Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

I found another bug on the Simfish InquilineKea. Everytime i click Billy Graham's name it redirects me to The Paul Newman page. It's supposed to redirect me the the Billy Graham page.

Looks like John Landeryou had been dead beforehand, ah well. Might as well just be more careful next time about living statuses of people.

Technically, if you want, you can claim that you were selecting his son of the same name. I doubt he'll either die or get the required coverage, but it's better than going in with 9 members.

Meanwhile, I continue to regret allowing MPFC's Theme Team in the game and, now that my life has returned to sucking, I remember why deadpooling is such an enjoyable distraction. Anyhow, site updated (finally). It was a rather large update this time, so if I missed something, particularly a hit, or made a mistake, let me know.

I guess I can just go that way, haha. Yeah, better than 9 members and I can just kick him off next year.

Updated to reflect the death of Edna Parker plus the above bug fix. Skippy hooray.

Hockey player Hank Goldup has died shortly after turning 90. I've been a bit delayed with finals, food poisoning and traveling, but now I have ample free time, so I should update the site for Johnson, Cordero and Goldup tonight (my tonight) and the "I&P: The Names 2009" thread tomorrow.

Guest Man Of Dog
Hockey player Hank Goldup has died shortly after turning 90. I've been a bit delayed with finals, food poisoning and traveling, but now I have ample free time, so I should update the site for Johnson, Cordero and Goldup tonight (my tonight) and the "I&P: The Names 2009" thread tomorrow.

^

Sorry, that was me, miserably failing to be clever. :angry:

I meant to say don't forget Patriarch Alexius as well, who was on my theme team.

Nice to see you posting, CP. I thought you'd been sucked in to the vortex which claimed Tempus Fugit and Magere Hein and is doing it's best to take Lady Die and Football Fan from us.

^

Sorry, that was me, miserably failing to be clever. :angry:

I meant to say don't forget Patriarch Alexius as well, who was on my theme team.

Nice to see you posting, CP. I thought you'd been sucked in to the vortex which claimed Tempus Fugit and Magere Hein and is doing it's best to take Lady Die and Football Fan from us.

Wouldn't have noticed that one... I'll be sure to include him too.

Thanks, DDT. October and the first half of November I had personal stuff to deal with (nothing death related though) and the second half of November and the first half of December were school work. For the next month, however, I have been banished to the frozen wastelands of North Dakota, where I will have ample time to post useless information and unfunny jokes. And do some of that updating stuff as well.

Also, since I don't want to post on the DL Chat thread, while I'm on it, whatever happened to DL chat? I stopped by a few times, but no one's ever 'round there no more.

EDIT: Site now updated. As always, let me know if there are any mistakes.

Guest Guest

Can you make some room in your inbox, CP.

Can you make some room in your inbox, CP.

I'll try tomorrow... I'm rather attached to all the messages there at present though...

I found another bug on the Febres Cordero page. It says "Ocotopus of odstock". It is supposed to say "Octopus of Odstock". Could you please fix this?

I found another bug on the Febres Cordero page. It says "Ocotopus of odstock". It is supposed to say "Octopus of Odstock". Could you please fix this?

Fixed. Site also updated to reflect the death W. Mark Felt. Congrats to 2 Farts and Splash, who extend their first place lead by five points!

As for cleaning out my inbox, I've been reading some of those PMs... classics... haven't decided which one to toss just yet...

Fixed. Site also updated to reflect the death W. Mark Felt. Congrats to 2 Farts and Splash, who extend their first place lead by five points!

As for cleaning out my inbox, I've been reading some of those PMs... classics... haven't decided which one to toss just yet...

CP you don't need to get rid of them, just go to 'archive messages' and send them in one email to yourself as an HTML page, don't pick the MS Excel datafile option though, as it will come out as gobbledygook :unsure: .

CP you don't need to get rid of them, just go to 'archive messages' and send them in one email to yourself as an HTML page, don't pick the MS Excel datafile option though, as it will come out as gobbledygook :) .

Hmmm... in the case, my PM box should be free in 10 minutes or so, thanks Lady G!

Meanwhile, the CPDP has been updated for the deaths of Lansana Conte, E.C.T. Wilson, Harold Pinter and Eartha Kitt. Well done to all the teams involved; the Theme Team competition is shaping up to be a good one this season!

the Theme Team competition is shaping up to be a good one this season!

Agreed, I think your regret at allowing my team was a little premature. If nothing else, every one of my lot has proven their good genetic make up. I'd been considering a 'right stuff' line up next year comprising living VC recipients, but - as of today - there are only nine such people. Mebbe someone will get one this week in Afghanistan, or summat.

Mistake: Even though Mr. Blackwell has a page (BlackwellM), the url on my team page doesn't work, due to it being "MrBlackwell".

Mistake: Even though Mr. Blackwell has a page (BlackwellM), the url on my team page doesn't work, due to it being "MrBlackwell".

D'oh, I'll fix that next time I update the site. I've already done all the changes for Maria de Jesus in the Hall of Ghosts, then I realized, why bothering updating without a hit?

the Theme Team competition is shaping up to be a good one this season!

Agreed, I think your regret at allowing my team was a little premature. If nothing else, every one of my lot has proven their good genetic make up. I'd been considering a 'right stuff' line up next year comprising living VC recipients, but - as of today - there are only nine such people. Mebbe someone will get one this week in Afghanistan, or summat.

I think your calling my regret a little premature was a little premature. :banghead: As for the VC thing, 2 Farts and a Splash have had that Theme Team two years running and it certainly got them points.

Anyhow, site updated to reflect the death of Bill Stone, so well done MPFC. I've also updated the Hall of Candidates, but I haven't uploaded any new profiles yet (other than Stone's, of course)

My mega-oldsters will doubtless fall at a slow and steady rate, which is - kind of - the point. After last year I wanted a team capable of performing well. When they go, their age and the penalties for famous for being famous put the brakes on the runaway success. Doubtless even best-selling author Harry Patch will be penalised that way. So, I'm confident of making it into the mix for the sprint finish, but that's about it. Some of this is an out and out lottery anyway, Eejit's stunning Deathrace score could hardly have been predicted. The whole premise of that deadpool is to reward the fastest carkers outright, so Susan Atkins, Dai Llewellyn and their ilk seemed to me to be the likely big players. Okay, Eejit had the world's oldest person and a WW1 vet, dependable carking types over the length of a year but would anyone have bet hard cash on them dying little more than a week apart at the very start?

Site updated to reflect the death of Ricardo Montalban. Congrats to OoO, who is now in first place in the Theme Team category.

Site updated to reflect the death of Ricardo Montalban. Congrats to OoO, who is now in first place in the Theme Team category.

To prove I've not completely shed my deadpooling hopes & dreams, I'm actually really chuffed about this - especially when I thought the theme team was somewhat watered down.

I also vowed that anyone on my "Spanish" theme team would not be on the DDP, which is the only reason I didn't pick Montalban, who was struggling a lot in recent years. :o

It would be nice to win this, especially as I run a deadpool that would be a bit... dodgy, shall we say, if I win?

Hold on, didn't I win the theme team competition last year? If so, it's all since taking charge of the DDP. Interesting..... very interesting........ :(

I've been holding off on updating partially because I've been insanely busy, but also because I was waiting for a suitable obit for Angela Morley. I know I have to update for Tony Hart and Hall of Ghoster John Mortimer, but has anyone seen an obit for Morley that would satisfy the Ordinary Team requirements?

I've been holding off on updating partially because I've been insanely busy, but also because I was waiting for a suitable obit for Angela Morley. I know I have to update for Tony Hart and Hall of Ghoster John Mortimer, but has anyone seen an obit for Morley that would satisfy the Ordinary Team requirements?

Didn't you choose the Independent as your UK broadsheet source? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituari...as-1488590.html

Didn't you choose the Independent as your UK broadsheet source? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituari...as-1488590.html

Yup... that'd do just perfect! Didn't turn up though when I searched for it. :blink: In any case, I'll update for Mortimer, Hart and Morley tomorrow.

Site updated to reflect the deaths of Tony Hart and Angela Morley. Congrats to 2 Farts and a Splash and Handrejka's Smorgueasboard, who are in first and second place respectively in the Ordinary Team category.