Lol good luck lardy.

* perspective.

3 grand would've got you top of the High Street brands for the then equivalent tech..... 25 years ago.

First Toshiba 33" 100 hertz job was £1,500 in 93 I think, decent pro logic kit £5/600, DVD £4/500 when they first arrived, decent vcr was the same, stands etc would've made up the 3 grand.

We should have a tech thread...

We bought (what we thought was) the best we could with the money we had. Two grand might not be much to some but it is to us. 

No, wasn't my gist lardy.

More about the advances in tech in certain areas.

A basic washing machine hasn't really changed in price/spec/reliability for example in the last 25 years,  but brown goods have advanced greatly.

Televisions/computers/phones have really been innovated, and the cost remains the same, if not slashed.

• Like 1

Makes me happy I've never paid for a TV in my adult life tbh.

• Like 2

Haven't had one since 2007...

• Like 2

On 11/02/2018 at 01:03, Toast said:

I just bought a new telly.  From Richer Sounds.  Didn't even look at Currys.

Amusingly I got an email from Richers today.  (The big red words are how it appeared, not my emphasis)

It has come to our attention that you may have been accidentally given the wrong 43” LG TV when you purchased with us recently.

Don’t worry! We are not looking to charge you any extra and you can of course keep the TV 

The reason for this email is that we want to make sure your free 6 year guarantee has been registered correctly.

I have got the right TV, but it sounds like they thought I might have been given a more expensive one.  

I did go to the shop for it, although I could have ordered online and they do free delivery.  I like Richers because they are a genuinely independent company, and customer service is important to them.  They even pay for your parking costs if you incur any while visiting the shop!

Get your money back from those Currys bastards, Lardy, and try Richer Sounds.  There's one in Bath which would be closest for you.  You can sometimes buy cheaper elsewhere, but they do give you an included 6 year warranty so no hidden costs.

(oh, and I got a tenner knocked off the price in the shop for being a cheeky fucker)

There are no longer walnuts on what were previously known as Walnut Whips!!!

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

:angry:

I can remember when there used to be a walnut inside as well as on the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Is this a belated April Fool?

1 hour ago, Toast said:

:angry:

I can remember when there used to be a walnut inside as well as on the top.

Pah. I can remember when there was an actual whip.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Is this a belated April Fool?

Sadly not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vannilla coke is being discontinued because of the sugar tax. Ffs just charge me more, I'll pay it.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Vannilla coke is being discontinued because of the sugar tax. Ffs just charge me more, I'll pay it.

Hell! Norway always copies Britain and Sweden! Let`s hope the tax mongers in Norway don`t find out about this. Cream Soda (and Cherry Coke) are wonderful. Very sad indeed for all of you.

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Hell! Norway always copies Britain and Sweden! Let`s hope the tax mongers in Norway don`t find out about this. Cream Soda (and Cherry Coke) are wonderful. Very sad indeed for all of you.

They only brought it back a little while ago as well as it got discontinued over something else for a good few years. It's one of the few variants of coke that I buy regularly. Might have to import it. 

I have a lovely chemist shop near me , but when the old stomach is a bit dodgy ( lamb which I should have chucked out rather than eat it cold) the look I got when I asked for Kaolin and Morphine you’d think I was a drug addict.

Instead I get some pink rubbish called Pepto Bismol. It’s not working. I want hard drugs ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philheybrookbay said:

I have a lovely chemist shop near me , but when the old stomach is a bit dodgy ( lamb which I should have chucked out rather than eat it cold) the look I got when I asked for Kaolin and Morphine you’d think I was a drug addict.

Instead I get some pink rubbish called Pepto Bismol. It’s not working. I want hard drugs ;) 

Try a mixture of port and brandy, that's good for dodgy tummies. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

No, you want a good shit.

Trust me between the lamb and that Pepto there was nothing left in my body to have a shit. :( 

On 02/04/2018 at 08:07, Deathray said:

However my local Sainsbury is selling Diet Coke Mango....

Sounds vile I must confess.

• Like 1

ngl, I'm a big fan of Diet Coke Mango. 

The cherry flavour, not so much. Like a slightly flat cherry vodka + coke someone's dumped four tablespoons of cinnamon in.

On 02/04/2018 at 08:07, Deathray said:

I agree these health taxes are out of control. It now costs £12 to buy a box of fags how the fuck am i going to afford that?

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

I agree these health taxes are out of control. It now costs £12 to buy a box of fags how the fuck am i going to afford that?

Your 18. You have absolutely no excuse for smoking in the first place.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Your 18. You have absolutely no excuse for smoking in the first place.

I'm 17

• Thanks 1

Anyone that says ‘box’ of fags deserves to choke to death.:D