Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Thanks. Site updated to reflect the death of Deborah Kerr, putting Dead to the World in second place in the Ordinary Team. Not that this affects the competition, but she also happens to have the most overall points, with 10 Ordinary and 7 Theme Team points.

No one, however, picked Joey Bishop, including one person who took him off his DDP and, for the second time, failed to put him on any other lists before the celebrity in question died. :lol:

Thanks. Site updated to reflect the death of Deborah Kerr, putting Dead to the World in second place in the Ordinary Team. Not that this affects the competition, but she also happens to have the most overall points, with 10 Ordinary and 7 Theme Team points.

No one, however, picked Joey Bishop, including one person who took him off his DDP and, for the second time, failed to put him on any other lists before the celebrity in question died. :lol:

Thanks CP, I am ashamed to say that when Ms. Kerr's death was announced on tonights evening news, I replied ' great, points for me on my CPDP team'.

Paul Fox, out of his foxhole and into a coffin. At last, I'm off the mark.

Not without a Wikipedia article. Check the rules again.

Not without a Wikipedia article. Check the rules again.

Points awarded now that there is a Wikipedia article present. Also, for those interested, I'm up to "I" on the candidates.

That Wiki entry, he was sometimes confused with Paul Fox the US record producer which - I think - led to the scrapping of an earlier Wiki entry. All told, it's a fairly good appraisal of his career. I'll confess to mixed feelings here, since I still listen to The Ruts off and on, lasted better than many of those bands with 'three chord thrash' guitarists.

Cheers

She also has a Wiki page.

Didn't even realize that she had been picked. Will get to the updating after a nice long shower.

FINALLY all of the candidates are up. The Hall of Candidates, which will link them all, will be up soon but, until then, all picks are linked from the team profiles.

CP - your website has vanished. I hope all your hard work hasn't gone to waste. ;)

CP - your website has vanished. I hope all your hard work hasn't gone to waste. ;)

Oh fer feck's sake, I'll have to contact the web master about that one. Thankfully, the one benefit to doing everything in HTML is that everything is backed up on my hard drive. Thus, at worst, all I'll have to do is upload it somewhere else. Thanks for the heads up.

OoO's birthday present may be gone forever though. :ghost:

OoO's birthday present may be gone forever though. :P

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo!

:ghost:

;)

Update from CPDP HQ. Have gotten in touch with the webmaster, and the site should be back up and running within a week or so. For those wondering, the scoreboard following Knievel's death is as follows:

Ordinary Team:

STAB_in-the_DARK (20)

To Die For (14)

Dead to the World (10)

Never Came to Maryport (10)

The Professional (9)

Windsor the Troll (9)

Godot's Last Minuters (8)

2 Farts and a Splash / Canadian Paul / CarolAnn / Football Fan / Handrejka's Smorgueasboard / Octopus of Odstock (5)

Raven's Flock / Slave to the Grave / The Carking Lot (4)

Everyone else (0)

Theme Team:

Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Smell That Way! / Order of the British Empire (7)

James Bond Stars / Only One Way Out Of Here (6)

Team Transplant / Widows and Widowers (5)

Dead and John / Godot's Fatties (4)

Everyone else (0)

I was looking forward to consulting this deadpool CP before making my final DDP and HDP selections but it still has that abandoned look. I can't even remember my own team (or what day it was yesterday).

I can't even remember my own team (or what day it was yesterday).

Knock knock: It's the very very early stages of Alzheimers ...

Well done CP for being listed in 1st place on Rotten.com's deadpool.

Well done CP for being listed in 1st place on Rotten.com's deadpool.

Thanks. I maintain that Augustus F. Hawkins was not a cheap pick, since the RDP was too good to let me pick George Melly, who would have replaced him any day. ;)

Meanwhile, in CPDP news, the site is still down, but there's not much to update, as it seems that Art Arfons has yet to garner the proper obituary for the Ordinay Team, something that I'm quite frankly surprised by.

Congrats to The Carking Lot, who scores a solid six points with the death of Canadian jazz legend Oscar Peterson. Site is still down, but fully updated on my computer, so I can at least give you all the score board. Meanwhile, Arfons has yet to garner a proper Ordinary Team obit, so the scoreboard is as follows:

Ordinary Team:

STAB_in-the_DARK (20)

To Die For (14)

Dead to the World / Never Came to Maryport / The Carking Lot (10)

The Professional / Windsor the Troll (9)

Godot's Last Minuters (8)

2 Farts and a Splash / Canadian Paul / CarolAnn / Football Fan / Handrejka's Smorgueasboard / Octopus of Odstock (5)

Raven's Flock / Slave to the Grave (4)

Everyone else (0)

Theme Team:

Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Smell That Way! / Order of the British Empire (7)

James Bond Stars / Only One Way Out Of Here (6)

Team Transplant / Widows and Widowers (5)

Dead and John / Godot's Fatties (4)

Everyone else (0)

Meanwhile, Arfons has yet to garner a proper Ordinary Team obit, so the scoreboard is as follows:

Please correct me if I am wrong - but wasn't the Independent Newspaper a pre-requisite for the ordinary team? If so - http://news.independent.co.uk/people/obitu...icle3223657.ece

Sorry, off the top of my head, I can't remember the obit rules for ordinary as compared to theme.

Meanwhile, Arfons has yet to garner a proper Ordinary Team obit, so the scoreboard is as follows:

Please correct me if I am wrong - but wasn't the Independent Newspaper a pre-requisite for the ordinary team? If so - http://news.independent.co.uk/people/obitu...icle3223657.ece

Sorry, off the top of my head, I can't remember the obit rules for ordinary as compared to theme.

I don't think the Independent would count as an obit for the ordinary team. From what I remember, the ordinary team obit rules were BBC, CNN or any online Canadian news source.

I don't think the Independent would count as an obit for the ordinary team. From what I remember, the ordinary team obit rules were BBC, CNN or any online Canadian news source.

I actually changed the rules this year to include the New York Times and The Independent, so it's points ahoy for Art Arfons. Will update the "scoreboard" soon.

The previous webmaster's hold on the site has expired, so I figure I'll just go and reserve the domain myself with some of the Christmas money I have left over soon. Apologies for the delay in responding; I got the entire run of Blackadder for Christmas and I've been a mite distracted learning where my avatar came from. :unsure:

The CPDP link is taking me to Landpirates, this is a temporary blip, right?

The CPDP link is taking me to Landpirates, this is a temporary blip, right?

Nope. It appears that the webmaster was too slow in renewing his domain, and now it has been taken by one of those shitty advertising companies. Looks like I will have to find the CPDP a new home in the new year.