As if award shows on the TV were not bad enough, I wonder how John Boyega feels about being the 'token' black winner at the BAFTAs tonight.

All credibility gone when people win by skin colour rather than talent.

As if award shows on the TV were not bad enough, I wonder how John Boyega feels about being the 'token' black winner at the BAFTAs tonight.

All credibility gone when people win by skin colour rather than talent.

I'm recording it to watch later but according to Radio Times Sidney Potter Sidney Poitier Harry Belafonte is receiving a lifetime achievement award.

Now 2.40am, im feeling like shite and ive come downstairs, stuck the TV on and found that Tony Blackburn has been sacked.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Now 2.40am, im feeling like shite and ive come downstairs, stuck the TV on and found that Tony Blackburn has been sacked.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So is it that you're not feeling well and awake at 2:40 or that Tony Blackburn has been sacked that's got you riled up?

• Like 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So is it that you're not feeling well and awake at 2:40 or that Tony Blackburn has been sacked that's got you riled up?

Feeling unwell, Tony being sacked has not given me man flu but its SO UNFAIR!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Feeling unwell, Tony being sacked has not given me man flu but its SO UNFAIR!!!!!

I thought Tony was the only one left out of the Radio 1/TOTP crowd that wasn't involved in all of that.

Hope you're feeling better though.

• Like 1

Probably mentioned before but - cold callers.

My dad and I have the same name, so when I answer it's always the same.

"Hello, is that Mr...."

Me: "Which one?"

"Mr..."

Me: Which one are you looking for?"

(At this point, the savvy ones say the homeowner, the ones who don't understand that there can be two adults in the same house with the same surname continue on like this).

"Mr Willz ...."

(Louder, like they are talking to a simpleton) "MR WILLZ...."

Me: "Yes, which Willz...are you looking for?"

(Loudest) "MR....WILLZ....."

Me: There's more than one here, which one? If you don't know who you are calling, I'm putting the phone down."

*click*

Just had one there. I have a football whistle for the more persistent ones.

• Like 1

"Hello, is that Mr...."

"Mr..."

(At this point, the savvy ones say the homeowner, the ones who don't understand that there can be two adults in the same house with the same surname continue on like this).

"Mr Willz ...."

Me: There's more than one here, which one? If you don't know who you are calling, I'm putting the phone down."

*click*

Depending on where the list was obtained from, they should be given the first name. I hated cold calling.

"Hello, is that Mr...."

"Mr..."

"Mr Willz ...."

*click*

Depending on where the list was obtained from, they should be given the first name. I hated cold calling.

Just had another one. Generally there's at least three in one day (which I've had already), let's see if I can break the record (dad's on holiday, he he).

• Like 1

Cancer

Cancer

Are you okay, what's up?

Cancer

Are you okay, what's up?

Another friend diagnosed with Stage IV. She's awaiting results of blood tests to determine treatment.

Actually correct that, been an update that she's completed her first round of chemo.

Here's her at her best during a competition. Along with her husband, she taught swing dancing, and ran the local sock hops.

Shannon-and-Bill1.jpg

• Like 2

Cancer

Are you okay, what's up?

Another friend diagnosed with Stage IV. She's awaiting results of blood tests to determine treatment.

Sorry to hear that, I hope her chemotherapy goes well.

Given 1 in 3 people are diagnosed with cancer in their lives, it's one of the few diseases that directly affects us all. That doesn't make it any easier when it happens though.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your friend.

• Like 1

<snipped>

*click*

It hasn't happened in about ten years, but to some I sound really young on the phone. I would get:

Cold Caller: "Hello, is your mother there?"

Me: "My mother is deceased."

Cold Caller: "Uhm...oh...What about your father?"

Me: "I don't have a dad."

Usually they hang up at this point. One persistent caller, tried (with a snarky tone): "May I speak to Mrs. Random, then?"

Me: "Mrs. Random WAS my mother."

With caller ID I just don't answer unknown callers now or answer and quickly hang up.

• Like 2

<snipped>

*click*

It hasn't happened in about ten years, but to some I sound really young on the phone. I would get:

Usually they hang up at this point. One persistent caller, tried (with a snarky tone): "May I speak to Mrs. Random, then?"

With caller ID I just don't answer unknown callers now or answer and quickly hang up.

One of my friends just shouts 'fuck off' or 'bollocks' and hangs up on them.

<snipped>

*click*

One of my friends just shouts 'fuck off' or 'bollocks' and hangs up on them.

Come on, admit it, one of your 'friends' is really YOU!! :D

• Like 4

Cold callers I can tolerate, they're just trying to do a job after all, and I find a polite 'not interested' usually suffices.

It's the scammers who pretend to be from Microsoft or 'my ISP' who insist on telling me I have a virus on my PC that really get me.

Had one earlier this week claiming to be from 'your internet provider Talk Talk'. I'm not with Talk Talk, so I told him so, and he then asked who my provider was. Despite my insistence that if he was calling from my internet provider, he should know who it was, he persisted on asking repeatedly, until he hung up. No doubt he'll be back trying different ISPs until he stumbles on the correct one, at which time I'll engage him with more time-wasting circuitous banter.

• Like 2

If I'm in a :evil2: mood and have time to spare, I pretend to be a slightly deaf and dotty old dear.

"Windows? Oooh no thank you dear, we had new windows last year. We were thinking about having a conservatory though. Do you do conservatories? Can you send me a brochure?"

I can easily keep this going until they hang up on me.

• Like 3

The American take on Geordie, some Irish/Scottish half-breed who knows a few dozen geordie slang words is apparently sufficient for american TV.

My plan to write an entire TV series in geordie dialect might actually be seriously reviewed following that abomination.

The American take on Geordie, some Irish/Scottish half-breed who knows a few dozen geordie slang words is apparently sufficient for american TV.

My plan to write an entire TV series in geordie dialect might actually be seriously reviewed following that abomination.

Must try harder. (Not you, Deathray)

Feeling like your life is suddenly turning into the opening segment of one of those films where the persons life absolutely falls apart but knowing there's absolutely no chance of repairing half the damage, and the rest is going to take an insane amount of work on your part...