Toasters,

why in this age of incredible scientific innovation does it appear impossible to find a toaster that evenly toasts a piece of bread.

I've tried numerous different toasters, but I've yet to find one that gives a nice even browning of the bread, you either get completely burnt, completely underdone, or burnt in parts & underdone on the rest of the slice.

Only when this problem is solved can we truly claim to be living in a golden age.

• Like 3

My laptop needed service today. It was only supposed to take 20 minutes so I made my way over to IT with a book to read while I waited. The IT guys and I started talking cars. It turned out we all owned Volkswagens (GTI, cc and two Tiguans). Service took longer than 20 minutes to fix the laptop problem but I had a great time.

The head of VW UK has stated that UK owners will get no compo in regards to the Diesel emissions scandal.

My car is actually affected as its got a VW Diesel engine, not that I give a shit TBH but, once again, the Yanks will get a windfall in compo and Europe will get fuck all.

Wankers.

Diesel isn't common in my neck of the woods. I asked my sales-guy about it (I bought my Tiguan in June) and he advised against diesel as it was more for drivers with a long commute. Mine is relatively short at 25 minutes. I did get an apology letter from the dealership owner after the scandal broke even though I don't have a diesel.

Toasters,

why in this age of incredible scientific innovation does it appear impossible to find a toaster that evenly toasts a piece of bread.

I've tried numerous different toasters, but I've yet to find one that gives a nice even browning of the bread, you either get completely burnt, completely underdone, or burnt in parts & underdone on the rest of the slice.

Only when this problem is solved can we truly claim to be living in a golden age.

Sold a toaster to magnus Magnusson about 20 years ago.

He didn't know what the cancel button was for.

Stuff toasters, buy a toasting fork and do it over the fire.

Toasters,

While we are on the subject, I bought (and get by pretty well) a cheap two slice beuaty which promptly sets off my fire alarm located 15' away. I bitched on FB about this and a handyman cousin of mine informed me that there are special 'kitchen' fire alarms that eliminate detecting the ions the toaster puts out. So special in fact that instead of $6 they are $30 or summat. So 7 years later I still waive a broom at my fire alarm whilst making a slice of toast.

So up yours, toaster makers, and a two-finger salute to fire alarm makers as well!

SC

Guest Italo Barberio

Oh no.... A stone is due... Hopefully a past Stone..... There I said ut

Toasters,

While we are on the subject, I bought (and get by pretty well) a cheap two slice beuaty which promptly sets off my fire alarm located 15' away. I bitched on FB about this and a handyman cousin of mine informed me that there are special 'kitchen' fire alarms that eliminate detecting the ions the toaster puts out. So special in fact that instead of $6 they are $30 or summat. So 7 years later I still waive a broom at my fire alarm whilst making a slice of toast.

So up yours, toaster makers, and a two-finger salute to fire alarm makers as well!

SC

I have to take the batteries out of my kitchen smoke alarm when cooking certain things too. The blasted thing carries on shrieking even when I press the reset button. It is not intelligent enough to understand that that means "it's OK, I'm just searing a steak, everything is under control". So that fucker can go into Room 101 as well.

As for toast little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon. I prefer to use the grill.

I don't like toast much, but I love toasters. A nerd friend of mine had one with a microcontroler it used for timing. We hacked it. Now we could set the operation time to the second. That didn't improve the toast, though,

If you don't like toast, isn't it a tiny bit optimistic to expect "new improved timed to the second toast" to massively alter your opinion?

Personally I love the stuff, can't get enough of it.

Toasters,

Did you not tell him 'Its started so it will finish?

• Like 4

No, it was the back of nine on a Saturday morning, I was still half cut so the hangover had still to kick in.

I did manage 'pass' though, and it earned a withering look :)

• Like 3

I managed to smoke-log my apartment once by grilling instead of roasting my pork steaks. The smoke alarm was wired into the mains, so removing batteries wasn't an option.

I silenced it by tieing a plastic bag around it.

(If you do this, I take no responsibility if you forget to remove it when you've finished cooking though.)

I only found out recently that the number on a toast dial is how many minutes it will toast for.

Some of the dials used to go to '10' so good luck wae that...

Ahem

toast-smiley-emoticon-emoji.gif

My dad has a Russell Hobbs big chrome toaster. Even browning of bread even with two different thicknesses of slice. Highly recommended.

My dad has a Russell Hobbs big chrome toaster. Even browning of bread even with two different thicknesses of slice. Highly recommended.

I don't have the toaster, but I have a Russel Hobbs kettle. I've had it for 25 years. I still remember the look on the wasband's face when I picked the kettle over the food processor.

I've got a Smeg toaster (RRP £100). I won it in a competition. It's still in the box.

I've got a Smeg toaster (RRP £100). I won it in a competition. It's still in the box.

How can anybody buy something that shares the same name ( slang) for a mans cock cheese???????

eBay that shit man.

Nah, they take too much commission, and you have to pay Paypal as well. I might give it to somebody as a wedding present or something.

How can anybody buy something that shares the same name ( slang) for a mans cock cheese???????

This is one of the great mysteries of modern life.

• Like 2

eBay that shit man.

Nah, they take too much commission, and you have to pay Paypal as well. I might give it to somebody as a wedding present or something.

This is one of the great mysteries of modern life.

Unravel it Toastie, unravel it!! :D

It's Italian. Who knew?

Smeg is an Italian manufacturer of upmarket domestic appliances. Vittorio Bertazzoni founded the company in 1948 in the village of Guastalla, Reggio Emilia, Italy. The name is an acronym for Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla ("Emilian metallurgical enamel works of Guastalla").

But the ever-helpful Wikipedia has even more for us:

Smeg may refer to:

• Like 1

He's a smeeeeg heeeeead! Ah well that's my favourite use of it anyway. Wonder if toastie the toaster was a smeg....

He's a smeeeeg heeeeead! Ah well that's my favourite use of it anyway. Wonder if toastie the toaster was a smeg....

Toastie was a Crapola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

• Like 1