3 hours ago, drol said:

My cat has passed away quite suddenly. I know it is not fitting for a grown man but I am crying my guts out at the moment.

Any decent grown man would cry in the circumstances Drol - very sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your cat; must be a terrible shock for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets often feel like part of the family, or more so than the actual humans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A man should not have a cat Drol.

Lesson in Life.

*if it was its guts, string a racquet.....'Win'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, drol said:

My cat has passed away quite suddenly. I know it is not fitting for a grown man but I am crying my guts out at the moment.

Fitting? It's perfectly fitting. Take care of yourself. I am very sorry.

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2017 at 23:43, Toast said:

Royal Mail prices.

Working out how much it will cost to send something in a padded envelope.  Conclusion is it will be £1.30 first class, or £1.22 second class.

Does anyone have a clue what first and second class stamps cost since they stopped putting the prices on?

First class is 65p.  Two first class stamps come to £1.30.  Makes sense.  But I only have one.

Second class is 56p.  Do two of those make £1.22?

No they do not.

They come to £1.12.

Who the FUCK decided it was a good idea to charge more than the price of two stamps?

And to add insult to injury, if I use my single first class stamp with one of my second class ones it comes to -

£1.21

:rant:

Once you have paid, my local sorting office chucks everything in one pile so I doubt it matters a bit whether you go for first or second.

19 hours ago, drol said:

Very sorry for you. There is no shame whatsoever in being upset. It shows you are human with feelings, and not a cunt. My old man cried like a child for hours after we had one of ours put to sleep earlier this year. Animals do become part of your family. 

21 hours ago, drol said:

Sorry for the loss of your kitty Drol. Please honor the memory of your dear cat by donating to a charity which helps cats. Hope when your heart is ready and if you can afford it and have the time, please adopt a new friend, a kitty in need of a good home or even a hard to place `senior cat`. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Once you have paid, my local sorting office chucks everything in one pile so I doubt it matters a bit whether you go for first or second.

Oh, I know that, Lardy, I wasn't bothered about it, it's a very small price difference anyway. 

The annoyance is that the second class price is a penny more than the two stamps together.  They seem to have no trouble fishing out the underpaid ones.

Drol - Sorry to hear your news, it's natural to grieve on losing a pet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Sorry for the loss of your kitty Drol. Please honor the memory of your dear cat by donating to a charity which helps cats. Hope when your heart is ready and if you can afford it and have the time, please adopt a new friend, a kitty in need of a good home or even a hard to place `senior cat`. 

Well, I still have another cat, 11-year old, which seems to be in fairly good health. The cat I lost was only three and passed away suddenly. It was vey affectionate and fond, did not remember it sorting out its claws. Life goes on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Well, I still have another cat, 11-year old, which seems to be in fairly good health. The cat I lost was only three and passed away suddenly. It was vey affectionate and fond, did not remember it sorting out its claws. Life goes on.

That is too young. Could the cat have been poisened? Sometimes neighbors set out prison to kill rodents and cats accidently eat it. Glad you still have another cat.

1 minute ago, theoldlady said:

That is too young. Could the cat have been poisened? Sometimes neighbors set out prison to kill rodents and cats accidently eat it. Glad you still have another cat.

Some years ago I had thirteen cats and a neighbour poisoned all of them in a two/three days, except one (the one who is still with me). No proof against the bastard but he kows I know. Anyway this time it seems the cat was not poisoned, just had a heart attack or something like that.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Some years ago I had thirteen cats and a neighbour poisoned all of them in a two/three days, except one (the one who is still with me). No proof against the bastard but he kows I know. Anyway this time it seems the cat was not poisoned, just had a heart attack or something like that.

That is terrible and evil. Poor cats. That is a hard way to die. Hope you hiss ( like a cat) at that neighbor everytime you see him. Pyschological warfare is the way to go.

Thank you British Telecom. We have had no Broadband service since Thursday and despite originally being told it would be fixed on Saturday we have now been told no service until Christmas Day. 

Bastards.

The people who buy a ridiculous number of tickets for the pub raffle and therefore win most of the prizes.  Well done for spending like £150 on a bunch of things that cost maybe a fifth of that.   Happens every bloody year.  Twats. 

50 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Thank you British Telecom. We have had no Broadband service since Thursday and despite originally being told it would be fixed on Saturday we have now been told no service until Christmas Day. 

Bastards.

Similar problem, different outcome. Called BT on Saturday telling them no broadband. They arranged for an engineer to come out this morning. Broadband up and running. 

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Bastards.

((SHHHHHH............Get onto them and raise a 'Chairmans office complaint'  as 1) They did not repair when they stated and 2) Christmas Day is several days too long to wait ))

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

The people who buy a ridiculous number of tickets for the pub raffle and therefore win most of the prizes.  Well done for spending like £150 on a bunch of things that cost maybe a fifth of that.   Happens every bloody year.  Twats. 

Not into the spirit of Christmas this year are you Toastie.:lol:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No EE for 5 weeks here LFN.....can't progress a complaint when they say nothing wrong......

6 minutes ago, charon said:

No EE for 5 weeks here LFN.....can't progress a complaint when they say nothing wrong......

You talking about you landline internet connection?

Landline ? Bwahahahaha :D

• Haha 1

Room 101:  Giving your teenage son driving lessons.

That trail of stress-related vomit down our A road is mine ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Room 101:  Giving your teenage son driving lessons.

That trail of stress-related vomit down our A road is mine ^^

This is why you pay a pro. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

This is why you pay a pro. 

Aye he has two hours with a pro every week (a mere fifty quid)....jebbus another reason to wang it in Room 101.

Gay Dating after divorce.

Between Grindr and whatever the latest ap is this week, I’m confused.

God I miss the old days of the gay pubs. Pulling, Alcohol and bad judgements. :D 

• Haha 1

Can't narrow down Ebay searches to less than 50 miles from home now.   Drop-down menu gives 2, 5, 10, 15 and 25 miles but the damn thing constantly defaults to 50 miles.

The term 'snowflake' when used by utter cunts.

• Like 1