Also, people who indicate for a corner and then change their mind as they come to the turn off. Someone did that today making me look like an idiot waiting to cross the road with no cars coming. :( It was a woman driver. :banghead:

I agree with Windsor here, we are far too tolerant in this country of bad drivers. False indicators should be pulled out of their cars and beheaded at the side of the road, that would teach them not to do it again.

Beheading? Pah! That's no use, they'd only clamber back into their Morris Minors and carry on blithely with their false-indicating shenanigans. The only way is to hang, draw and quarter them and feed their entrails to the wolves.

:blink: Beheading is not supposed to to be used to punish something frivolous like false indicating! You have to save it for the worst offenses. Like driving an SUV. Or using a certain font. I have to agree with our foundling father 'Arry on this one , just draw and quarter them.

Maybe they should be drawn, then have their entrails handed back to them, before they are quartered, because, well, I changed my mind. Sorry.

There's a lesson for them in there somewhere.

Also, people who indicate for a corner and then change their mind as they come to the turn off. Someone did that today making me look like an idiot waiting to cross the road with no cars coming. :( It was a woman driver. :banghead:

I agree with Windsor here, we are far too tolerant in this country of bad drivers. False indicators should be pulled out of their cars and beheaded at the side of the road, that would teach them not to do it again.

Beheading? Pah! That's no use, they'd only clamber back into their Morris Minors and carry on blithely with their false-indicating shenanigans. The only way is to hang, draw and quarter them and feed their entrails to the wolves.

:blink: Beheading is not supposed to to be used to punish something frivolous like false indicating! You have to save it for the worst offenses. Like driving an SUV. Or using a certain font. I have to agree with our foundling father 'Arry on this one , just draw and quarter them.

Alternatively, we could just find out where they live and let down their tyres, or scratch their car or something...

People who leave their free evening newspapers on the Underground when they're done with them. Ever got on the tube at say 8 p.m. on a week night? It's like riding in a paper-filled trash container. Except with musical backwash piped in if there's some witless grebo listening to box beats at volume 11 on his iPod sat next to you.

When's 'Arry introducing the portable draw and quartering kit?

I just feel like reminding people again how much I hate bonsai trees. Just saw a picture of the disgusting, freakish things and need to rage somewhere.

I will be consigning what I tend to describe as, "pre-stabbed", 11 year old boys to the depths of Room 101. I went to the park with my daughter and friend earlier. The little bastards wouldn't let them go on the tyre swing - not once. I couldn't go mental you understand as I had the baby with me and had to restrain myself.

I especially hate that I have turned into an old person shocked at how the youth of today have no respect.

Then again, I'm sure Windsor was complaining about this sort of thing at least four years ago wink.png

Then again, I'm sure Windsor was complaining about this sort of thing at least four years ago ;)

Windsor was complaining about this sort of thing in the cradle.

;)

Then again, I'm sure Windsor was complaining about this sort of thing at least four years ago ;)

;)

Haha - I hate gobby little bastards.

As a matter of fact, I too confronted a couple of silly kids tonight.

I was walking the dog as usual. There were two girls, one of whom was acting up at the other side of the road. She then decided to walk across the road and intentionally walked pretty slowly into the way of a Jeep.

On Friday a 12 year old local boy was hit by a car as he got of the school bus, and I was enraged that this girl was being so flippant about road safety. So I started walking faster as a means to catch up to give her a telling off. As I was catching up she was mucking about on the pavement and her friend was basically preventing her from going on the road. Cars were slowing down as they past the two.

When I caught up she turned as I was right behind her and she screamed in my face. She then got a shock when I stopped in front of her and said "Haven't you done road safety in school?" As you can imagine the smile quickly vanished from her face. She then asked what I was speaking about and I told her that I saw her walk right infront of a Jeep. She denied it but her friend - who was embarrased by her friend's behaviour - said that she did.

I then informed her that a 12 year old boy had just been killed due to a road traffic accident and asked her how her family would feel if she found herself in a traffic accident.

I then ended the conversation saying, "Watch what you are doing on the roads because if you carry on like this you're going to end up dead". With that I walked away.

That was Windsor vs 12 year old girl. ;) I'm probably due a punching from her parents now for telling their kid off.

;)

Haha - I hate gobby little bastards.

As a matter of fact, I too confronted a couple of silly kids tonight.

I was walking the dog as usual. There were two girls, one of whom was acting up at the other side of the road. She then decided to walk across the road and intentionally walked pretty slowly into the way of a Jeep.

On Friday a 12 year old local boy was hit by a car as he got of the school bus, and I was enraged that this girl was being so flippant about road safety. So I started walking faster as a means to catch up to give her a telling off. As I was catching up she was mucking about on the pavement and her friend was basically preventing her from going on the road. Cars were slowing down as they past the two.

When I caught up she turned as I was right behind her and she screamed in my face. She then got a shock when I stopped in front of her and said "Haven't you done road safety in school?" As you can imagine the smile quickly vanished from her face. She then asked what I was speaking about and I told her that I saw her walk right infront of a Jeep. She denied it but her friend - who was embarrased by her friend's behaviour - said that she did.

I then informed her that a 12 year old boy had just been killed due to a road traffic accident and asked her how her family would feel if she found herself in a traffic accident.

I then ended the conversation saying, "Watch what you are doing on the roads because if you carry on like this you're going to end up dead". With that I walked away.

That was Windsor vs 12 year old girl. ;) I'm probably due a punching from her parents now for telling their kid off.

I hope you were suitably attired.

greencross2.jpg

Windsor v 12 year old sounds great, go you! The wee scroats need keeping in line.

I'll pay your train fare and a generous fee if you want to sort out the little f***kers. No need to tell HMRC.

Bring your dog for extra fearsomeness!

igfca2cajan653cafkviuactd5.jpg

I will be consigning what I tend to describe as, "pre-stabbed", 11 year old boys to the depths of Room 101.

You'll be glad to know I saw a couple of them being huckled into a police car at the local supermarket tonight, they'd probably been trying to 'liberate' some Buckfast from the shelves ;) .

I don't think this dog would be much use:

doog002.jpg

She'd run away and hide before coming back to my bloodied corpse.

I don't think this dog would be much use:

doog002.jpg

She'd run away and hide before coming back to my bloodied corpse.

Awww, I see what you mean Windsor, but sometimes even the most fearsome dogs 'bottle it' in a confrontation (Click 'Even More Lies' about halfway down, then it's the last story on the page - 'Whit's that smell').

She's gorgeous, W and could be very handy in a fight. Looks like she can "LEAP" anyways.

I'll loan you Mr. Part Cocker, Part Rottweiler:

skipper4.jpg

I'll loan you Mr. Part Cocker, Part Rottweiler:

skipper4.jpg

Bou, I'll be down to sort out those neds as soon as the dog arrives.

You only have to pay for his first class ticket from Texas to Gatwick. Then a connection flight from there to Aberdeen. Then perhaps rail from Aberdeen down to where you live.

There we are - sorted! ;)

Guest Mike Brailsford

Radio stations who cover football matches with the promise of 'You won't miss any of the action / goals'. During commentry, they go 'around the grounds', and what happens, they miss a goal. The guilty parties tend to be Talk Sport and BBC Radio 5 Live. ;)

STEVE : It's 0-0 here at Old Trafford, let's quickly go to John at Villa Park.

JOHN : Blah, blah, blah ..........

STEVE : While you were away its 1-0 to Manchester United .......

Some will say coincidence, but it happens enough to drive me crazy.

Banks or more specifically the Bank of Scotland, or HBOS as it's now known.

Can I add HBOS for a second time? Due to an error, a BACS payment due into my account didn't arrive, leaving it just over £1 short to pay a direct debit, HBOS have bounced the DD and inform me there is no way to override the cancellation even though I spoke to them first thing this morning just as the computer rejected it, plus they will be charging me £35 for this. I could understand if it was something that happened regularly, but I'm never overdrawn and I've never not had enough money in my account to cover outgoing payments. Now I have the pleasure of trying to recover the bank charges from the company who 'forgot' to pay me in the first place, I could scream with frustration ;) .

Can I add HBOS for a second time? Due to an error, a BACS payment due into my account didn't arrive, leaving it just over £1 short to pay a direct debit, HBOS have bounced the DD and inform me there is no way to override the cancellation even though I spoke to them first thing this morning just as the computer rejected it, plus they will be charging me £35 for this. I could understand if it was something that happened regularly, but I'm never overdrawn and I've never not had enough money in my account to cover outgoing payments. Now I have the pleasure of trying to recover the bank charges from the company who 'forgot' to pay me in the first place, I could scream with frustration ;) .

Aren't you allowed to change banks in Scotland, then?

Of course you can, if you have a current valid passport or driving licence, neither of which I have.

35 Quid?!

I thought ridiculously high bank charges had been outlawed in the UK.

Didn't someone take their bank to court a couple of years ago and win, thus forcing all banks to eat humble pie and pay back lots of charges for bounced cheques etc?

There is no reason why the bank could not simply refund the charge to your account.

The important point is to speak to a supervisor and don't get off the phone until they have agreed that it was not your fault and that you should not be penalised and that the charge is therefore unfair and that they would like to keep your business! A certain amount of agression is required, not directed personally at the supervisor but at the system.

Captain's Mate rarely pays charges for such things!

You are not allowed to change from HBOS now. Alex Salmond says.

If you change away from HBOS, that could be deemed unpatriotic and you would be declared a traitor to Scotland. :P

You are not allowed to change from HBOS now. Alex Salmond says.

If you change away from HBOS, that could be deemed unpatriotic and you would be declared a traitor to Scotland. :ph34r:

So I shouldn't expect the two of you to join me at the Bank of America, then? Damn. I was saving seats, too.

My political plotting has backfired again!

Last night I discovered a bebo page set up by people from Fraserburgh called 'Foreigners out'.

It is basically a very racist page whereby the townspeople have decided that if the government won't get rid of immigrants, the people will do it themselves. Anyway, when I was made aware of the page it was decorated in Saltire and Lion Rampant flags with slogans such as 'Scotland is for the Scots'.

Anyway - I thought it was a beautiful display of what Scottish Nationalism was leading to (afterall we are all constituents in Alex Salmond's Banff and Buchan). I copied the link to one of my friends - a journalist with the Fraserburgh Herald - and suggest he write an article on it. He said he would see what he could so. So the article was set up, ready for me to write in the following week blaming the upsurge in Nationalist support for this outright racism.

I checked out the site this morning (membership had already increase by 10) and to my disappointment they had adopted a new skin - the Union Flag. :unsure:

So my plans have backfired in a big way. I can only hope that some of the more patriotic townspeople may oppose the flag and have it changed to support their scottish nationalist identity. Still, the Scotland logo is still there.

(PS. Yes, I know I have too much time on my hands)