Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Just putting the final touches in, that last spot in Never Came to Maryport II is proving a headache:

Kirsty Howard, famous for being famous or self-determining figurehead of high profile fund-raising campaign?

vs

Barbara West; helpless dementia case who happened to sail on the Titanic.

Would I be right in assuming only the second one could sail on this dp?

Just putting the final touches in, that last spot in Never Came to Maryport II is proving a headache:

Kirsty Howard, famous for being famous or self-determining figurehead of high profile fund-raising campaign?

vs

Barbara West; helpless dementia case who happened to sail on the Titanic.

Would I be right in assuming only the second one could sail on this dp?

You would be right, because I would say that Howard is famous for being famous, therefore violating the new rule that no picks may be under the age of 25 AND be famous for being famous. West would still be FbF, but is seaworthy for this vessel.

She lit the flame for the Commonwealth Games you know, a feat of bravery bordering on suicidal when she's never more than a yard from a tank of pure oxygen!

Point taken, mind.

I doubt Barbara West could spell 'seaworthy' any more but she'll be bobbing into sight on your e-mail very soon.

Go well

She lit the flame for the Commonwealth Games you know, a feat of bravery bordering on suicidal when she's never more than a yard from a tank of pure oxygen!

It wouldn't have been all bad if that did happen. If I remember correctly, David Beckham was there to assist her...

He's not brain of Britain. I think she was assisting him, all the paraphenalia she was dragging was a good way of hiding that fact.

Oh aye, and as of about five minutes ago I'm in for another season of CPDP fun. Theme team entered is considerably younger than the last lot.

He's not brain of Britain. I think she was assisting him, all the paraphenalia she was dragging was a good way of hiding that fact.

Oh aye, and as of about five minutes ago I'm in for another season of CPDP fun. Theme team entered is considerably younger than the last lot.

I got it, too lazy to respond via gmail at the moment.

Just another reminder that time is running out and, with many high-profile players not having submitted yet, it may just be a smaller pool - which will be interesting.

I got it, too lazy to respond via gmail at the moment.

Just another reminder that time is running out and, with many high-profile players not having submitted yet, it may just be a smaller pool - which will be interesting.

I've just emailed you mine and scsi's lists, apologies to other players that have picked anyone on these lists as we Grendels seem to be the kiss of life to the candidates!

Well, despite almost insurmountable technical difficulties, I have just e-mailed the 'ttg,s team selections. CP can you please post on here if you have received them or not as I don't feel particularly confident that I've configured our new e-mails properly. Merci :P

That's me entered too. Same theme team as last year.

Hope it still counts as they give them out to anyone these days. Even Americans...

I thought I'd enter a team of fatties for my CPDP theme entry. But it's proving difficult to choose. :P

I thought I'd enter a team of fatties for my CPDP theme entry. But it's proving difficult to choose. :P

Either someone's taking their fetish to the extreme, or they've got too much time on their hands, or both.

Lady G, scsi, Windsor, DttG and SttG: I have received all of your entries. If there are any problems or ambiguities, I'll let you know by private message. W, since you entered by personal message, in as much as my full inbox would allowed, I'll keep you off the mailing list this year again if you'd like (since I post changes on DL anyways).

My department's happy hour is tonight (though I have a nagging suspicion that it will neither be happy nor an hour), but then I have to stay at home until the evening tomorrow to wait for a package, so the plan is to have the Halls of Teams and Ghosts up tomorrow, followed by the Halls of Scores and Champions soon after, and finally the Hall of Candidates when I get around to it.

Well unless someone turns up dead, it looks as if we have our winners for the CPDP:

In the Ordinary Team category, we have f**k f**k Fuckety f**k f**k as winner with an impressive seven hits: Julie Winnefred Bertrand, Allen Carr, Ross Davidson, Freddy Fender, George Melly, Tammy Faye Messner and Ferenc Puskas

In the Theme Team category, we have Old and in the Way as winner with five hits: Brooke Astor, Henry Beachell, Julie Winnefred Bertrand, Elizabeth Bolden and Emiliano Mercado del Toro.

Congratulations to the winners!

For 2007-2008, four teams went into retirement: Boys and Girls Come out to Play, f**k f**k Fuckety f**k f**k, Team Get f**ked Please and The Tim O'Tays. To replace them, we have seven new teams: Can-I-Die?, End of the world as we know it, Godot's Last Minuters, Raven's Flock, The Carking Lot, The Professional and To Die For. A hearty welcome to them and an equally hearty welcome back to all of our returning teams!

So here's the plan. By the end of the day (my day, anyways) I should have the new teams with all of their selections up. Next I'll do the Hall of Scores, followed by the Hall of Ghosts and then the Hall of Champions. Once that is all done, I will slowly begin putting up all the candidate pages.

Finally, on the highly off chance that one of my own candidates dies before I get the teams up today, here's my list so that no one thinks I've cheated:

Regular Team: James Coyne, Donald Crowdis, Milt Dunnell, Tyrone Jones, Evel Knievel, Jack Ramsay, Dufferin Robelin, Robert G. Robertson, Joe Weider, Weird Al Yankovic

Theme Team, Canadian Hockey Players Over 80: Emile Bouchard, Johnny Bower, Ray Getliffe, Ted Kennedy (the hockey player), Ken Reardon, Milt Schmidt, Clint Smith, Gaye Stewart

Guest TheUnknownMan

Okay, Here's My Regular Team: Pamela Anderson, Fidel Castro, Maria De Jesus, Jean Delannoy, Barbara Kent, Robert Mugabe, Edna Parker, Ariel Sharon, Barbra Streisand, Eliabeth Taylor.

And my Theme team: Ernest Borgnine, Phyllis Diller, Joan Fontaine, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Dennis Healey, Lena Horne, Herbert Lom, Vera Lynn, Henri Salvador, Googie Withers.

Okay, Here's My Regular Team: Pamela Anderson, Fidel Castro, Maria De Jesus, Jean Delannoy, Barbara Kent, Robert Mugabe, Edna Parker, Ariel Sharon, Barbra Streisand, Eliabeth Taylor.

And my Theme team: Ernest Borgnine, Phyllis Diller, Joan Fontaine, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Dennis Healey, Lena Horne, Herbert Lom, Vera Lynn, Henri Salvador, Googie Withers.

Are we supposed to work out the theme or something?

They are all 90 years old. I think.

They are all 90 years old. I think.

The name of that particular Theme Team is Born in 1917, Dead in 2007?

Okay; I hope to be getting out the oujia board to congratulate some of the following in the next twevle months

Theme Team

Leaders and Breeders

Saad Al-Abdullah Al-Salim Al-Sabah

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim

Betty Ford

Wojciech Jaruzelski

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo

Robert Mugabe

Yitzhak Shamir

Ariel Sharon

Suharto

Baroness Mary Wilson

Never Came to Maryport II

Henry Allingham

Fidel Castro

Patricia C Dunn

Paul Fox - Rut turned knob twiddler.

Billy Graham

June Havoc

Edna Parker

Harry Patch

Tomoji Tanabe

Barbara West – Titanic survivor

The Hall of Teams is up for your general perusal, other Halls to follow.

Also, all of the new entrants (except for To Die For, who it won't let me send an email to!) should be on the email list, so if you didn't get the first email and you're not Windsor or To Die For, please let me know so I can take care of it!

The Hall of Teams is up for your general perusal, other Halls to follow.

Also, all of the new entrants (except for To Die For, who it won't let me send an email to!) should be on the email list, so if you didn't get the first email and you're not Windsor or To Die For, please let me know so I can take care of it!

Aaaww now I feel all sad and left out. Do I need to PM you an address that works?

Thanks CP, but I think I'll pass on the updates. I get enough email notifications from other websites. Sad as it sounds seeing that you have an email only to find it's a notification email is like getting all excited over a text message only to find that it's from Orange. :dead3:

By the way, I've never heard of the Canadians I put on my team. I believe that they are ill and Canadian, so that's good enough for me.

One more thing. To save confusion, Earl Douglas Haig, Earl is his title, not his Christian name.

Nice work though.

Great work CP, many thanks for your efforts.

Well done CP. There are some great theme teams there, I feel really proud of everyone. I noticed Godot only has 9 candidates in the ordinary team. Is that bt accident or design?

Good stuff CP. Thank you.

A small detail, but my theme team name is 'Not so young, but, gifted and black'. Without the 'but', it might seem that I think the candidates are neither gifted nor black. Which would be silly.

David

In the order they were received:

To Die For: You can send a working email to cpdp2006 at gmail dot com (the same place you sent your picks) and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Windsor: OK, that's what I figured re: Haig, I just wasn't sure. And I feel you on the email thing.

Handy: Godot submitted 10 candidates, but one was deceased and he hasn't replied with a replacement. I figure he's not the type to steal someone else's good pick and I didn't want to delay the whole site because of him, so I put it up with the nine for now, though he's rapidly running out of time to find a replacement.

DttG: Hmm... I had always thought that those were three separate articles (as in, the not so had nothing to do with gifted and black), but the "but" would clarify it, so I'll fix it up right away.

I appreciate the appreciation, although don't hold your breath on the Hall of Candidates. I'll probably be doing those very slowly, not that it makes much of a difference for the pool itself. I'm thinking they'll all be up sometime around Christmas. :dead3: I have got all the pictures though.

I appreciate the appreciation, although don't hold your breath on the Hall of Candidates. I'll probably be doing those very slowly, not that it makes much of a difference for the pool itself. I'm thinking they'll all be up sometime around Christmas. :dead3: I have got all the pictures though.

Oh that'll be good, I'd like to see what all these Canadians look like that I've randomly picked. The pictures of mulleted men I can do without. I tried so hard to think of a celebrity femullet to even up the team but my knowledge of country singers is about as good as my knowledge of Canadians.

Hope the beer went down well CP!

Edit: If we are talking name changes - I just realised I forgot the O in front for O Can-I-Die? Seeing as it is a lame name anyway, change it only if you can be arsed. Thanks!