Crispy

Michael Jackson

Now LA Times says was in a coma and now dead - its like Sharon but on super fast forward

Thats b*llocks, there must be a timescale to determine whether somebody is merely unconscious or comatose?

Lies and damn lies even before the poor sod is cold.

Hello Grave Mistake - he of the notorious Australian death list thread.

Just popping in to say hello and tell you that Jackson's death is now being confirmed on the ABC over here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/26/2609021.htm

The news item is also open for comments, so it seems to be verified, since ABC are a reputable source....

That said, Channel Nine are reporting that "it's being reported" that Michael Jackson had had a heart attack. No news regarding death, though it is Channel Nine...

Guest Grave_Mistake

By the way, how long before all the nuts start claiming his still alive, a la Elvis, and we start having Jacko sightings? I am sure most sightings will turn out to be plastic shop window mannequins! :crossbone:

I wasn't old enough to remember Elvis croaking, but is pretty much next in line.

There will be a hell of a lot of upset people...

RIP Jacko... :crossbone:

One of his fans on the BBC said that Jacko's death will drawf the hysteria of Elvis.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few suicides over this. I can remember seeing footage of his dedicated fans after his trial.

I wasn't old enough to remember Elvis croaking, but is pretty much next in line.

RIP Jacko... :crossbone:

Yep, I remember Elvis croaking.

I think this is far bigger, Jacko was a worldwide phenomenon.

Someone I sort of grew up with has gone, it questions your own mortality.

Jacko has cancer!!!!

Deadpoolers have collective orgasm.

Or summat.

Either that, or the tabloids have blown up a few unimportant skin cancer cells to a massive story ahead of his gigs next month.

Nah. Jacko ain't dying and he won't be dying anytime soon.

At least the tabloids weren't trying to tease us this time. The tabloids always have a habit of making a person's illness seem worst than it is. or rather, they have a tendency of overhyping a celebrity's imminent demise within days when it turns out to be far from true (e.g., Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Jackson, Sir Richard Attenborough, Ed McMahon, Kelsey Grammar, Robin Williams, etc.).

You were saying BC?

Apparently Twitter has crashed under the weight of MJ searches. I remember the days when you found out who'd shuffled off when the newspaper hit your doormat in the morning.

Ditto Sickipedia, though it might be coincidence.

Guest Grave_Mistake

Again, they seem to be quoting TMZ.

I'm not a fan to be honest so don't feel very much at all. I'm definitely sadder about Farrah joining the Angels in heaven than Jacko's possible demise.

G'day Vinegar,

I agree. I never liked Jacko, even before the allegations of child abuse but, nonetheless, it is a tragedy for anyone to die so young. Then again, it is an even greater tragedy that DT didn't list it.

Tell you what, if the ABC are wrong, they will look ridiculous. <Media standards are falling in Australia and this would really hurt the once reputable national broadcaster.

By the way, is my Aussie Death List thread still going or did it die a natural death? I am too scared to look. A few of the older Aussies who were on it have dropped in the last few months, though so there have been some successes.

Cheers,

Grave Mistake

So I'm hearin conflicting reports latest was Heart Attack...too bad he didn't have a plastic one of those put in...he'd still be around...STRIKE THAT...I was more saddened by drowning a worm on the end of my fishing hook... :crossbone:

RIP Jacko... :banghead:

Yep, I remember Elvis croaking.

I think this is far bigger, Jacko was a worldwide phenomenon.

Someone I sort of grew up with has gone, it questions your own mortality.

Of course Elvis was World famous in Memphis... :crossbone:

Poor Farrah Fawcett. Croaks it, tributes start to roll in about her being a 70s icon, hours later, coverage will be obliterated by the biggest 80s icon of the lot...

Life (and Death) is timing...

Bloody hell... as if I didn't have enough to update already tonight with the DDP - I've just had to stop & start again...

A lot of very, very upset people indeed - two of my friends were off to see him next month - sorry to come all BC Alum like but THIS is a significant death - quite possibly the first one that will get people up & watching the rolling news since Diana, I would imagine...

:crossbone:

Not my cup of tea, either as a person or musically, but by 'eck he was talented. We're definitely poorer for his loss.

ITV are reporting that he is 'reported to have died', quoting the LA Times quoting 'law enforcement sources'.

Also using TMZ as a source.

That bastion of good journalism and accurate reporting, The National Enquirer, has reported that Michael Jackson may only have six months to live.

Six months and eighteen days later....

I can't imagine his old friend Liz Taylor will last long now, grief and all that, and she is on the list.

Bloody hell... as if I didn't have enough to update already tonight with the DDP - I've just had to stop & start again...

A lot of very, very upset people indeed - two of my friends were off to see him next month - sorry to come all BC Alum like but THIS is a significant death - quite possibly the first one that will get people up & watching the rolling news since Diana, I would imagine...

:crossbone:

Not my cup of tea, either as a person or musically, but by 'eck he was talented. We're definitely poorer for his loss.

I thought I wouldn't be too bothered about it, but, I'm a bit upset.

I don't have any of his albums, but some of his songs were great (Billie Jean, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough..etc)

and he absolutely dominated the 80s pop cultural landscape I grew up in. You would have to have lived in a cave not

to have heard of him.

I can't imagine his old friend Liz Taylor will last long now, grief and all that, and she is on the list.

Then again, she managed to get over Richard Burton, so let's not put her on amber just yet.

A special BBC newsflash.

The last one of those was probably for the Queen Mother..

LA Times are reporting that he's dead

LA Times are reporting that he's dead

Associated Press are now reporting that he is dead. Quite a credible source.

Tell you what, if the ABC are wrong, they will look ridiculous. <Media standards are falling in Australia and this would really hurt the once reputable national broadcaster.

ABC now showing puppets and it doesn't look like a tribute. They seem to have gone back to reporting the reporting though. However, Channel Seven are stating "Jacko is dead" as fact. :banghead:

If it is/was a heart attack, I'm waiting for the blame it on the boogie jokes myself... :crossbone:

A special BBC newsflash.

The last one of those was probably for the Queen Mother..

nah, Jade Goody wasn't it?

BBC Newsflash - Yikes, its going to go all Lady Di now isn't it..

With Obama playing the role of Earl Spencer.