had

to sit on his knee to make him stop. He had his mobile

phone in his

pocket, I think.

:lol:

:D

:lol: excellent, dr h - top man. though i would like to point out for all libel lawyers out there that uncle sol has had several (short-lived) girlfriends and also has a paternity-tested son. and did not leave spurs because they sold stefan freund while uncle sol and uncle stefan were majoring in greek studies.

honest.

Are you telling me that there are homosexuals playing professional football in England? I find this very difficult to believe. After all the Professional Footballer's Association only has a few thousand members.

If it is true, or just tittle-tattle, lets hope that Sol Campbell and whoever, cope with these 'accusations' a little better than Justin Fashanu, who was the only other homosexual footballer to have played in England.

To aside, I once employed a man who admitted amongst other things, to liking 'country and western' music, that he thought that each country has its own moon, and that homosexuality was invented in the 1930's in English public schools. Which goes to show, there's nought so queer as folk.

Sol isn't gay. He does however like 40 year old mingers.

If it is gay footballers you seek, look at Everton's midfield, a former Italian at Chelsea, an young ex Arsenal winger now with Birmingham (I think) and a black tv pundit who speaks perfect english.....

Sol isn't gay. He does however like 40 year old mingers.

He'd better stay away from West Cumbria on a Saturday night, he'd struggle to keep his kecks on!

Are you telling me that there are homosexuals playing professional football in England? I find this very difficult to believe. After all the Professional Footballer's Association only has a few thousand members.

;)

Statistics suggest that about five percent of the population is homosexual, so one would expect about a hundred gay members in that Association.

I can't recall any Dutch footballers who are openly gay, but there must be several closet ones. There's no lack of rumours, e.g. about Dennis Bergkamp, but allegations are firmly denied, including court cases for libel.

I know that two Dutch football referees were or are openly homosexual: Ignace van Swieten (1943 – 2005) and John Blankenstein.

Edit to add: A web search taught me that one Dutch footballer came out after retiring from football: Wensley Ton, who played for Dutch second division club Helmond Sport

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

Well, another bloody prediction gone arse over tit. Only 2 more chances, so here we go. Germany 3 Portugal 1. (time to rush out and get your cash on portugal winning 2-0)

Bravo HCW! I hope you had lots of money on that one!

clap2.gifclap.gifclap2.gifclap.gifclap2.gif

Bravo HCW! I hope you had lots of money on that one!

clap2.gifclap.gifclap2.gifclap.gifclap2.gif

Thanks Captain, not a penny/€uro/cent. dammit, story of my life ;) .

Never mind, how about a prediction for the big final, erm....... France 2 - Italy 2 aet, France to win on penalties.

What does everyone else think?

Never mind, how about a prediction for the big final, erm....... France 2 - Italy 2 aet, France to win on penalties.

What does everyone else think?

Italy 3 (Pirlo, Totti (p), Gattusso) France 1 (Henry). France to have Abidal sent off.

oh slave, you just don't get the joking about gay footballers, do you? what happened to justin fashanu was appalling - the man had the guts to be honest about who he was, and he was crucified by the press and by opposition fans. the reason he got it so badly was because of those cowards who hide behind 'beards'. those who go out of their way to deny who the are. those are the people deserving of ridicule. when questioned about the press accusations on ashley cole, the great arsene wenger replied that he didn't care what they did in private, as long as they performed on the pitch. well, sol blew that one, didn't he? and he's not the only one. those people who hide are an insult to every gay person in every walk of life who has fought so hard against predjudice. i will accept, however, that without the context of knowing someone's views on other matters, those jokes could be open to misinterpretation such as yours, and i'll bear that in mind.

on a lighter note - portugal may have lost, but at least they showed there's a little more to them than gamesmanship. so i was one place out on the final... i still think france can win if it's in normal time, but the fitness and age would make a lot of difference come extra time. still, at least having got that wrong i can now face the coming season in peace, and not take up the promise of preofessional gambling.

O's first home game of the season? millwall... oh dear...