Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Congrats to End of the world as we know it for the successful pick of Jean Delannoy, who has received a New York Times obituary, becoming the team's first Ordinary hit, worth five points.

Congrats to End of the world as we know it for the successful pick of Jean Delannoy, who has received a New York Times obituary, becoming the team's first Ordinary hit, worth five points.

What they said, but add "Site updated to reflect this."

Both my teams have 13 points.

Unlucky for some...

Site updated to reflect the death of Jesse Helms. Congratulations to CarolAnn and The Professional.

Site updated to reflect the death of Tony Snow (and Michael DeBakey, who was picked last year, but not this). Well done To Die For!

Site updated to reflect the death of Estelle Getty. Congrats to Football Fan.

Guest TheUnknownMan

The CPDP needs to be updated due to the death of Sandy Allen.

CNN obit

Well done to Mr. Odstock.

The CPDP needs to be updated due to the death of Sandy Allen.

CNN obit

Well done to Mr. Odstock.

Yes, particularly since he also had Alexander Solzhenitsyn! Well done to DevonDeathTrip as well, who also had ol' Soly - the site has been updated to today.

Also, my lazy announcement of the moment is that entries for the next CPDP will be accepted starting on the 18th and the next round will begin on September 1. More formal announcement later, but I do not think that much, if anything, will change - I don't believe that there were any kinks or bugs, but please point them out if there were, so that I can fix them.

I have entered CP, but as your DL mailbox is full & I can see no e-mail to enter the team on the site, I have emailed you the team. Hope this is okay.

I did the same.

I did the same.

I also did the same.

I did the same.

I also did the same.

That's us - buncha damn conformists.

Damn sheep.. following the Master :P:sicktherm:

There must be someone who did not do the same....

I did the same.

I also did the same.

I did the same too.

I didn't.

Damn sheep.. following the Master :P:sicktherm:

There must be someone who did not do the same....

I didn't. I used facebook.

I'm putting the final touches to the theme team. I mean, we could enter by - like - posting the lot on this thread, right?

I'm putting the final touches to the theme team. I mean, we could enter by - like - posting the lot on this thread, right?

If you're feeling charitable and want to share your picks. :sicktherm:

The email address for submissions is still cpdp2006 AT gmail.com. I keep my DL PM full on purpose so that I can try and keep the noms in one place (Facebook prints the messages in its notification emails, so that works too) although if you want to keep your email secret and don't care about getting the update emails (like Windsor), I can try and clear our a space or two... just let me know here and I'll work it out.

September 1 is the Monday of a long weekend in the US, and I've tried to complete most of my "real world" work this week, so hopefully I can devote the long weekend to getting as much of the site working as possible so that I don't have much work to do at the beginning of the year. I've already worked on the lot that has sent in their picks earlier.

That reminds me, I've confirmed my receipt of all the teams that have entered thus far so, if you haven't gotten confirmation, I haven't gotten your entry.

I anticipate fewer teams than last year, since many of the teams who have participated in years past seem to have disappeared lately... then again, most people tend to send their picks in on the last day, so who knows?

Also, since a couple of teams have run into this issue, please don't forget that all picks require a wiki page (unless they're somehow famous enough that my friends would have heard of them, but not famous enough for Wikipedia) that lasts until the end of the competition.

I'm still thinking about mine and no doubt I'll be at 'the coo's tail' as usual and submitting it at 11p.m. on the 31st. I've sent you a question regarding my theme team through Facebook though, if the answer is no it's back to the drawing board for me (not that I'm trying to put any pressure on you :sicktherm: ).

The CPDP needs to be updated for the near miss for Phil Hill.

Feh. I'll just wait until the new competition begins, unless a current pick dies before then.

Entered today via your e-mail, the DL message box is still packed with other entries.

Making a serious attempt to atone for the woeful performance last time around.

I also submitted my entry via your email.

Hey all. I've been working today to get as much of the new CPDP season up as possible. Mercifully, only 14 teams entered this round, which has substantially reduced the amount of work that I have to do. Here's what's good to go:

1. Hall of Ghosts has been updated to the death of Phil Hill and includes all former picks not picked this year and all retired teams.

2. Hall of Teams is up with all teams and all picks linked. Note, however, that only some of the pick links work, which leads me to...

3. Any candidate who has been chosen in a previous year has had their profile updated to the new and current CPDP and are therefore valid links on individual profiles. This means that a fair chunk (about 100) of the candidate pages are ready to go. I also added the section for Handrejka's Transsexual Bonus, which I forgot to add to a lot of profiles last year and, since all the new ones should be based off of this batch, it should be omnipresent in this year's competition.

4. The Hall of Rules has remained the same

5. The homepage has been updated

Now here's what needs to be done:

1. Finalizing the 2007-2008 CPDP. This means double-checking the points, awarding the Theme Team bonus points, sending out a final email to last year's participants and doling out the appropriate awards on user pages.

2. Updating the Hall of Scores to reflect the above and to include the new round of competition.

3. Last, but certainly not least, updating the Hall of Candidates and creating profile pages for all of the new selections. There's a fair number to do but, as mentioned above, not even close to as many as last year, so hopefully I will be finished before December this round. :rip:

So anyways, hopefully there's enough up there for now to distract... at the very least, you can see everyone's teams. I don't plan on doing anymore work on it until Friday, when I will finalize last year's CPDP, because I've got a busy week, but hopefully no one will die during this week and I'll make a lot of progress over the upcoming year.

Thanks to everyone who entered! Please point out any errors that you see, so that I can fix them up early.

Impressive work so soon CP. Begs a question, mind. With entries on poolofdeath and CPDP so low is deadpooling - like - dying?