Crispy

Michael Jackson

We shall see, BC. Remember what I told you about Steve Fossett.

If Michael Jackson does die within the next year, I will forever leave this site.

Bet on it.

If MJ does die, and I come back to post on this site, the mods can be ban me.

I'm willing to do that.

• Like 1

If Michael Jackson does die within the next year, I will forever leave this site.

Bet on it.

I'm willing to do that.

Even if he gets run over by a car? Or involved in some kind of accident? Or murdered?

Bet on it.

I'm willing to do that.

Even if he gets run over by a car? Or involved in some kind of accident? Or murdered?

Well, I thought this related to Michael Jackson being "gravely ill." That was what I was referring to in my original post.

The intent of my post was to see how "real" these rumors of him being gravely ill were...

Anyway, I'm very confident that the rumors of Jackson's ill health are just rumors. I'm so confident that I'm willing to be permanently banned from this site if it turns out that Jackson does die from his supposed lethal illness. I know many of you don't like my Yankee arse, but yes, I'm putting my Yankee arse on the line just to show much how bulls*it these rumors are.

Again, I will reiterate, MJ has major psychiatric and mental health issues and he needs immediate counseling.

Well, I thought this related to Michael Jackson being "gravely ill." That was what I was referring to in my original post.

I know what you meant.................................. I was just messing with your mind :rolleyes:

I'd also like to add, I'm not one of those that 'doesn't like your Yankee arse'

That depends on what kind of "Yankee" you are referring to. If you refer the original meaning, which was a Native American corruption of "English" and refers to New Englanders, I don't hate you at all. If you refer what it came to mean during the Civil War, which was northerners and Union men, I don't hate you at all. If you refer to the term that is used to describe all Americans (or Yousans if you prefer, Honez), I don't hate you at all. But, sir, if you are a fan of the New York Yankees, then I do hate your Yankee ass (American spelling).

...then I do hate your Yankee ass (American spelling).

Thanks for the colonial clarification. In the UK, we allow our greater wealth of grammar and spelling to differentiate between two words that (vaguely) sound the same.

English vocabulary caters for "ass" and "arse" (just not in the same way). In fact, we even BOTHER to pronouce them differently.....the clue is they are different words, meaning different things.

That must cause all sorts of confusion in middle-USA...."honest. officer, I was only fondling the farmer's wife's ass"...etc

Get over it. After all. we have to deal with Microsoft's insidious dumbing-down and mangling of proper English.

Bet on it.

I'm willing to do that.

That's about ridiculous.

Thanks for the colonial clarification. In the UK, we allow our greater wealth of grammar and spelling to differentiate between two words that (vaguely) sound the same.

English vocabulary caters for "ass" and "arse" (just not in the same way). In fact, we even BOTHER to pronouce them differently.....the clue is they are different words, meaning different things.

That must cause all sorts of confusion in middle-USA...."honest. officer, I was only fondling the farmer's wife's ass"...etc

Get over it. After all. we have to deal with Microsoft's insidious dumbing-down and mangling of proper English.

You are quite welcome for the clarification Terminator. I don't agree that you have any "greater wealth of grammar and spelling" however. My comment was not meant to impugn the UK's different spelling, just to acknowledge the difference. As a matter of fact, I rather like your spelling. I'm sure you are aware that there are many words in English that have different meanings with identical spellings. We who are knowledgeable about the language can discern the intended meaning from the usage in the sentence. It is also the source of much humor (or humour if you prefer). Why should we make value judgments over which spelling is "better" or "correct". Let's just acknowledge our differences and celebrate the richness of our nearly common tongue. That said, YOU get over it and kiss my ass/arse.

You are quite welcome for the clarification Terminator. I don't agree that you have any "greater wealth of grammar and spelling" however. My comment was not meant to impugn the UK's different spelling, just to acknowledge the difference. As a matter of fact, I rather like your spelling. I'm sure you are aware that there are many words in English that have different meanings with identical spellings. We who are knowledgeable about the language can discern the intended meaning from the usage in the sentence. It is also the source of much humor (or humour if you prefer). Why should we make value judgments over which spelling is "better" or "correct". Let's just acknowledge our differences and celebrate the richness of our nearly common tongue. That said, YOU get over it and kiss my ass/arse.

So, which is better - ass or arse? There's only one way to find out........

FIGHT!!*

* For the benefit of our Yankee friends, this is a catchphrase from a popular UK Saturday night light-entertainment show, so you probably won't get it. I don't really mean that the two posters in question should have a real fight. Although, with hindsight, that would probably be funnier than my post.

So, which is better - ass or arse? There's only one way to find out........

FIGHT!!*

* For the benefit of our Yankee friends, this is a catchphrase from a popular UK Saturday night light-entertainment show, so you probably won't get it. I don't really mean that the two posters in question should have a real fight. Although, with hindsight, that would probably be funnier than my post.

It's also a catchphrase from Mortal Kombat, which does involve large amounts of violence and bloodflow.

That said, YOU get over it and kiss my ass/arse.

Thanks.......but. no thanks. :lol:

Have a nice day (no sarcasm intended)

John Irving says in his book "A Widow for a Year" that bad English is fast becoming the universal language.

Jackson claims to have loads of songs piled up ready to inflict on the world after his death, a la Freddie Mercury. Which he reckons will happen before Macca's.

The singer has amassed a stack of tunes but only wants them to be heard by his children, 11-year-old Prince, 10-year-old Paris Katherine, and five-year-old Prince Michael II...

That's child abuse, that is.

Jackson claims to have loads of songs piled up ready to inflict on the world after his death, a la Freddie Mercury. Which he reckons will happen before Macca's.

The singer has amassed a stack of tunes but only wants them to be heard by his children, 11-year-old Prince, 10-year-old Paris Katherine, and five-year-old Prince Michael II...

That's child abuse, that is.

When Freddie Mercury died, they played Queen songs for 24 hours on the radio, the same happened when Elvis died.

I'm wondering if the suicide rate will increase if they do the same for Leonard Cohen

When Freddie Mercury died, they played Queen songs for 24 hours on the radio, the same happened when Elvis died.

Why did they play Queen songs when Elvis died?

They didn't they played Elvis songs when Elvis died :(:unsure:

They didn't; they played Elvis songs when Elvis died :rolleyes::)

Will they play Queen songs when the Queen dies?

Guest Stephen Patrick

Queen, pah! I'm hoping for a few royalties of my own but ffs don't tell that Mr Joyce.

I actually saw him today.....the view from my desk overlooks the rear of a famous London hotel and his entourage arrived about 4.00pm. Him and two kids (I assume they are the ones that are allegedly his own???). Nobody about until about twenty minutes later when hordes of fans and paparazzi arrived! He does look seriously weird!

I actually saw him today.....the view from my desk overlooks the rear of a famous London hotel and his entourage arrived about 4.00pm. Him and two kids (I assume they are the ones that are allegedly his own???). Nobody about until about twenty minutes later when hordes of fans and paparazzi arrived! He does look seriously weird!

Welcome to the forum Ferret, did he look paler than usual?

But does he look seriously ill?

He had his usual face mask thingy on (kids also in veils), but could he get any paler without breaking fundamental laws of spectrography? He did look very very thin....but this is the first time I've seen the guy, so that might be normal? Just wish I'd reacted quicker with my mobile and got some snaps!

Supposedly he'll face the press tomorrow and announce a summer residency at the O2 Arena, playing at least as many concerts as Prince did.